Allen Girls Basketball Coach Hancock

Posted in the Allen Forum

Michael

Pikeville, KY

#1 Dec 22, 2010
What a great season these girls had this year. If I recall someone said on here that they would not win a game under there new Coach Rick Hancock. I think he has for sure proven this person wrong.
I new he would make Allen a better team turn them around like he has in one year this is amazing, I know the lady tat coach at Betsy Layne Mrs Watson I heard her tell someone that if turn that program around that he needs to be at some high school coaching. But anyway just like to say thank Coach Hancock for a great season and hope you stay there because I can't wait to see what you do next year and the years to come. But want be surprise to see you move up next year to a high school I know for sure that someone wants to see you back at ACHS and is working hard to see that happen.
John

Pikeville, KY

#2 Dec 24, 2010
Allen Girls are going to be good they looked really good at the Sportplex and Hancock was not there coaching them Tiffany play great but can't play that good for Hancock.. Seth may want to look at that year before he hires Hancock back!!
parent

Peach Creek, WV

#3 Dec 27, 2010
John wrote:
Allen Girls are going to be good they looked really good at the Sportplex and Hancock was not there coaching them Tiffany play great but can't play that good for Hancock.. Seth may want to look at that year before he hires Hancock back!!
this is so funny...we won plenty of games..so someone was sure putting points on the board...theres not just one girl on the floor at a time..last time i checked 5 girls are out on the floor together ...supposed to be playing as a TEAM....thats the way rick coaches...hes doing a greatm job and if he leaves alot would follow him...tiffany is a great player and for someone to bring her name on topix makes me sick...theres a time do please get some common since...
parent

Peach Creek, WV

#4 Dec 27, 2010
the c-team won co.he must be doing something right with that age group and k-5 hasnt lost a game...sounds to me that the grown ups need to stop coaching from home and thinking the team is only a one girl show...
seriously John

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2010
Why would you put your name and then your grand-daughters. She's a great player, but she had alot of help at the sports plex. Like parent said, "There's 5 players not one, and you look at stats not the way one player plays. Coach Hancock is great!
parent

Peach Creek, WV

#6 Dec 28, 2010
i totally agree she was passed the ball and someone was getting alot of assist..thats team ball not one girl ball...the girls did win all the games they played but would have loved it if coach was with them..they respect him..hes why they won those games...he has taught them alot in 1yr.thanks rick for caring about our girls and making them a TEAM....
Allen Fan

Virgie, KY

#7 Dec 28, 2010
I agree with what Michael said early on. Coach Hancock has done an excellent job this year. Lets see: B Team County Runner Up, C Team County Champs and an undefeated K5 team this year (so far). Coach has 64 wins and 25 losses between all 4 teams. That is a 71.9 winning percentage his first year! With the amount of talented players he has developed in the 6th, 5th and 4th grades, why would he want to leave?

Sorry John and Michael, Coach Hancock should be at Allen for a long time.

As for the sportsplex, I was there and the entire team played great. Allen has an excellent girls basketball progam due to a great coach, dedicate parents and a group of girls that want to get better. The future only will get better for girls basketball at Allen. We can't wait till next year and a chance to bring home another (or several) county titles!
i love them girls

Pikeville, KY

#8 Dec 29, 2010
First off you shouldn't talk about tiff, because she isn't the only girl out there that doesn't pass the ball; i'd say you child does it to. its because they want to show that they can play for him, i wish you could see how he really is, why do you think so many girls just went on and didn't play this year? he isn't the sweetest person out there but he did love them girls i saw that on 8th grade night; but when you want to talk about someone else's kid look at your own first.
Coach Hancock

Pikeville, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2010
First off, yes our girl's has had a great season.They have suprised alot of people,but they do work very hard for the sucess that we have had this year.For your information I am not planning on going anywhere,I bleed Green now.

Second off John whom ever you are,you do not mention kids names on here. The kid you are talking about would never say anything about me or any of her team mates.It was hard for the girl's to adjust to my coaching style at first ,and yes we did have our problems,that is common when a new coach is takes over. I know this is noone in this kids family,it is someone that wants to destroy what we have at Allen.Please don't say or mention the kids names or anything about the kids just because you have something aginst thier coach or dont like thier coach.

Third off parents please don't try to destroy what we have going at allen,things like this is what starts hard feelings between the girls,and can destroy a great team. This kid respects and loves her coach. She goes overboard trying to please her coach and her team mates. She does play team ball.

Forth off This kids family is a great family they have even invited me and my daughter over for dinner. We had a great conversation.I know this kids family appreciates everything i have done for thier child. The person that posted this is someone that doesn't wanna see allen win. Girls please don't let this get in between you and your team mates.

Love,
Coach Hancock
Wha u do

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2010
Just had to say it!!!!!!!Love Coach Hancock....
parent

Peach Creek, WV

#11 Dec 30, 2010
Wha u do wrote:
Just had to say it!!!!!!!Love Coach Hancock....
whoever wrot this...thats some funny stuff.not loving rick but "wha u do".
Ginger

Clay City, KY

#12 Jan 1, 2011
Allen Fan wrote:
I agree with what Michael said early on. Coach Hancock has done an excellent job this year. Lets see: B Team County Runner Up, C Team County Champs and an undefeated K5 team this year (so far). Coach has 64 wins and 25 losses between all 4 teams. That is a 71.9 winning percentage his first year! With the amount of talented players he has developed in the 6th, 5th and 4th grades, why would he want to leave?
Sorry John and Michael, Coach Hancock should be at Allen for a long time.
As for the sportsplex, I was there and the entire team played great. Allen has an excellent girls basketball progam due to a great coach, dedicate parents and a group of girls that want to get better. The future only will get better for girls basketball at Allen. We can't wait till next year and a chance to bring home another (or several) county titles!
It is untrue that the entire team was there, someone didn't call the other girls to play. There was alot of girls left out of the loop.
parent

Peach Creek, WV

#13 Jan 1, 2011
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text> It is untrue that the entire team was there, someone didn't call the other girls to play. There was alot of girls left out of the loop.
rick isnt the one who had some of the girls go to the sports plex.
Ginger

Clay City, KY

#14 Jan 1, 2011
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
rick isnt the one who had some of the girls go to the sports plex.
That explains it!
Loving Coach Hancock

Peach Creek, WV

#15 Jan 16, 2011
I love coach hancock!! He has took the Allen girls and turned them into a team! I have never seen a coach love his girls as much as he does! I hope he stays at Allen for as long as possible. Thank god he is bleeding green! As long as im at Allen, i will actually learn how to play basketball!

Love,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min spaceship 134,359
Timmy Carr Drug Dealer in Prestonsburg 1 hr Nono 4
ron hunter girlfriend 2 hr Looksdontmatter 3
Felisha Phee 2 hr Pissed in Preston... 2
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 5,060
Change a letter game (Aug '11) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 2,947
Two Words (Nov '13) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 2,084

Winter Storm Warning for Floyd County was issued at March 04 at 9:15PM EST

Allen Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Allen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE