Carol Fitzmaurice, murdered in Allega...
zoey

Lakeland, FL

#2998 Jun 28, 2012
Carol worked for Dr. Jack Williams DDS when she was murdered. There was a period of 1hr and 45min her husband could not account for. No one will ever know for sure who killed her. My information comes from a trooper who is retired and still living in allegany .
I knew the home well as it was my grandmothers home and it was removed from Homer Hill to its present location. As for Jack,he was a close friend of mine and saw Carol working in his office many times.
squeedums

Olean, NY

#2999 Jul 12, 2012
What wrote:
Lets keep this post going.. Hopefully someone will remember something. Does anyone know Carols Maiden name or if she was even from allegany?
Was Dan buried with his wife?
Her brother is Mike Manzo who lives on Godfrey Hollow and is a terrific person. Just lost his folks but has a lovely wife and grown daughter. Must have been Manzo. I graduated in '73 and hardly remember her but Mike was a close friend, still is.
what

Wellsville, NY

#3000 Aug 8, 2012
zoey wrote:
Carol worked for Dr. Jack Williams DDS when she was murdered. There was a period of 1hr and 45min her husband could not account for. No one will ever know for sure who killed her. My information comes from a trooper who is retired and still living in allegany .
I knew the home well as it was my grandmothers home and it was removed from Homer Hill to its present location. As for Jack,he was a close friend of mine and saw Carol working in his office many times.
What.....? She in fact did not work for Dr Webster?
what

Wellsville, NY

#3001 Aug 8, 2012
I see Ervays mentioned again, did anyone delve further into Ervay or Butchello? I havent been on in awhile.
zoey

Lakeland, FL

#3002 Aug 8, 2012
Carol may have worked for Dr. Webster at sometime. But at the time of her death she worked for Dr. Williams. The troopers questioned me about their relationship. She was not involved with the Dr. except on a professional level. So Dr. Williams was not a suspect.
sjervay3165

Olean, NY

#3003 Aug 13, 2012
what wrote:
I see Ervays mentioned again, did anyone delve further into Ervay or Butchello? I havent been on in awhile.
Once again and for the last time Leave the Ervay
's out of this crap...We had nothing to do with this horrific crime
What

Wellsville, NY

#3004 Aug 15, 2012
sjervay3165 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again and for the last time Leave the Ervay
's out of this crap...We had nothing to do with this horrific crime
Sorry, I cant imagine going through what your family did over accusations.
I never heard of anyone from your family being a suspect until this forum. I do not personally think you or anyone from your family was involved. I always assumed some one mentioned your name to divert attention from the sports car owned by Colley or Butchello that was sold in the early 80s or even maybe a state worker or someone in the family of the doctor she worked for. Knowing now that we have previously were researching the wrong Dr is somewhat disappointing...however helpful.
The sports car sold by those guys was actually sold to a Morgan living on the same road as Carols parents, but it was sold to him in 80-81 I think.
zoey

Lakeland, FL

#3005 Aug 15, 2012
Whats this about a sports car? What does that have to do with Carol's murder?
what

Wellsville, NY

#3006 Aug 17, 2012
zoey wrote:
Whats this about a sports car? What does that have to do with Carol's murder?
Must be a lot of new info on this forum, when I was reading ppl were looking into the supposed red sports car seen near Carols that day.
There were a couple of similar cars in the area around that time. At least one of them was painted and garaged for a few years and then resold in the early 80s.
What

Wellsville, NY

#3007 Aug 20, 2012
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
You call 2 a lot?
Interesting Paul considering you would know there is many more than 2.
zoey

Lakeland, FL

#3008 Aug 20, 2012
What ever happened to Mathias Hefty? I remember he was a person of interest.
Paul

Buffalo, NY

#3009 Aug 20, 2012
zoey wrote:
What ever happened to Mathias Hefty? I remember he was a person of interest.
He passed away a couple of years ago.
Paul

Buffalo, NY

#3010 Aug 20, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting Paul considering you would know there is many more than 2.
3 that I know of.
bwaxel

Hilton Head Island, SC

#3011 Sep 28, 2012
amigobirdy wrote:
I just emailed the Allegany Police Dept. to ask if they have any information about this case. I couldn't find an email contact for the Sheriff for Cattaraugus County.
Maybe one of the local libraries has newspaper archvies for searching about this case.
I know that my long lost friend that lives in Colorado will know something about this case. If I remember correctly; Carol Fitzmaurice was buried in the Catholic cemtery outside of Allegany. I think the cops even staked out her grave checking to see if the killer would visit her grave.
She is buried in St. Bonas cemetary. Her Husband Dan was killed in motorcycle crash about 2 years later. Drunk, speeding down rock City hill. Was highly rumored old Dr. Webster killed her as he commited suicide shortly after the fact.
Kit

Livonia, NY

#3012 Feb 4, 2013
Janey wrote:
<quoted text>
that was in Brocton, ny, town of Portland. March 27, 78
I grew up across the road from the "Castle" and was just a kid when the body of Beth Ann Brown was discovered. I have always wondered what happend. I remember the police questioning my parents, asking if our dog was acting funny, etc. From what I remember, some neighbor boys discoverd the body in a wooded area between their house and the "Castle." The body was nude and had been badly abused with sticks and likely a knife.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#3013 Feb 5, 2013
Hi Kit,
Beth Anns case is a very sad cold case. We have so many here in Chaut Co. Beth Ann's brother was doing his own investigation and when he passed away so did any hope of solving her murder. There was a rumor that a cop was involved. Did you ever hear that rumor?
Bump

Wellsville, NY

#3014 May 26, 2013
Moving up for Carol.
pococorky

Brooklyn, NY

#3015 May 28, 2013
I was living in Portville at the time and working in downtown Olean. I took a couple days off work to go hunting and ended up in Allegany, had a good day missing rabbits, so I went back the next day to hunt the same spot. Was curious as to all the police cars around this one house and police were walking hand in hand in a straight line as if to be searching for something. That night I read in the paoer of the horrible murder there. I have searched my mind over and over again if I had seen anything the first day I was there, but could not even remember passing the house. I would have been only a short distance from the scene when it happened. It has haunted me all these years that I could have possible done something to help.
Janey

Fredonia, NY

#3016 Oct 27, 2013
Bumping up, another sad anniversary has come and gone, 43 years now
Smokie Joe

Wilson, NY

#3017 Oct 30, 2013
All I can tell you about Carol Fitzmorris is that her husband did not do it. I know this because the Trooper that was first to respond to the call was a good friend of mine. He interviewed Danny. I can also tell you that the murder is still being investigated and will continue to be until it is solved . I have discussed this with some of the investigators and I do believe that they do have some leads that they follow up on. They always get new leads that they check out and some old ones too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Geda 1 hr Leah 6
Drug bust 11 hr Native ... 20
House inspection 12 hr Killbucker 1
M. Taylor 16 hr KillaK 50
Alice In Transgenderland 18 hr Doc 2
Why are there no Salamanca Alumni parties?? Fri egger 5
What is a white family moved to J'Town? (Dec '10) Fri Roasted 76

Allegany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance