Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Deming Headlight

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that you do not live on your ranch? Who feeds your cattle, vaccinates your calfs, mends your fences?
Which ranch? The one near Clovis, the one near Tres Piedras or the one near Capitan? The one I talk about killing coyotes on is on the back side of Lincoln near Capitan. We have a ranch foreman who lives on the ranch with his family. I live in Alamogordo with my family. My spouse is a professional in the medical field here and I have a daughter who goes to college in Las Cruces. I have the best of both worlds now. My ranch hands have also been instructed to shoot coyotes. It won't be long before we have their population in check..
Free Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> The state of Meixco strives to be the top of the bottom on all negative ratings. I'll do my best to show liite how pathetic the mentality is 'over there'. I'll call PETA and the national news agencies first thing.
Your off to a bad start, IMNEVERWRONG, The state of Meixco doesn't exist.

If you meant the State of New Mexico, we do have our problems. Our main problem is having too many people living here who don't want to be and therefore, shouldn't be here. If you see that as an invitation to leave our great State, we can and will deal with your absence.

"Not being where you don't want to be!" is one of the first indicators of a free man.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Which ranch? The one near Clovis, the one near Tres Piedras or the one near Capitan? The one I talk about killing coyotes on is on the back side of Lincoln near Capitan. We have a ranch foreman who lives on the ranch with his family. I live in Alamogordo with my family. My spouse is a professional in the medical field here and I have a daughter who goes to college in Las Cruces. I have the best of both worlds now. My ranch hands have also been instructed to shoot coyotes. It won't be long before we have their population in check..
Our family has a ranch north of Las Vegas, but I did not inherit the ranching gene. Used to have an interest in a home in Alto, and loved it down there when they used to get rain and snow. Never cared much for Alamo.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our family has a ranch north of Las Vegas, but I did not inherit the ranching gene. Used to have an interest in a home in Alto, and loved it down there when they used to get rain and snow. Never cared much for Alamo.
I wish more people didn't care for Alamo and moved out of here..
IMNEVRWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Free Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your off to a bad start, IMNEVERWRONG, The state of Meixco doesn't exist.
If you meant the State of New Mexico, we do have our problems. Our main problem is having too many people living here who don't want to be and therefore, shouldn't be here. If you see that as an invitation to leave our great State, we can and will deal with your absence.
"Not being where you don't want to be!" is one of the first indicators of a free man.
If not Mexico, then how come so many Mexican restaurants? I'd never wouldn't want to live where people like to shoot just to see it die.
You can

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

IMNEVRWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> If not Mexico, then how come so many Mexican restaurants? I'd never wouldn't want to live where people like to shoot just to see it die.
always move your fat butt to Mexico..

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I wish more people didn't care for Alamo and moved out of here..
The Space Museum is pretty nice, I love visiting White Sands in the late fall, winter or early spring, and those green chile garlic pistachios at Eagle Creek Ranch are the best in the world. But why would you want to live in such a hot and dusty place, when the forested mountains are so close by?
Free Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Space Museum is pretty nice, I love visiting White Sands in the late fall, winter or early spring, and those green chile garlic pistachios at Eagle Creek Ranch are the best in the world. But why would you want to live in such a hot and dusty place, when the forested mountains are so close by?
I spend a lot of time in the Sacramento mountains and it is a big part of why I am here.

I don't want to encourage anyone to stay here. By any means, you should be, and need to be, there where you want to be. I want to be here because of the relatively warm climate, the view of the mountains, the proximity of the mountains, the many things to do, the history, proximity to Las Cruces, El Paso/Juarez, and the entire Tularosa basin.(The rest of the state isn't too shabby either.) New Mexico is multicultural with a variety of landscapes. There is the best Green Chile in the world and the Mexican music and the dancing. Then there are the good friends I've known since 1953.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/sharpshoo...

Sharp shooters to kill deer in Rock Creek Park in DC. Department of Agriculture with night vision goggles and scoped rifles to kill 60-70 deer in an area now cordoned off...that is what they call a "deer harvest." Guess it depends on who does it. Coyotes or Bambi.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ local/sharpshooting-plan-for-r ock-creek-park-spurs-more-prot ests/2013/03/29/9bc1b386-981e- 11e2-814b-063623d80a60_story.h tml?wprss=rss_local
Sharp shooters to kill deer in Rock Creek Park in DC. Department of Agriculture with night vision goggles and scoped rifles to kill 60-70 deer in an area now cordoned off...that is what they call a "deer harvest." Guess it depends on who does it. Coyotes or Bambi.
Or CARS! Cars kill more deer every year than hunters and coyotes. You should stop driving, hypocrite..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

thanks for being concrete and not reading the post.
What does this

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

mean? "Guess it depends on who does it. Coyotes or Bambi." Bambi is committing suicide? HA!
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Or CARS! Cars kill more deer every year than hunters and coyotes. You should stop driving, hypocrite..
Deer lovers get all upset when the NPS take steps to control over population. Some wannabes and delinquent juveniles holed up in their room for being bad would like to see the slaughter of coyotes. There is one on this post. A coyote is a natural predator, just like the trusty rattlesnake that controls the rodent population. There is a very big Rat in Alamorgordo the native snake needs to go after.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

The government can kill deer. They know how to balance the wildlife population. Good weekend to do it...Passover, Good Friday, Easter. And they are wearing US Department of Agriculture jackets. At least someone had a sense of irony.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Free Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

By any means, you should be, and need to be, there where you want to be.
Now that is some of the best advice I have seen on Topix in a while.

Business associate of mine was born and raised in Houston, and he thinks it's the best place on Earth. Married his High School sweetheart, has kids, sings in his church, likes to golf and fish, and has a very nice big boat. He and his wife show me a good time when I visit and we have had some fun cruising the Gulf in his boat. I just could not see myself living there.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

We took 5 coyotes yesterday. It took all day from sun up to sun down but we got our goal..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/tribe-shows-supp...

The feds can do it. Bambi and now Mister Ed is on the chopping block and up for grabs if the feds relent. Deer culling. Horse slaughter.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/t ribe-shows-support-for-horse-s laughter
The feds can do it. Bambi and now Mister Ed is on the chopping block and up for grabs if the feds relent. Deer culling. Horse slaughter.
Thanks for the post. This is great news..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

We love to employ the underemployed.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
We love to employ the underemployed.
Coyote pelts pay and it's a fun job also.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Alister Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Alister Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Alister People Search