Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Deming Headlight 219

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
bill

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Good.

Now at least, there will not be mass huntings of long, grey, strawy haired ancient hippie chicks.

Except in the Santa Fe bars...
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Feb 27, 2013
bill wrote:
Good.
Now at least, there will not be mass huntings of long, grey, strawy haired ancient hippie chicks.
Except in the Santa Fe bars...
I think I will kill 3 coyotes today in honor of this bill being defeated..
Another

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Feb 27, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
poor excuse for a human.
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Feb 27, 2013
bill wrote:
Good.

hippie chicks.

I get it. You hate real women so you have to create ones in your head to talk to.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Another wrote:
<quoted text>
poor excuse for a human.
Why would you say that? Is it because I save poor innocent deer fawns like Bambi and elk calves from murderous coyotes? What do you have against baby animals you evil person?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Which type of Coyote's does this cover, animal or human<G>?

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#7 Feb 27, 2013
I'm tempted to start buying up large chunks of land in southern NM and putting up signs that say something to the effect of "WARNING: Anyone firing at ANY animal on this property will be reminded that this state has castle law."
WAROOOO

Washington, DC

#8 Feb 27, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
I'm tempted to start buying up large chunks of land in southern NM and putting up signs that say something to the effect of "WARNING: Anyone firing at ANY animal on this property will be reminded that this state has castle law."
How you going to do that with your welfare check?

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#9 Feb 27, 2013
WAROOOO wrote:
How you going to do that with your welfare check?
What welfare check would that be? I am working my way through college and grad school. Or, would you be projecting your own economical inadequacies whilst flagellating yourself in your mother's basement?
WAROOOO

Washington, DC

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What welfare check would that be? I am working my way through college and grad school. Or, would you be projecting your own economical inadequacies whilst flagellating yourself in your mother's basement?
So then what are you going to use to buy up large chunks of land with you student financial aide? lol.

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#11 Feb 27, 2013
WAROOOO wrote:
So then what are you going to use to buy up large chunks of land with you student financial aide? lol.
Illiterate much? I already said that I am working, and well paid. And I also know that that worthless land down there goes for very little.

Why do you think Ted Turner bought so much of it? Investment. Buy the land cheap, as there isn't much being made these days, is there...
WAROOOO

Washington, DC

#12 Feb 27, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Illiterate much? I already said that I am working, and well paid. And I also know that that worthless land down there goes for very little.
Why do you think Ted Turner bought so much of it? Investment. Buy the land cheap, as there isn't much being made these days, is there...
You couldn't afford a dog house in dog canyon. Ted Turner you're not! LOL!
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Feb 27, 2013
Hunting and trapping coyotes causes MORE coyotes, not less. Coyotes are pack animals and when they look around and see fewer coyotes in their pack, they begin to breed more. That's why coyote hunts do not reduce the population of coyotes. So if you want to reduce the damage to your sheep and other farm animals, it is best to let the coyotes be coyotes.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/coyotes/...

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#14 Feb 27, 2013
WAROOOO wrote:
You couldn't afford a dog house in dog canyon. Ted Turner you're not! LOL!
Keep trying, Skeezix. Buying my first house for cash in a few months.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Pretty crappy behavior but typical of redneck mentality of killing for sport without needing the meat. To win a prize for killing the most seems completely criminal.
Dorky

Alamogordo, NM

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Gorky wrote:
Hunting and trapping coyotes causes MORE coyotes, not less. Coyotes are pack animals and when they look around and see fewer coyotes in their pack, they begin to breed more. That's why coyote hunts do not reduce the population of coyotes. So if you want to reduce the damage to your sheep and other farm animals, it is best to let the coyotes be coyotes.
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/coyotes/...
So if a male coyote looks around and sees a lot of coyotes, especially female coyotes who are in heat he says to himself, hmmmmmm, I better not get me some of that their good coyote stuff because there are enough of us already so I won't breed that little thing right there? Do YOU ever sit back and think about what you post. That is one of the dumbest things you have ever posted..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Feb 28, 2013
recycled365 wrote:
Pretty crappy behavior but typical of redneck mentality of killing for sport without needing the meat. To win a prize for killing the most seems completely criminal.
It is called population control. The coyote is devestating the mule deer herds of New Mexico. I shot 2 yesterday and trapped 2 last week. I send their hides off for money. Nothing criminal about it.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#18 Feb 28, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trying, Skeezix. Buying my first house for cash in a few months.
Cash is KING. I purchased a brand new pick up last year with cash because of coyote pelts. Congratulations..
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Feb 28, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Cash is KING. I purchased a brand new pick up last year with cash because of coyote pelts. Congratulations..
The state of Meixco strives to be the top of the bottom on all negative ratings. I'll do my best to show liite how pathetic the mentality is 'over there'. I'll call PETA and the national news agencies first thing.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Feb 28, 2013
This bill was unconstitutional because it would have unlawfully discriminated against all the Elmer Fudd's in the state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alister Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... Sep 13 RezDine 6
Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... Jun '14 indian 23
Video: Morning News June 12, 2014 Jun '14 too 1
Century-old eastern NM post office closes (Jun '09) May '14 Neil 3
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
Sound Off: May 6 May '14 BLOODONHISHANDS 1
NM Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Informative Esquire 60
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Quay County was issued at September 22 at 4:39AM MDT

•••
•••
•••

Alister Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Alister People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••