Detectives describe case against supe...

Detectives describe case against supects in Troy Tyo murder

There are 45 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Dec 13, 2007, titled Detectives describe case against supects in Troy Tyo murder. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Allegan- Investigators say the suspects in 36 year old Troy Tyo's death may have started planning the murder at long before he was killed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
red

Holland, MI

#1 Dec 13, 2007
Seeing as how we will now be supporting these four selfish,sick people.I suggest we have them help the turtles cross the road in Muskegon,not carry them, but walk them across,and get the feeling of what it must be like to know that at any minute you could be DEAD!!!!!!
Unbelievable

Miami, FL

#2 Dec 13, 2007
Unbelievable that these ignorant idiots thought they could accomplish this and not get caught! Talk about stupid and to think little ole sweet "Winky" convinced them to do it, is beyond belief!

Wonder what her friend Brenda thinks about this turn of events, and thinks she is innocent?

Today is Troy's funeral, and prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends for this tragic loss of life.
Diane

Allegan, MI

#3 Dec 13, 2007
Thank you law enforcement for getting these horrendous criminals put behind bars. I now pray that your hard work and diligence is not in vain and the court system will convict and PERMANENTLY take these individuals out of society. No parole for good behavior and no chance of regaining parental custody as this is an extreme case of child abuse and torture.

“Hoping to see some good news”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#4 Dec 13, 2007
Those poor children have to live with not only the murder of their father, but that their own mother put it all together.

So sad. My heart and prayers go out to the Tyo girls and family. I also pray for "winky's" family as they have to deal with what she has done in the eyes of the community.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2007
Selfish and evil, disembowelment first then incinerator.
NotOnly

Miami, FL

#6 Dec 13, 2007
Not only did Winky want to get rid of Troy, but she also wanted to get rid of Kris. Probably thought he would do the dirty work and she would have an alibi volunteering at school that day.

Her plan was flawed from the beginning and may she rot in hell for it!
JO JO

Hudsonville, MI

#7 Dec 13, 2007
I've listened to kris's brother in law and his aunt talking about he didn't touch Tyo he only was there from the beginning helping to plan this terrible act of taking someone's life. Even driving him out and watching or knowing that he was going to set him on fire while in his truck. I do have sympathy for all of them however, they are all just as guilty as the dumb one who actually committed the murder. At any point thru out they could of tried to stop this in a number of different ways but none of them made any effort to do so instead the sister was trying to recruit others to dirty their hands too. To listen to brother in law trying to wash his hands now and his aunt trying to proclaim his innocence. She is just as ignorant as the rest of them for what they have done. I don't know any of these people except thru the news and my heart is sadden for Tyo who lost his life and never to see or be with those he loves and love him.
NotOnly

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 13, 2007
JO JO wrote:
I've listened to kris's brother in law and his aunt talking about he didn't touch Tyo he only was there from the beginning helping to plan this terrible act of taking someone's life. Even driving him out and watching or knowing that he was going to set him on fire while in his truck. I do have sympathy for all of them however, they are all just as guilty as the dumb one who actually committed the murder. At any point thru out they could of tried to stop this in a number of different ways but none of them made any effort to do so instead the sister was trying to recruit others to dirty their hands too. To listen to brother in law trying to wash his hands now and his aunt trying to proclaim his innocence. She is just as ignorant as the rest of them for what they have done. I don't know any of these people except thru the news and my heart is sadden for Tyo who lost his life and never to see or be with those he loves and love him.
There must be a bunch of stupid idiots in this family to think that just because only drove a truck that they aren't guilty.

Bottom line is a man was killed by Kris, but he had help in doing it. That makes them just as guilty.

The Aunt can say whatever she wants and believe whatever she wants but the facts are Troy is dead and they participated in!
Kim

Detroit, MI

#9 Dec 13, 2007
God I am just furious with these hicks. I would love to punish them myself perhaps like a firing squad and let them see each other die instead of paying for them to live and be fed.
My heart goes out to his family, children, wife, and friends who will miss him terribly.
Emm

United States

#10 Dec 13, 2007
Not from California - GR
How utterly sick!! I guess her little plan backfired now she will not have sole custody of those precious little girls, instead the poor inocent kids will have NO parents. How could she possibly think she could get away with this? I pray for comfort for Troy's real family and friends who truly love him.
Mary

United States

#11 Dec 13, 2007
How sad and these people who did this are absolutely sick! They should bring back the death penalty. Eye for an eye. Some people think that is inhumane, well what about this poor man that died as a result? That was inhumane!
Kathy

Little Rock, AR

#12 Dec 13, 2007
I only pray for the hurt that this whole thing will cause to go on in two little girls lives for the rest of their lives. I know too well how awful it is to feel that you had something to do with this happening and that is what a lot of children do in these cases. The reassurance that they are filled with love and protected from anymore hurt is actually not available to them. Everything is a temporary fix. What will they do when old enough to realize that their mom did this to their father.
Make Troy rest in peace even though his life was taken from him like this. May God Bless him in the heavens and place him under His wings.
My prayers go out to these two little girls that now have lost both of their parents.
Spaceman

Greenville, MI

#13 Dec 13, 2007
What you're all missing here is the fact that this wasn't really about custody. People really concerned about custody don't go around murdering people. It's more about control. Winky is a very controling and manipulative person. Troy had jumped through her hoops for years trying to please her, but it was never enough. Finally Troy had had enough - that's when she panicked - started her affair with Kris. She was very obvious about the affair - it was a jealousy ploy - but Troy wasn't biting after the bait. I don't believe she really loved Kris - it was more about sex and control than love. Then she tried to control Troy through the children, but Troy had found his backbone and decided to stand his ground. When control freaks loose at their own games they freak out and resort to desperate measures to try to get back on top. Kris is a sociopath. I don't care what anyone says - I've dealt with him at close range and he lacked most of the basic emotions exhibited by normal people. To kill in cold blood (non-defensive) - even if you've been brain-washed - you have to be sociopathic - not have a sense of empathy, guilt or compassion. When these two personalities came together it was nitro and glycerin - it was only a matter of time. If Winky couldn't have convince Kris to do her dirty work then she would've eventually done it herself. It's the classic 'If I can't have it than no can have it' scenario. It's the stuff that fictional books are made of only it was manifested in reality. Sadly, Troy had been casted in the victums role.
Amy1977

West Olive, MI

#14 Dec 19, 2007
These 4 people are the most selfish inconsiderate raging monsters I have ever heard of in my life. They don't deserve to be called Mr. and Mrs. They deserve no respect whatsoever. They ruined so many people's lives, and I don't think Dena was even thinking about her children, who adored their father. I work as a receptionist at the counseling office where Troy, Dena, and his two daughters were going every week, I seen the sparkle in Troy's eyes, and the girl's eyes when he finally got to take them home with him. He would of NEVER done anything to hurt those girls, but then again, he wasn't selfish and inconsiderate like Dena. I hope she stays in solitary confinment for life. Anything they give her, or let her do it just too much. She doesn't deserve to experience happiness EVER again!!!
just letting you know

AOL

#15 Dec 21, 2007
Amy1977 wrote:
These 4 people are the most selfish inconsiderate raging monsters I have ever heard of in my life. They don't deserve to be called Mr. and Mrs. They deserve no respect whatsoever. They ruined so many people's lives, and I don't think Dena was even thinking about her children, who adored their father. I work as a receptionist at the counseling office where Troy, Dena, and his two daughters were going every week, I seen the sparkle in Troy's eyes, and the girl's eyes when he finally got to take them home with him. He would of NEVER done anything to hurt those girls, but then again, he wasn't selfish and inconsiderate like Dena. I hope she stays in solitary confinment for life. Anything they give her, or let her do it just too much. She doesn't deserve to experience happiness EVER again!!!
Due to the I believe it is HIPA act you could get into big trouble for what you posted on here. You are not allowed to talk about any patient's especially using there names. I hope for your sake no one turn's you in

Since: Sep 07

United States

#16 Dec 21, 2007
just letting you know wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to the I believe it is HIPA act you could get into big trouble for what you posted on here. You are not allowed to talk about any patient's especially using there names. I hope for your sake no one turn's you in
She didn't reveal anything within patient records or any medical history.
just letting you know

AOL

#17 Dec 21, 2007
It doesn't matter you cannot even let it be known they were being seen.
Allegan Mom

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Dec 26, 2007
It's not just HIPA. Now every office/establishment has a privacy policy . Her posting breached that policy. She could lose her job.
Amy1977

West Olive, MI

#19 Dec 26, 2007
just letting you know wrote:
<quoted text>
#1, I don't work for the counsler, I work for a different company that is in the same building.#2, the whole town knew they were in counseling, many many people come in this buiding everyday, and there is no private waiting rooms.#3 if anyone wants to defend her so badly to try and get me fired, do what you gotta do. I didn't do anything wrong..when I was hired I was not told by anyone about the hippa law, again because I DON'T WORK FOR THE COUNSELING OFFICE, I am employed by a completly different employer, and am just in the same building as the counsler.
Oh come on

Dallas, TX

#20 Dec 26, 2007
Amy1977 wrote:
<quoted text>
#1, I don't work for the counsler, I work for a different company that is in the same building.#2, the whole town knew they were in counseling, many many people come in this buiding everyday, and there is no private waiting rooms.#3 if anyone wants to defend her so badly to try and get me fired, do what you gotta do. I didn't do anything wrong..when I was hired I was not told by anyone about the hippa law, again because I DON'T WORK FOR THE COUNSELING OFFICE, I am employed by a completly different employer, and am just in the same building as the counsler.
Nice to see everyone focused on the subject at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 200 teens involved in nightclub disturbance (Mar '08) Nov '16 Jon 61
Dennis Bowman (Brenda Bowman-Wife) (Dec '13) Oct '16 booner 13
Clayton (Apr '16) Apr '16 clayton 1
Searching for my sister Karen kaiser (Feb '16) Feb '16 Larry Bradford 1
News Mary Whiteford 'honored' by GOP primary win, sa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ray 1
News Allegan fire official accused of embezzling fro... (Sep '06) Jul '15 Phil 34
Review: Sweet Temptations (Jun '15) Jun '15 Lalala 1

Allegan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allegan Mortgages