NM values clash with House GOP on immigration

Aug 27, 2013 Full story: Silver City Sun-News 11

As the national debate focused on establishing a common sense immigration process reaches a crossroads, it's interesting to consider the context of New Mexico and the population's perspectives on this highly salient issue.

Full Story
Brenda besson

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Its where you were born that makes you american.these people come up with any reason they can think of to try and stay.n.m. Is only 1 state.this story was.paid for by la raza.
Baby puncher

United States

#2 Aug 27, 2013
Or maybe, New Mexicans are simply more sophisticated and open-minded than their neighboring states.
Ron in AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Aug 27, 2013
I would like to know.Where is the back of the line?The back of the line is never there.There is always someone trying to come to the US the legal way.The back of the line starts in the country you are from I thought.What about all the ones that don't want to come out of the shadows?Will they be found and deported?What about the ones that came after 2011 (if that can be determined)do they get deported?What about all the ones caught after.Do they get deported?Do you think The criminals are going to come in to be checked out ? What will happen when family member aid and abed a criminal ?Will they get deported?This is a lot of guestions that needs to be asked and have answers for.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 28, 2013
Steve Pearce is not stupid. 60% of his voters are adult whites.

Only Hispanic American citizens of age can vote.

There are a lot of pissed off militia types in America. I would not want to go to war with 90 million gun owners just to register Democrats.
one

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Aug 28, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> .
racist to another (or talking to himself)
He represents

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Aug 28, 2013
stopracismagainst wrote:
Steve Pearce.
the regressive part of the state. An embarrassment to the rest of us.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#9 Aug 28, 2013
Baby puncher wrote:
Or maybe, New Mexicans are simply more sophisticated and open-minded than their neighboring states.
So it is sophisticated and open-minded to thumb one's nose at our immigration laws and reward those who break them? New Mexico is filled with Hispanics. That wouldn't have anything to do with their stance on this issue, now would it? Naw (insert rolling eyes here).
Baby puncher

United States

#10 Aug 29, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is sophisticated and open-minded to thumb one's nose at our immigration laws and reward those who break them? New Mexico is filled with Hispanics. That wouldn't have anything to do with their stance on this issue, now would it? Naw (insert rolling eyes here).
Through your ignorance of the point of the article, I thank you for proving my hypothesis.
Holla Isabella

New York, NY

#11 Aug 29, 2013
Baby puncher wrote:
<quoted text>
Through your ignorance of the point of the article, I thank you for proving my hypothesis.
I've been to Santa Fe and taos. The definition there of sophistication is a Birkenstocks wearing, two hundred pound, lesbian with twelve cats, a pottery store, a vw beetle, a two hundred and fifty pound girlfriend who reads mother Jones and shaves her legs once every never. Of course she loves we tbacks, they're even more worthless than she is.
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

#12 Aug 29, 2013
deport every last stinkin illegal sh itskin.
ronnie

Richmond, UT

#13 Aug 29, 2013
Ron in AZ wrote:
I would like to know.Where is the back of the line?The back of the line is never there.There is always someone trying to come to the US the legal way.The back of the line starts in the country you are from I thought.What about all the ones that don't want to come out of the shadows?Will they be found and deported?What about the ones that came after 2011 (if that can be determined)do they get deported?What about all the ones caught after.Do they get deported?Do you think The criminals are going to come in to be checked out ? What will happen when family member aid and abed a criminal ?Will they get deported?This is a lot of guestions that needs to be asked and have answers for.
Exactly!!! Trying to point this out on this forum for month's. They don't want to be found. They get to much charity and no accountability... They'll never change that. If we stopped the red carpet treatment, freebies, housing, EBT, ect. they'd leave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alister Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
K-BOB'S sees revenue jump, to expand locations (Jul '12) Dec 16 likeyoumeanit 40
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stumps for M... Nov '14 XandO 8
Balance of power in NM House could shift for fi... Nov '14 whack 1
whats the name Oct '14 San Jon 2
FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... Sep '14 RezDine 6
Out'n'about: Halloween events highlighted by 'R... (Nov '10) Nov '10 local artist 1
Coming soon: Pride events planned for June 26 t... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Frigid 4
Alister Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alister People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alister News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alister

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:55 pm PST

ESPN12:55PM
Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More