2 charged in 1993 murder

Two men were arraigned Wednesday for the 1993 murder of a Laketown Township man. Full Story
First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Proud

Plainwell, MI

#1 Jun 18, 2008
Good Job guys!!!!! 1st arrest for the Cold Case team!!!! Im sure many more to come.
Amy Jo

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2008
Great job guys! Never give up, Never!
We know Craig Plugger very well, he is a dear friend, and we want to thank you very much, this is one of the best days for him I'm sure. Thanks! Love you Plugger!
Jav & Amy Jo
jackie

United States

#3 Jun 18, 2008
does anyone know if fredrick is the son of fred and shirley mccormick of saugatuck? congrats to a great job by the cold case team...
wondering

Holland, MI

#4 Jun 18, 2008
jackie wrote:
does anyone know if fredrick is the son of fred and shirley mccormick of saugatuck? congrats to a great job by the cold case team...
yes he is. And I hope he gets everything he has coming to him. He's slime.
lost soul

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2008
i was at there home in the 70's when the boys were real young, the way the parents allowed them to freely use drugs was a crime, even back then you could see this coming
Christal

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2008
I'm thankful the family will have some closure. They will never have Kevin back, but will at least be able to rest knowing that the two men responsible will be where they deserve to be. I only wish MI had the death penalty.
Bless you R, D, J, C, A and H.

Christal
Todd

Kalamazoo, MI

#7 Jun 25, 2008
Thank god they finialy found who did this. I knew Kevin from school and was a childhood freind. I hope they throw the book at them. My prayers and thoughts go out to the Plugger faimly
DetectiveTruth

Coldwater, MI

#8 Jun 27, 2008
It never ceases to amaze me how careless the media can be at times. They have these two men tried and convicted already without due process of law. What amazes me even further is how cold, cruel, judgemental, and convicting indivuals can be without even knowing the full story or the players of the story. You want the truth--here it is. Kevin Pluger was a drug dealer--got it? A drug dealer. He had been selling illegal drugs for years---and if you attended Holland High School in the early to mid 1980's, you would be totally aware of the fact that Kevin AND Craig Pluger were the go-to guys if you wanted drugs. BUT regardless of his lifestyle, he did not deserve to have his life taken from him. Did Randy Czerkies have anything to do with his murder? Absolutley not. Randy was a victim of poor timing and circumstance and was sadly---at the wrong place at the wrong time. Randy was not the one who pulled the trigger. That I know for sure. He would not have killed his brother--it wasn't in him to do something like that. Fred McCormick? A slimey con and liar who has every reason to lie and blame someone other than himself. HE was there and knows what really happened. What about the others who where there at the time of the murder? Where are they in this story? I know of someone that knows what this whole thing was all about and what really happened. He hasn't been called as a witness---and probably never will be. Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe--just maybe the police have the wrong theory??? Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps Kevin Pluger stole the drugs from his supplier, and that his supplier is the one that had him killed, and that maybe that is why people have been afraid to talk all of these years? I am not saying this is what happended, I am just throwing it out as another logical theory. So why are the police pressuring people to testify against Randy Czerkies? Its simple. Allegan County has to "keep up with the Jones's" after Holland recently solved the Janet Chandler case. They now feel obligated to sove their own Cold Case. They want their 15 minutes of fame, and just want a conviction---regardless of guilt or innocense. Police officials are no strangers to changing the evidence, or miraclously producing new evidence to support their "theory" of how a crime occured. I believe that is what is happening here. Can I prove this? Nope--it's just a theory. I remember something so vividly from 15 years ago, and that is the media coverage of Randy Czerkie's arrest ---he walked with his head held high. I remember thinking that that was not the action of a guilty man. Sure enough, a few days later charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. I have personally weighed the evidence and I believe that there is insufficient evidence to convict Randy Czerkies. I find him Not Guilty due to a reasonable doubt. The jury is still out on Fred McCormick.
FINALLY

Middleville, MI

#9 Jul 2, 2008
Detective Truth in Coldwater:
Thank you for that!!!!!!!!!!
You are absolutely accurate when you stated how our society has already "convicted" Randy Czerkies, simply because they need closure. How unfair and UNAMERICAN. I am sickened by the media and the incredibly judgemental comments. I also agree with what you've said in regards to "supporting their theory". Sadly, people will believe what they choose to believe regardless of evidence or rather lack of evidence.
FINALLY

Middleville, MI

#10 Jul 2, 2008
Todd wrote:
Thank god they finialy found who did this. I knew Kevin from school and was a childhood freind. I hope they throw the book at them. My prayers and thoughts go out to the Plugger faimly
NICE--real nice! You have reviewed the evidence?????????? Were you there??? you already have the 2 men convicted.
BEN

United States

#11 Jul 10, 2008
"FINALLY AND DETECTIVE", Get your heads out of your *** you guys are probably some low life scum just like the accused, you claim to know all this shit but no balls to come forward, hopefully all four of you will rot in hell....
DetectiveTruth

Coldwater, MI

#12 Jul 10, 2008
My, my Ben--- you reveal such anger and hatefulness. Why do you choose such unflattering words and accusations? I feel sorry for you, truely I do.

FYI--I am a college educated professional that chose never to become involved with drugs--illegal or otherwise-- and purposely chose to become a productive and well respected member of society. I have never been a member of the darker side of society, and I certainly don't have a rap sheet. However, that doen't mean I don't know about that of which I speak.

Did it ever occur to you that it isn't courage (or "balls" as you so eloquently put it) that keeps people from speaking the truth, but rather the safety of our families???

Ben, please do get a grip, and get all the facts before you run your mouth and disrespect other posters. Next time, try to use words and phrases that flatter your personality and give the appearance and impression that you are at least halfway intelligent and respectful.
brandon

Bay City, MI

#13 Jul 11, 2008
who ever you are you are a very good man and see the facts as they are and tell it how it is all these people are going on the word of a scum bag con fred Mccromick
i just wanted to say thank you for you words of knolegde to these people who are very misled
DetectiveTruth wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how careless the media can be at times. They have these two men tried and convicted already without due process of law. What amazes me even further is how cold, cruel, judgemental, and convicting indivuals can be without even knowing the full story or the players of the story. You want the truth--here it is. Kevin Pluger was a drug dealer--got it? A drug dealer. He had been selling illegal drugs for years---and if you attended Holland High School in the early to mid 1980's, you would be totally aware of the fact that Kevin AND Craig Pluger were the go-to guys if you wanted drugs. BUT regardless of his lifestyle, he did not deserve to have his life taken from him. Did Randy Czerkies have anything to do with his murder? Absolutley not. Randy was a victim of poor timing and circumstance and was sadly---at the wrong place at the wrong time. Randy was not the one who pulled the trigger. That I know for sure. He would not have killed his brother--it wasn't in him to do something like that. Fred McCormick? A slimey con and liar who has every reason to lie and blame someone other than himself. HE was there and knows what really happened. What about the others who where there at the time of the murder? Where are they in this story? I know of someone that knows what this whole thing was all about and what really happened. He hasn't been called as a witness---and probably never will be. Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe--just maybe the police have the wrong theory??? Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps Kevin Pluger stole the drugs from his supplier, and that his supplier is the one that had him killed, and that maybe that is why people have been afraid to talk all of these years? I am not saying this is what happended, I am just throwing it out as another logical theory. So why are the police pressuring people to testify against Randy Czerkies? Its simple. Allegan County has to "keep up with the Jones's" after Holland recently solved the Janet Chandler case. They now feel obligated to sove their own Cold Case. They want their 15 minutes of fame, and just want a conviction---regardless of guilt or innocense. Police officials are no strangers to changing the evidence, or miraclously producing new evidence to support their "theory" of how a crime occured. I believe that is what is happening here. Can I prove this? Nope--it's just a theory. I remember something so vividly from 15 years ago, and that is the media coverage of Randy Czerkie's arrest ---he walked with his head held high. I remember thinking that that was not the action of a guilty man. Sure enough, a few days later charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. I have personally weighed the evidence and I believe that there is insufficient evidence to convict Randy Czerkies. I find him Not Guilty due to a reasonable doubt. The jury is still out on Fred McCormick.
Batch 37 Pain is Good

United States

#14 Jul 11, 2008
Stupid white trash crackers.....
Reader

Greenville, MI

#15 Jul 11, 2008
DetectiveTruth wrote:
My, my Ben--- you reveal such anger and hatefulness. Why do you choose such unflattering words and accusations? I feel sorry for you, truely I do.
FYI--I am a college educated professional that chose never to become involved with drugs--illegal or otherwise-- and purposely chose to become a productive and well respected member of society. I have never been a member of the darker side of society, and I certainly don't have a rap sheet. However, that doen't mean I don't know about that of which I speak.
Did it ever occur to you that it isn't courage (or "balls" as you so eloquently put it) that keeps people from speaking the truth, but rather the safety of our families???
Ben, please do get a grip, and get all the facts before you run your mouth and disrespect other posters. Next time, try to use words and phrases that flatter your personality and give the appearance and impression that you are at least halfway intelligent and respectful.
Well I am also a well educated man, but sometimes eloquent, fancy words aren't necessary to describe this level of stupidity! With the amount of time that these detectives are putting into this...and many other cases, it is a disgusting show of disrespect for these law enforcement professionals to insinuate they were just "keeping up with the Joneses". If you have that little faith in our detectives, maybe you should take your education and theories and share them with someone who cares. To come on here and disrespect the detectives, the county and the victims family is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself. However, I get the impression that you have no shame!
DetectiveTruth

Coldwater, MI

#16 Jul 13, 2008
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am also a well educated man, but sometimes eloquent, fancy words aren't necessary to describe this level of stupidity! With the amount of time that these detectives are putting into this...and many other cases, it is a disgusting show of disrespect for these law enforcement professionals to insinuate they were just "keeping up with the Joneses". If you have that little faith in our detectives, maybe you should take your education and theories and share them with someone who cares. To come on here and disrespect the detectives, the county and the victims family is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself. However, I get the impression that you have no shame!
There is no shame in speaking truth.

You may not agree with what I say, however, I have every right to "come on here" and voice my opinion. I may not agree with your opinions, but I will defend to the death your right to speak them. So, just chill out. Okay?
DetectiveTruth

Coldwater, MI

#17 Jul 14, 2008
Let me again set the record straight: Kevin Pluger was neither a "good" nor "smart" guy as he is being protrayed. Good people and smart people don't become drug dealers. Let me reiterate for everybody--this guy was a DRUG DEALER. He had been selling illegal drugs on and off the campus of Holland High School for years. When no longer attending Holland High, he continued in this lifestyle. Kevin Pluger sold drugs to children, regardless of age or background. All he cared about was making an almighty buck and was an opportunist who had no regard for the health, safety, or well-being of the children in the Holland area. It was his choice of lifestyle that eventually led to his murder, and I am suppose to have sympathy for this creep? Give me a flipping break! He lived in the drug world, and he died in the drug world. This is what he chose.

Let's take this one step further, shall we? The guy was shot 3 times in the head and once in the chest. This was reported in the media 15 years ago when the murder occured. Clearly someone was sending out the message, "Don't ______ with me".
Sorry folks, it takes someone far greater, much more powerful than Randy Czerkies to pull off a stunt like that. Folks---Randy Czerkies was a little peon in he drug world and would no doubt take the fall for this crime to protect his family. Makes me wonder, if indeed he and his were family threatened in someway? If so, how many others have been threatened with harm if they speak the thruth about what really happened on that fateful day?

I have little regard for a drug-dealing family who in order to have "closure" would settle for anynoe's warm body sitting behind bars rather than to stand for truth and expose the real killer of their loved one. Could it be that they themselves have something to hide and are afraid that their own drug secrets and dealings will come to light?
Judgemental

United States

#18 Jul 14, 2008
I'm going to go ahead and agree with Detective Truth here. Not only is his argument the most convincing, but it seems that he is the only one that knows what's ACTUALLY going on here.

To Reader in Otsego: I am sure you are a "well educated man", really. I'm sure your mom and dad are proud. However, don't say you are a "well educated man" when you can't put a comma where it belongs. I'd love to go through your little post with a red pen.

That's besides the point though. Everyone has their opinion, some people are just better at expressing theirs--and I am going with Detective Truth.
justice

Wayne, MI

#19 Jul 15, 2008
well maybe just maybe and yes it does happen the the detective,or lawyer,or higher people are in on the drug part hmmmmmm ??? never know they can be bought off they get caught sometimes .the law can and is dirty they hide behide the badge .look at the web site BE HIND THE BLUE WALL.its sad
DetectiveTruth

Coldwater, MI

#20 Jul 16, 2008
justice wrote:
well maybe just maybe and yes it does happen the the detective,or lawyer,or higher people are in on the drug part hmmmmmm ??? never know they can be bought off they get caught sometimes .the law can and is dirty they hide behide the badge .look at the web site BE HIND THE BLUE WALL.its sad
This is no doubt an interesting thought and comment, however, I really don't think this is the case here. Granted, 15 years ago there were numerous rumors floating around the Holland area that the cops were covering for "dirty" cops that were someway involved in this "drug deal gone bad". Some made this speculation due to the fact that investigators were hesitant to climb the drug ladder to find the true killer of Kevin Pluger. I heard other rumors that said they were protecting one of their own that was undercover in this particular drug ring. Who really knows what the truth is.

Jump forward 15 years. There is a new Sheriff (Blaine Koops) in town, whom I knew of when he was with the Holland Police and he seems to be of good moral standing and reputation. In addition, the original investigator has sadly since passed away. Currently, there is a new investigative team that is multi-jurisdictional which in my opinion would be able to sniff out a cop who had acted inappropiately or illegally.

Simply stated, what is going on here is that the cops aren't thinking outside the box. They are sticking to an incorrect theory that was thrown together 15 years ago. They continue to believe the lies and accusations of a man who was later convicted of perjury in this crime; as well as embracing the lies, tales, and delusions of a lot of drugatics and small-time drug dealers.

When one steps back and looks at this entire case with an objective eye, it is hard to truely believe that Kevin Pluger was the real victim here. I believe that Randy Czerkies is the real victim---a victim of poor circumstance. This is indeed a great tragedy.

What this case needs is a HERO; someone to step up to the plate and fight for truth, and honor, and justice. This case needs an investigator with vision and integrity, someone who isn't compacent nor content to settle for just a warm body sitting behind bars; someone to step out of the box and find the REAL killer of Kevin Pluger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 16 hr Ann 126
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
World's tallest dog from Otsego dies at age 5 Sep 12 Go Blue Forever 1
Allegan fire official accused of embezzling fro... (Sep '06) Sep 4 phil 33
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
Letter: As Hospice House closes, those in need ... Jul '14 Tom2v 1
•••
•••
Allegan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Allegan Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Allegan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Allegan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Allegan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••