Ex-trooper being jailed in fatal DWI

Ex-trooper being jailed in fatal DWI

There are 28 comments on the Buffalo News story from Nov 17, 2010, titled Ex-trooper being jailed in fatal DWI. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

David M. Oa Brien, the retired state trooper who was convicted of vehicular manslaughter in the drunken-driving death of a Pennsylvania woman in 2008, was scheduled to report to Cattaraugus County Jail in Little Valley this morning to begin his delayed sentence, his attorney said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

please dont be stupid

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22 Dec 20, 2010
not as smart as you wrote:
Glad you know everything on every topix.........
Don't know everything, and haven't claimed to.
I do have opinions as everyone does and am willing to my two cents on this board as you did when you wrote what you wrote about me; right???

Also, glad to know that you know that I do know everything on Topix!!!

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#23 Dec 20, 2010
Did the victim's family file a civil suit against the trooper?

If you think about it, his family will probably lose more than him. Yes, he will go to jail for some time but, if there is a civil suit then the family could potentially lose the home, his retirement, hers if she has one, and to think the family did nothing wrong, his poor wife she looked so ill in the court room when he was shown on TV.
He'll have to live with that for the rest of his life too!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#24 Dec 21, 2010
JohnRob wrote:
See what happens when you drink and drive! I wonder how many he arrested for doing the same thing?!
How many years did he get?
Not long enough. 1-7 how pathetic.

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#25 Dec 21, 2010
1-7 years, and if was in jail that will reduce his time and then if he has been a good boy (toy-get him bubba) then he will be released on good behavior. Lets see, I figure he'll sit in his cozy cell for 36 months, meanwhile the family of the victim will have to suffer you the rest of their lives!!
Just think of how the memories will flow back to the victims family when they see a NYS police car, its to bad. Wonder if he ever apologized to the family?

See, what goes around come around to this guy, who will root in hell for taking a life!!!

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#26 Dec 28, 2010
Some people on the Olean Topix forum commented about how the time frame wasn't properly followed and how members of the jury were anti drunk driving members and how poor David O'Brien wasn't given a honest trial and one person said they were a jury member on a drunk driving trial and tried to state the law but I think she was part of the trial as a person charged with DWI!
I posted the following:

First off this man killed an innocent women because of his actions.
Second, if the time table of a serious accident and or a judicial warrant is necessary if the suspect initially declined a test then it is mandatory that blood be taken, and yes if a warrant was issued at whatever time available thus this will circumvent the two hour rule.
Also, prior to seating a jury both the defense and prosecutor interview potential jurors asking them question (if you were a juror in a past case then you should know this) pertinent about their feelings, or involved in any organizations like MADD and or SADD and they have the right to dismiss the potential juror. So, defendant's attorney would of been very stupid to allow a member of a anti drinking driving on the jury. The facts were given, the defense attempted to get the charges dismissed and they lost, O'Brien was found guilty as charge!
Unfortunately, he'll probably be out of jail in three years while the victim's family has to suffer their loss for life! Wonder how the victim's family reacts when seeing, especially an NYSP, car and or officer in the future.
don t U B stupid

Buffalo, NY

#27 Jan 1, 2011
please dont be stupid wrote:
Some people on the Olean Topix forum commented about how the time frame wasn't properly followed and how members of the jury were anti drunk driving members and how poor David O'Brien wasn't given a honest trial and one person said they were a jury member on a drunk driving trial and tried to state the law but I think she was part of the trial as a person charged with DWI!
I posted the following:
First off this man killed an innocent women because of his actions.
Second, if the time table of a serious accident and or a judicial warrant is necessary if the suspect initially declined a test then it is mandatory that blood be taken, and yes if a warrant was issued at whatever time available thus this will circumvent the two hour rule.
Also, prior to seating a jury both the defense and prosecutor interview potential jurors asking them question (if you were a juror in a past case then you should know this) pertinent about their feelings, or involved in any organizations like MADD and or SADD and they have the right to dismiss the potential juror. So, defendant's attorney would of been very stupid to allow a member of a anti drinking driving on the jury. The facts were given, the defense attempted to get the charges dismissed and they lost, O'Brien was found guilty as charge!
Unfortunately, he'll probably be out of jail in three years while the victim's family has to suffer their loss for life! Wonder how the victim's family reacts when seeing, especially an NYSP, car and or officer in the future.
try this one on for size...judge Larry Himelein (the noted DWI 'Hanging Judge') dropped child rape charges against suspected child molester Ronald Scott, for NOT being arraigned in a TIMELY manor...so it is certainly precedented...
Wait

Buffalo, NY

#28 Jan 1, 2011
don t U B stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
try this one on for size...judge Larry Himelein (the noted DWI 'Hanging Judge') dropped child rape charges against suspected child molester Ronald Scott, for NOT being arraigned in a TIMELY manor...so it is certainly precedented...
He won't be out long-----they will try his Maggot as again!!---Word on that!!!

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#29 Jan 1, 2011
don t U B stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be wrong but they may not have released him from custody as the DA have a certain amount of time to refile the paperwork and then follow the proper protocol.

Also, it isn't the Judges fault by the DA's office, the Judge did not have any choice, when the alleged child molesters attorney filed papers for his release because the DA had not following the rules of the law, which are their for everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bear Mountain 50 min Dont buy it 7
Hottest Olean MILFs? 2 hr Drumpf 2
lawn mowing 13 hr gaurdian angel 10
Nobody likes Joe Talbott 22 hr Concerned Onlooker 6
Ron Ball for Governor 23 hr Ed m 7
Mexicans and Muslims and Gays, oh my 23 hr Dont 8
Why was the Mayor forum deleted? Fri Someone who knows 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allegany Mortgages