Michael Cullen

Hudsonville, MI

#1 Mar 12, 2010
The only way that wind energy could be bad would be if they were allowed to put a wind generator right next to your house. Every time the blades turn it means that less mercury, carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases enter the air. I have no sympathy for people who just don't want to see them. You can't see the pollutants in the air but we are all breathing them every day, like it or not.
Wind energy is now as inexpensive as coal power despite the high cost of the towers. Anyone who is against wind energy should go visit one the existing wind farms in this state. I did and I could barely hear the blades at all from about 500 feet away. There was only a slight "whoosing" sound. As long as there is a reasonable setback from the tower I don't see how anyone would be bothered by this. The truck traffic on 30th. Street near my house is much louder than that and I live over 500 feet from the road. The blades are so geared down that they just aren't turning all that fast. Mike Cullen, Allegan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clayton Apr '16 clayton 1
Searching for my sister Karen kaiser (Feb '16) Feb '16 Larry Bradford 1
News Mary Whiteford 'honored' by GOP primary win, sa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ray 1
Dennis Bowman (Brenda Bowman-Wife) (Dec '13) Oct '15 Justice 4 Aundria... 11
News Allegan fire official accused of embezzling fro... (Sep '06) Jul '15 Phil 34
Review: Sweet Temptations (Jun '15) Jun '15 Lalala 1
News 3 Holland teens ordered to pay millions for Sau... (Nov '07) Jun '15 ian 129

Allegan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Allegan Mortgages