ski resort double murder-1978
no one special

Alpharetta, GA

#7059 Feb 9, 2013
Was there an update in local paper this past week about 35 anniversary of this crime?
yadontsay

Portage, MI

#7060 Feb 10, 2013
Janey wrote:
Where is Matthew J Piscitelli now? He was in prison 79-82 and 84-87 for buglary in the 3rd degree. He was re-arrested in the early 2000s on 4 warrants, 2nd degree burglary, resisting arests and the others were family court issues. I can't find him on the inmate lists. Does anyone know anymore about him. He is a short guy but he has a similar look to the composites.
Thanks
I know this is an old article, but are you talking about a guy that works at MaChines in Salamanca? I know he is short and has been in jail for robbery! And his name is "Matt"
charmin

United States

#7061 Feb 11, 2013
no one special wrote:
Was there an update in local paper this past week about 35 anniversary of this crime?
you would think so since one of the OTH journalists worked at Wing back then...would love to hear his perspective...
Inquiring Mind

United States

#7062 Feb 12, 2013
Here's an interesting article. I'd be curious if NYS has adopted some of the protocols listed in Section 1.2, and Appendix B.

http://www.sheriffs.org/sites/default/files/u...
Inquiring Mind

United States

#7063 Feb 12, 2013
Here's another good read. Essentially, like mist things in life, it all comes down to the issues of finances and the squeaky wheel. I don't think Cattaraugus County has the money to work this case (and it's not a priority given 35 years now passing). If anyone, LE may only have an ear for families of the victims.

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/tec...
Inquiring Mind

United States

#7064 Feb 12, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
The reservation starts West of the Vandalia Bridge. There are some Senecas that do live in the area.
I'm not so sure about this, and don't know if it makes a difference, but look at the map on this link. The reservation is highlighted in gray. On the right side of map is the 9 mile. It appears the bridge is in the reservation if you simply follow the road south towards the river. You can switch between a "map" view and "satellite" view by clicking where indicated at the top right of map.

http://www.mapquest.com/embed...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7065 Feb 13, 2013
charmin wrote:
<quoted text> you would think so since one of the OTH journalists worked at Wing back then...would love to hear his perspective...
Who is the journalist at OTH that worked at Wing in 1978?
charmin

Boston, MA

#7066 Feb 13, 2013
Thykol wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the journalist at OTH that worked at Wing in 1978?
was one of your co-workers George N.? I may be off ..give or take a winter!
jalter

Olean, NY

#7067 Feb 13, 2013
Can i ask if anyone has been up there recently? Is it still standing and who owns the property now?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7068 Feb 14, 2013
charmin wrote:
<quoted text>was one of your co-workers George N.? I may be off ..give or take a winter!
I dont know who George N is.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7069 Feb 14, 2013
Thykol wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know who George N is.
He worked night shift at the top of the baby tee in 1977. One of the busy nights that several schools were there he made a bad decision to shut the baby tee down and take a ten minute break with no one to replace him. That was his last night.
Evil Lars

South Weymouth, MA

#7070 Feb 15, 2013
Insider78 wrote:
<quoted text>He worked night shift at the top of the baby tee in 1977. One of the busy nights that several schools were there he made a bad decision to shut the baby tee down and take a ten minute break with no one to replace him. That was his last night.
Sounds like a real topnotch employee, this George.
Inquiring Mind

United States

#7071 Feb 15, 2013
Insider78 wrote:
<quoted text>He worked night shift at the top of the baby tee in 1977.
Do you mean sometime January through March of 1977, or October through December of '77?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7072 Feb 15, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean sometime January through March of 1977, or October through December of '77?
October through December 1977 and as I remember he was done before December.
Inquiring Mind

Tucker, GA

#7073 Feb 23, 2013
Paul wrote:
OK....It was an inside job. Vince was in on it. He called the moves. He gave info to the perps as to where and when. This is MOO (my own opinion). Feel free to coment.
Paul, I keep coming back to this entry of yours. I like it because it's simple. I've got 2 questions though. First, how does the janitor's absence play into plan? And, second, do you think Vince had some assistance in pushing the spotlight away from him?
Inquiring Mind

United States

#7074 Mar 6, 2013
tessie wrote:
I WANT THIS SOLVED!!! I can only do so much and I have tried, not with full effort but with as much as I can give, and still have a family and a job and live life. There are SO MANY theories and opinions but NO ONE WILL COME FORWARD WITH FACTS!!!! THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THAT ANYTHING CAN BE DONE! theories can be thrown around all you want but no one has the time, energy of resources to follow up on theories. It is after all a 33 yr old case that many would like to just forget. I work to make it not forgotten- rather that Michael is not forgotten. I welcome any and all info- but my hope is that all this talk will lead someone to action with CONCRETE information. I believe that discussion can bring action sooooooo IDK I will answer any question you
have! Thank you to all who have sincerely and
honestly tried to help. PLEASE DON'T STOP!!!! PLEASE But be brave and DO WHAT IS RIGHT!
Tessie, the above is from late May, 2011. Have you approached newspapers, radio and TV, CrimeStoppers organization, etc. since then? This case needs a bigger audience other than this site's limited readership, and that's only going to come about by actively involving other media outlets.
Paul

Buffalo, NY

#7075 Mar 6, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul, I keep coming back to this entry of yours. I like it because it's simple. I've got 2 questions though. First, how does the janitor's absence play into plan? And, second, do you think Vince had some assistance in pushing the spotlight away from him?
The janitor could just be a coincedence, or he could have been told to stay away. As for the spotlight on Vince...Money talks. Again, This is only an opinion.
Inquiring Mind

United States

#7076 Mar 6, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
The janitor could just be a coincedence, or he could have been told to stay away. As for the spotlight on Vince...Money talks. Again, This is only an opinion.
I don't like coincidences. And, I share your opinion. But it doesn't take just money -- it takes someone with the chutzpah to suggest to someone to take the money and focus their attention elsewhere.
pickle_tkl

United States

#7077 Mar 7, 2013
There is info all over the net. Ski wing murders, allegany, NY.
And the case never closed - it is still unsolved.
gwenny wrote:
me either, have looked everywhere, if the case has been reopened, you may think there would be some information.
I am intrigued....
wonderer

Olean, NY

#7078 Mar 7, 2013
Who was vince and what was his last name? Im very intrigued about cold cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swingers Camping at Riverhurst 3 hr Horny716Dude 2
Lincoln Ave Hillarity 3 hr Sponge Bob 23
New Indian VFD for white people 3 hr Sponge Bob 23
Danielle at 7-11 22 hr JustChecking 1
Pedowood Sat Concerned Onlooker 5
Absentee votes for School Board? Fri Creepy 8
Is Phil Moyer back in town??? Fri blah blah blah 11

Allegany Jobs

Personal Finance

Allegany Mortgages