N.Y. legislators push gun safety meas...

N.Y. legislators push gun safety measures

There are 156 comments on the The Ithaca Journal story from Jan 6, 2013, titled N.Y. legislators push gun safety measures. In it, The Ithaca Journal reports that:

Several state senators say new gun safety measures will be a priority when they return to Albany this week following the school shooting in Connecticut that left 20 children dead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ithaca Journal.

sables

Dallas, TX

#21 Jan 10, 2013
De Opresssor Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, paranoid personalities like you shouldn't have access to a Daisy BB gun, let alone a hunting rifle.
What is it about those assault rifles that attracts the lunatic-fringe? Is it that they give you a sense of power that you don't really have in real life?
Why are you so afraid of other people and how they exercise their rights? How long have you been a paranoid loon?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#22 Jan 10, 2013
sables wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so afraid of other people and how they exercise their rights? How long have you been a paranoid loon?
I guess it all started when morons started buying assault weapons and wiping out entire graduating-classes of kids.

Yeah...around that time.
get a clue

Eden, NY

#23 Jan 10, 2013
...Morons like you are watching way too much Rosie O'Donnell...the worst mass murders in this country haven' even involved firearms...168 dead in Oklahoma City bombing, and thousands dead on 9-1-1, come to mind...these mass shootings have happened in other countries where guns are completely banned to the general public, England and Norway come to mind...
Ribzilla

Schenectady, NY

#24 Jan 10, 2013
get a clue wrote:
...Morons like you are watching way too much Rosie O'Donnell...the worst mass murders in this country haven' even involved firearms...168 dead in Oklahoma City bombing, and thousands dead on 9-1-1, come to mind...these mass shootings have happened in other countries where guns are completely banned to the general public, England and Norway come to mind...
So, we should let people own high-capacity assault weapons because 9/11 and Oklahoma City didn't involve guns?

Interesting logic. Should we let people carry poison gas canisters...because they weren't used on 9/11 or at Oklahoma City, either.

BTW...both Oklahoma City bombers were gun-nuts.
get a clue

Eden, NY

#25 Jan 10, 2013
...yeah, they were both registered democrats too, so what?...The point is genius, ban anything and everything you want to, but it won't stop a determined nutcase from murdering unarmed populace! Get a clue
Ribzilla

Schenectady, NY

#26 Jan 10, 2013
get a clue wrote:
...yeah, they were both registered democrats too, so what?...The point is genius, ban anything and everything you want to, but it won't stop a determined nutcase from murdering unarmed populace! Get a clue
What if it stops just one not-so-determined nutcase from commtting a horrible crime? What if it keeps just one lunatic from getting their hands on an assault weapon. What if it saves just one little kid's life?

Or, are you so incredibly selfish that you're not willing to give up your toys for that?
get a clue

Eden, NY

#27 Jan 10, 2013
You are something, the only common denominator with more gun control is higher crime rate. Since 1934, No legally owned full-auto has ever been used in a violent crime by a private citizen! Less than one tenth of one percent of semi-auto rifles have ever been used in any crime! Private citizens use firearms over one million times a year to thwart criminal attack, usually without a shot being fired! Quit watching Rosie O'Donnell and inform yourself before advocating emotional knee jerk reaction, that will only cause more violence!
Ribzilla

Schenectady, NY

#28 Jan 10, 2013
you asked 4 it wrote:
and don't forget the Gov. and Biden's ammo bans...'anyone with more than 5 rounds of ammo in their possession, will be guilty of a felony'
LMAO...and in which gun-nut forum did you read this?

You people are priceless.

PS: I heard that Biden wants you castrated if you get caught with a copy of Guns and Ammo...and that HAS to be true,'cause I read it on the Internet.
Ribzilla

Schenectady, NY

#29 Jan 10, 2013
get a clue wrote:
You are something, the only common denominator with more gun control is higher crime rate. Since 1934, No legally owned full-auto has ever been used in a violent crime by a private citizen! Less than one tenth of one percent of semi-auto rifles have ever been used in any crime! Private citizens use firearms over one million times a year to thwart criminal attack, usually without a shot being fired! Quit watching Rosie O'Donnell and inform yourself before advocating emotional knee jerk reaction, that will only cause more violence!
No $hit "legally owned" full autos aren't used in crimes... they're highly regulated, so that shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Of course, PLENTY of legally-owned semi-autos have been used in violent crimes. Now, plenty of stolen semi-autos are used in crimes, too. The thing is, if those assault weapons weren't "out there", they couldn't be stolen, and couldn't be used in crimes...get it?

If - as you claim - so many of these guns have thwarted crimes without a shot needing to be fired, why do you need a clip with 30+ rounds?

I'm sorry, but you and I both know that your argument simply doesn't hold water. We both know that the ONLY reason for you to own an assault weapon is that you get off on it.
get a clue

Eden, NY

#30 Jan 10, 2013
...sooo, if less than one tenth of one percent of semi-auto rifles are ever used in any crime.....ahh why would we ban them????
get a clue

Eden, NY

#31 Jan 11, 2013
Ahh, OK, the Governor and V.P. are on record, stating they will implement ammo bans, knowing these two anti-gun Bozo's, what is your honest interpretation of that?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#32 Jan 11, 2013
get a clue wrote:
...sooo, if less than one tenth of one percent of semi-auto rifles are ever used in any crime.....ahh why would we ban them????
Because one of those "less than one tenth of one percent" includes 20 kindergartners.

Get it?
Gun Control Myths

Eden, NY

#33 Jan 11, 2013
The gun banners would have you believe that school shootings and mass murders only happen in the U.S., WRONG! AS USUAL.
Hungerford England, 1987, 16 killed 15 wounded...
Dunblane Scottland, 1996, 16 school children 1 adult killed...
Cumbria England, 2010, 12 killed 11 wounded...
Oslo & Utoya Norway 2011, 75 killed 242 wounded...
Mekenskaya Russia, 1999, 41 killed...
Yinshanpai China 2009, 13 killed...
These are just a sample of the many mass shootings that have happened in countries where guns have been completely banned to the general public for many decades!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34 Jan 11, 2013
Gun Control Myths wrote:
The gun banners would have you believe that school shootings and mass murders only happen in the U.S., WRONG! AS USUAL.
Hungerford England, 1987, 16 killed 15 wounded...
Dunblane Scottland, 1996, 16 school children 1 adult killed...
Cumbria England, 2010, 12 killed 11 wounded...
Oslo & Utoya Norway 2011, 75 killed 242 wounded...
Mekenskaya Russia, 1999, 41 killed...
Yinshanpai China 2009, 13 killed...
These are just a sample of the many mass shootings that have happened in countries where guns have been completely banned to the general public for many decades!
Nobody is saying that, at all.

What we're saying is that we would like to make it more difficult for people to commit mass-shootings, and all we're asking is that you give up your pretend-soldier toys.

Nobody is asking you to give up hunting rifles or handguns. We're asking for a ban on large clips.

If you're not willing to give up that one thing to possibly save lives, you truth are ignorant, selfish, childish people.

Grow up and stop playing soldier.
Gun Control Myths

Eden, NY

#35 Jan 11, 2013
Sooo,dingleberry, right in front of you is proof that these horrble shootings have happened in other countries, where all guns have been totally banned to average citizens for many decades...so how is another ban in this country going to prevent such atrosities from happening???
Gun Control Myths

Eden, NY

#36 Jan 11, 2013
and dingleberry, according to the founding fathers, "it is your right, nay, your DUTY, to be at ALL TIMES ARMED, to defend the Constitution against all forms of tyrany, both foreign and domestic"... So it seems that it was the founding fathers intentions, for all of us to 'play soldier'
hush hush

Eden, NY

#37 Jan 11, 2013
evidence is slowly coming forward that the perp at sandy-hook school, although had a semi-auto rifle, may have left it in the car, and used 2 handguns during the massacre...of course the gun banners would not like this to be known, until they have passed their rifle ban...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#38 Jan 11, 2013
Gun Control Myths wrote:
Sooo,dingleberry, right in front of you is proof that these horrble shootings have happened in other countries, where all guns have been totally banned to average citizens for many decades...so how is another ban in this country going to prevent such atrosities from happening???
The real question is: How many MORE shootings would there be in those countries if they DID allow citizens to own assault weapons.

Use your head.
hmmm

Eden, NY

#39 Jan 11, 2013
facts show probably less, if you do the math, at least 3 incidents, that we know of, in England with no guns... compared to the incidents in the U.S., with 300 million guns. Ahhh, it looks like England has an epidemic. Although, the places where it's happened here are always 'gun free' areas, like England.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#40 Jan 11, 2013
hmmm wrote:
facts show probably less, if you do the math, at least 3 incidents, that we know of, in England with no guns... compared to the incidents in the U.S., with 300 million guns. Ahhh, it looks like England has an epidemic. Although, the places where it's happened here are always 'gun free' areas, like England.
The facts? What facts?

You would have to be an idiot to conclude that a country with tight gun control would have less mass-shooting with relaxed or no gun control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You All Are Pathetic ! 55 min duh 18
Biggest ho's in Salamanca 2 hr Concerned Onlooker 2
veronica willet 6 hr freak 7
Lee Jimerson 11 hr hmmm 4
Lee Jimerson from cattaurgus reservation 19 hr duh 2
Samantha clarke 20 hr crackhead 38
sni marshalls 21 hr Fake ass 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allegany Mortgages