Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Deming Headlight

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
as a

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
This bill was unconstitutional because it would have unlawfully discriminated against all the Elmer Fudd's in the state.
waskally wabbit I have mixed feelings.
Trapper

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I don't do coyote contests, However I do hunt and trap them during the fur season, and for ranchers with coyote problems all year. I also take friends and family with me sometimes. I am glad the contests didn't get banned all sportsmen need to stick together so the bunnyhumpintreelovers don't ruin this great State
nope

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Trapper wrote:
the killing contests give those who practice legitimate, targeted predator control a bad name and make our state look like backwards gooberville. By supporting them you are sleeping with the pigs and shooting yourself in the foot.
They

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Dorky wrote:
<quoted text>So if a male coyote looks around and sees a lot of coyotes, especially female coyotes who are in heat he says to himself, hmmmmmm, I better not get me some of that their good coyote stuff because there are enough of us already so I won't breed that little thing right there? Do YOU ever sit back and think about what you post. That is one of the dumbest things you have ever posted..
are smarter than you.

Coyote’s use their home ranges to meet their daily needs, and they may overlap with the home ranges of neighboring coyotes. However coyotes territories, which are part of their home range, are defended and do not overlap.
The size of a coyote pack’s home range and territory is dependent on food availability. Generally, in rural areas they are larger in size, and in more urban areas they are smaller in size. In comparison, a solitary coyote can have a very large home range.
Under stable conditions, female coyotes often do not give birth until their fourth year, and by the time they are six, they will tend to be less fertile. In late January mid February, only the alpha female mates with the alpha male. She is fertile for a short period of time once a year for about three weeks, and gives birth to her pups in April or May after a 60-63 day gestation period.
Under stable conditions, a coyote pack will maintain their territory and not permit other coyotes to enter. In this setting the alpha female will tend to have around three to six pups that are fed from food available only from their territory. Only 30% of the pups will survive to their first year, many dying from starvation, disease, and predation by terrestrial and avian predators.
When coyotes are heavily exploited by humans, the stable pack disintegrates, as well as their territorial defense. In this situation, often young coyotes that are only yearlings will have pups.
Coyote packs are very sensitive to the disruption of their close social relationships. When an alpha female or male is killed by humans, the pack may break up and disperse, or temporarily go into a chaotic state. As a result, the young, inexperienced members of the pack who are not adept at hunting as yet may starve to death or come into conflict with humans in their search for food.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

nope wrote:
<quoted text>
the killing contests give those who practice legitimate, targeted predator control a bad name and make our state look like backwards gooberville. By supporting them you are sleeping with the pigs and shooting yourself in the foot.
I can't believe I'm saying this.....I agree with you.....
Well

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I'm saying this.....I agree with you.....
a assume you believe in miracles...

and even a broken clock etc.etc.
I love to

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

They wrote:
<quoted text>
are smarter than you.
Coyote’s use their home ranges to meet their daily needs, and they may overlap with the home ranges of neighboring coyotes. However coyotes territories, which are part of their home range, are defended and do not overlap.
The size of a coyote pack’s home range and territory is dependent on food availability. Generally, in rural areas they are larger in size, and in more urban areas they are smaller in size. In comparison, a solitary coyote can have a very large home range.
Under stable conditions, female coyotes often do not give birth until their fourth year, and by the time they are six, they will tend to be less fertile. In late January mid February, only the alpha female mates with the alpha male. She is fertile for a short period of time once a year for about three weeks, and gives birth to her pups in April or May after a 60-63 day gestation period.
Under stable conditions, a coyote pack will maintain their territory and not permit other coyotes to enter. In this setting the alpha female will tend to have around three to six pups that are fed from food available only from their territory. Only 30% of the pups will survive to their first year, many dying from starvation, disease, and predation by terrestrial and avian predators.
When coyotes are heavily exploited by humans, the stable pack disintegrates, as well as their territorial defense. In this situation, often young coyotes that are only yearlings will have pups.
Coyote packs are very sensitive to the disruption of their close social relationships. When an alpha female or male is killed by humans, the pack may break up and disperse, or temporarily go into a chaotic state. As a result, the young, inexperienced members of the pack who are not adept at hunting as yet may starve to death or come into conflict with humans in their search for food.
hunt coyotes. I kill every mangy dog I see. I kill the old, the young, the males and the females it doesn't matter to me. I then send their pelts off to Kansas and get paid for them. It's a great sport and it controls the coyote population..
You appear

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

to be retarded (my apologies to the developmentally disability).
Jesus Christ

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

I love to wrote:
<quoted text>hunt coyotes. I kill every mangy dog I see. I kill the old, the young, the males and the females it doesn't matter to me. I then send their pelts off to Kansas and get paid for them. It's a great sport and it controls the coyote population..
Have you considered suicide? Seems to Pop and I that it is the solution to your little problem. I could put in a good word for you with uncle Beez, since you seem to want it.
Hey Now

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered suicide? Seems to Pop and I that it is the solution to your little problem. I could put in a good word for you with uncle Beez, since you seem to want it.
Praise the name of Jesus the Christ ;-))
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> The state of Meixco strives to be the top of the bottom on all negative ratings. I'll do my best to show liite how pathetic the mentality is 'over there'. I'll call PETA and the national news agencies first thing.
LOL. PETA the organization known for killing animals also. You make me laugh princess. I harvested 4 more coyotes yesterday. I will send their pelts to Kansas for a nice check. I hope to save enough money so one day I can take a trip to Alaska and club baby seals to death..
Stay

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
there you sick, sadistic azzhole.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Stay wrote:
<quoted text>
there you sick, sadistic azzhole.
Do you eat meat?
not

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Do you eat meat?
relevant to your sick sadism.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I hope to save enough money so one day I can take a trip to Alaska and club baby seals to death..
Doing things like this will make it even more difficult for you to find a woman who will agree have sex with you and, assuming that you even find a woman, it will also make your erectile dysfunction problem more severe.
He probably

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing things like this will make it even more difficult for you to find a woman who will agree have sex with you and, assuming that you even find a woman, it will also make your erectile dysfunction problem more severe.
get all he needs from the dead animals.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

not wrote:
<quoted text>
relevant to your sick sadism.
Yes you eat meat. You are one of the weak hypocrites that always has somebody else do their dirty work for them. Somebody has to kill your meat and then process it for you but it's OK in your mind because you are not the evil one. I bet you're fat.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, I AM a woman! I sure am not in the market for looking for one!
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

He probably wrote:
<quoted text>
get all he needs from the dead animals.
get all what?
What

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
does that have to ddo with your sadistic glee and sick joy in killing for killing sake?

Nope, you are the evil one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Quay County was issued at April 24 at 3:53AM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Alister Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Alister People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE