Woman killed in Southern Tier crash

Full story: WIVB Buffalo

The other driver faces serious charges. According to the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office, a minivan operated by David O'Brien, 68, of Allegany, was heading southbound in the northbound lane of U.S. Route ...
Comments
41 - 48 of 48 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
oldtimer

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Back in the early 1980's this man's son Ken Obrien was caught by his dad doing drugs. As a good DCF investigator, he had him arrested and convicted. This teen commited suicide in jail waiting for help from a dad that was not there.
Justice-For-all

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

oldtimer wrote:
Back in the early 1980's this man's son Ken Obrien was caught by his dad doing drugs. As a good DCF investigator, he had him arrested and convicted. This teen commited suicide in jail waiting for help from a dad that was not there.
Do ya have any info. on the ski-wing murders or the Carol Fitzmaurice murder ? THANKS !!!
Trisha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Judged:

Thank you for the information oldtimer!
Anonymous

Olean, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

A Friend wrote:
Mr. Obrien is an arrogrant man who now wants people to believe that he only had three drinks followed by a meal. Not too many people drive in the wrong lane after just 3 drinks. We hope justice can be served here. This could be anybodys daughter, mom, sister or friend. We pray for her Family and her 2 teenage daughters left behind.
I personally know the story very well because I am his daughter... None of you know the real story. Just prior to the accident I had become very ill due to the disease I was born with I have Hereditary Spherocytosis. This breaks doiwn my red blood cells causing my hemoglobin to be abnormally low, and I contracted a virus which shut down my bone marrow which produces the red blood cells. I was in the hospital for five long days with a hemoglobin level of 4. Wouldnt you lose a little sleep over that? Also my father has sleep apnea. I hear everything that went on with this case how my father in fact did only have three beers that day followed by a huge meal, and ontop of that vigorous activity (dancing). I love how people can judge things when they don't even know the whole story maybe you should get your facts straight before you go posting crap like this. I do think of Wendy's family and how it has effected them. So maybe you should all try and look at the facts before you post something you have no idea what you are talking about. The only way you can get away with calling my father, "an arrogant man who now wants people to believe that he only had three drinks followed by a meal." is if you actually know what you are pulling out of your butts to make it seem like he is a horrible person.
Anonymous

Olean, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

agreed with abby, his daughter. dave is a good man and would never do something like this on puropose. i have heard the story many times. he was not drunk he just fell asleep. you can think what you want. but posting stuff like that is wrong especially when you are ignorant about the situation. unless you know either dave or wendy personally you have no say in anything.
ChkitOut

Youngstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Never Heard of a Sentence like 1-7 year's..somebody should check that out. If they give him a "illegal sentence..what kind of Felony is he charged with ? check the sentencing guidelines for his crime.He charged with Vehicular Manslaughter? There's another guy who's girlfriend died while on his motorcycle who just got indicted in Buffalo.they were both drinking and he's looking at 15 years. If you get an "illegal" sentence..which happens all the time, he could be Released from Prison on Appeal. Dont trust the Police. and no-sh*t not all Judges or DA's even know all the guidelines..they invent sh*t cuz they Friend's.
wow

Olean, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

this jerk was released today
his share of tragedy

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

oldtimer wrote:
The actual truth is, in the early 80's, his 20 year old son, was partying with friends, who coaxed him into taking his families car for a joy ride. After wrecking the car, the 'friends' fled the scene and left him passed out in the car. In the ensuing hours, in a state of total depression, he put a shotgun to his neck and pulled the trigger, he was found in the family home by his younger brother.
Since he was involved in the fatal accident Dave has also lost 2 younger sisters... He has suffered his share of tragedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Allegany Discussions

Search the Allegany Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
al kettle 18 min seriuosly 8
Our future leaders HAHAHA! 1 hr YOUR LORD AND MASTER CO 13
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Fox News Zombie 6,353
Breidenstein Is Systematically Systematic 8 hr Bob Breidenstein 1
jim gaffigan tickets!!!! 14 hr htilghman 1
dusti ginneryl 15 hr sally 5
Butch Maybee (Oct '13) 22 hr Jordan 122
•••
•••
•••
•••

Allegany Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••