Pit bull ban weighed after shih tzu i...

Pit bull ban weighed after shih tzu is killed

There are 9 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Pit bull ban weighed after shih tzu is killed. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Other municipalities across Michigan have banned pit bulls, but Allen Park could become the first to do so after a local official's pet was killed by them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Rich

Berea, OH

#1 Oct 9, 2008
This is bull. Blame the dog not the breed. All the big agencies say pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog. in fact over 50% of dog bites are from poodles not pits. I feel bad for the lady but if this passes because her dog got killed I will not vote for her or any council member that supports this. its personal and not based on facts and that is wrong to blame the whole breed! There are dogs on my block twice the size of my 40lbs pit. My neighbor has two mastiffs that weigh at least 100lbs each. and my dog is more dangerous. That is a load of crap. I feel bad that her piece of shitzu was killed but my dog did not kill it!!!!

“Equal Opportunity”

Since: Jul 08

NA

#2 Oct 9, 2008
I couldn't agree more. It's all about how a dog was raised. I have a Mastiff and he's the sweetest boy ever...he's big and kinda scary looking but he's not mean!
mike

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Cheaper and more cost effective to ban the dog then Believe (trust) that humans will rise them correctly.
A dog this time, maybe someone’s child next.
Never hear of a poodle killing a baby do you?
Alex

United States

#4 Jun 16, 2009
mike wrote:
Cheaper and more cost effective to ban the dog then Believe (trust) that humans will rise them correctly.
A dog this time, maybe someone’s child next.
Never hear of a poodle killing a baby do you?
I've heard of pomeranians killing babies. The fact is, any dog can kill. Whether they're poodles, shi tzus, german shepherds, chihuahuas, or pits, they can all kill. It is neither cost effective nor does it make any impact on dog maulings and attacks, it only tricks people into thinking they're safer. Maybe they're safer from being attacked by a scary-looking dog, but they are not safer from attacks.

“No Bull no Dawg then”

Since: May 09

Wales,Michigan

#5 Jun 16, 2009
I always laugh when I see a ruling going after Pitbulls and they say "look at the facts" and they show how many attacks are by Pits . But they never show how many pitbulls that are owned compared to other breeds , in other words how can they compare 400 pitbulls to 60 sheepdog say in the end the numbers cant be fair .
Now if you say take 50 pit bulls compared to 50 sheepdogs chancs are you will have a closer compareson .
Its just they compaer a popular breed to others less popular and it sways the numbers . Any animal can attack theres no for sures out there
jjooee112233

Comstock Park, MI

#6 Jun 30, 2009
Rich wrote:
This is bull. Blame the dog not the breed. All the big agencies say pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog. in fact over 50% of dog bites are from poodles not pits. I feel bad for the lady but if this passes because her dog got killed I will not vote for her or any council member that supports this. its personal and not based on facts and that is wrong to blame the whole breed! There are dogs on my block twice the size of my 40lbs pit. My neighbor has two mastiffs that weigh at least 100lbs each. and my dog is more dangerous. That is a load of crap. I feel bad that her piece of shitzu was killed but my dog did not kill it!!!!
ur dog is more dangerous and i think u know it.u are right about pits they can wonderful pets.i think the biggest problem is the owners most of them have no right even owning a gerbil let alone a pitbull.its a shame the dogs are the 1s that suffer
jjooee112233

Comstock Park, MI

#7 Jun 30, 2009
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard of pomeranians killing babies. The fact is, any dog can kill. Whether they're poodles, shi tzus, german shepherds, chihuahuas, or pits, they can all kill. It is neither cost effective nor does it make any impact on dog maulings and attacks, it only tricks people into thinking they're safer. Maybe they're safer from being attacked by a scary-looking dog, but they are not safer from attacks.
ur full of it lol
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#8 Jun 30, 2009
Yeah, you should do it...all the little insecure gangsters down here cried about it for awhile, but we haven't had a small dog attacked in quite awhile....
Jim

Lincoln Park, MI

#9 Jul 6, 2009
I lived in Allen Park for 6 months now and moved here hopping it would better our family to move into a better neighborhood not even aware of a ban of pitbulls as of Feb 01,2009. Now we have to put our dog, family member of 7 years down.
This is crazy, we are a family orianted household and we are very responsable with the care and supervision of our pit, even keeping her on a leach at all times while in the fenced-in, backyard under supervision.
I dont have much money, am unemployed, seeking SSI but if there is away for our family to keep our dog I will sell everything I own to fight this situation.
Im not sure if the forum allows me to post my email but I would appreciate it if my email is allowed to stay posted below for which we are seeking help and have no idea where to turn.
Please if anyone could offer advice or know the steps to take to fight this so we dont have to put her asleep please email me, any help will so be appreciated.
Thank You
Jim
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allen Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whistle Stop Pop Shop Jan 14 slmb4607 1
Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN .... (Aug '07) Jan 8 butch 4,717
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) Jan 7 BigGal62 44
gang stalking motivation (Oct '15) Jan 6 there is no god 5
Tim Horton on ford road Jan 5 Moe 5
What's the best topless club in the area? (Oct '12) Jan 4 Truth 6
Daniel Swope Jan 1 Need to know 2

Allen Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance