Nothing left after house explodes

Nothing left after house explodes

There are 13 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Jul 14, 2008, titled Nothing left after house explodes. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Firefighters battled a structure fire in Allegan County early Monday morning. It happened in the 5900 block of Baseline Road in Lee Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Grim Reality

Ann Arbor, MI

#1 Jul 14, 2008
Will be interesting to see if this is another case of breaking and entering for the theift of materials that can be sold as scrap, or someones attempt to get out of the burden of an overpriced mortage so that they too can escape the continuing downword spiral of michigans nightmare economy, or just a plain strange accident.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#2 Jul 14, 2008
Grim Reality wrote:
Will be interesting to see if this is another case of breaking and entering for the theift of materials that can be sold as scrap, or someones attempt to get out of the burden of an overpriced mortage so that they too can escape the continuing downword spiral of michigans nightmare economy, or just a plain strange accident.
Agree. I think it was copper wiring that was stolen from the other home that exploded, this is probably the same. Pathetic! People should hire house sitters when they go on vacation.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 14, 2008
Grim Reality wrote:
No breaking and entering. Wet Burriot with extra hot sauce.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 14, 2008
*Burrito

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#6 Jul 14, 2008
Wow! That's too bad for the owners. Although, I'll bet they are glad they were on vacation and not at home sleeping.

Someone was certainly watching over them.
SHINE

Holland, MI

#7 Jul 14, 2008
This was my friends house. No vacation, just dropping off mother in mississippi for the male and the female was over at our house!! She had just brought her dog over from the house. Thank the Lord no one was home. It is a bummer on how Grim, you are Grim Reality. Gas explosion is what it is looking like. Marti, be nicer.
Sad and Depressed

Allendale, MI

#8 Jul 14, 2008
I am the son of the owmer of the home. We lost everything and there is nothing left at all. And just to set the record straight we were in missippi dropping off my grandmother. If you want to send any sorrows or anything please e-mail me at [email protected]
pjdutchville

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2008
Thanks Kentwood Dave and Marti from Michigan for your astute comments. Make sure your homes don't explode when you're cookin' up your next batch of meth.....you twits.

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#10 Jul 14, 2008
Sad and Depressed wrote:
I am the son of the owmer of the home. We lost everything and there is nothing left at all. And just to set the record straight we were in missippi dropping off my grandmother. If you want to send any sorrows or anything please e-mail me at [email protected]
Gosh, I'm so sorry for what happened. If any of your family belong to the VFW or American Legion Posts, please contact them. They are always there for their brothers and sisters. Then, there is the obvious-American Red Cross.

I hope everything works out for you and your family.
kelsey

Flint, MI

#11 Jul 16, 2008
i saw that explosion it was pink and very large which makes me think it was not a normal house explosion good thing no one got hurt cause that was a monster best of wishes to the family
steve bach

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 19, 2008
I saw it too it shook the ground at the party i was attending, then a fireburst above the trees followed by bright pink orange glow,when i didnt hear sirens after 2 minutes i had to call 911 from my cellphone! I told them I was at 60th and baseline but we did not know if it was close or not. we were actually a couple of blocks away from that corner, I am glad nobody was home or around I figured so because there would have been a serious gas smell with an explotion that large.
jjann

South Haven, MI

#13 Dec 11, 2012
Grim Reality wrote:
Its funny cause its been over 4 years and people are coming forward with the truth. The sad thing is the poor child has no idea that his own father commited the crime. I'm sure the papers will start reading drug dealar hires crack head to blow his house up. One things for sure it was no accident and the owner of the home had another new home burned down just two years prior to this 2008 explosion. Come on what kind of idiot does it twice in a row and truly thinks hes going to get away with it. Time will tell
ned

Trenton, TN

#14 Dec 28, 2012
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clayton Apr 6 clayton 1
Searching for my sister Karen kaiser Feb '16 Larry Bradford 1
News Mary Whiteford 'honored' by GOP primary win, sa... Nov '15 ray 1
Dennis Bowman (Brenda Bowman-Wife) (Dec '13) Oct '15 Justice 4 Aundria... 11
News Allegan fire official accused of embezzling fro... (Sep '06) Jul '15 Phil 34
Review: Sweet Temptations (Jun '15) Jun '15 Lalala 1
News 3 Holland teens ordered to pay millions for Sau... (Nov '07) Jun '15 ian 129
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allegan Mortgages