K-BOB'S sees revenue jump, to expand locations

Jun 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business Journal

The company said that in the first five months of 2012, same-store sales have increased almost 3 percent compared to 2011 and systemwide sales have improved more than 25 percent.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mtz st bluez

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

Yeah go nick beaver
Mary

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

Congratulations from Elephant Butte - great to see a local business doing well.
seriously

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

some of the worst food ever..made the service look good ( which it is not)..they'll get you once for sure..but I'd rather eat at the Hacienda after a day long power outage then set foot in that joint.

no doubt the success of a correctly run k-bobs ( like the one in Ruidoso) is covering the fact that the Sierra county version for lack of a more colorful word..stinks.

Only reason you might see a sales increase next year is that we're losing franchises like crazy and that means less choices.
Mary

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

seriously wrote:
some of the worst food ever..made the service look good ( which it is not)..they'll get you once for sure..but I'd rather eat at the Hacienda after a day long power outage then set foot in that joint.
no doubt the success of a correctly run k-bobs ( like the one in Ruidoso) is covering the fact that the Sierra county version for lack of a more colorful word..stinks.
Only reason you might see a sales increase next year is that we're losing franchises like crazy and that means less choices.
Have you been there lately? I think they have made a real effort to address your valid observations. My opinion is they deserve another chance. If you have been there very recently please let them know what you think.
haha

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

seriously wrote:
Na, K-Bob's is one of the best places to eat in Raton. Their salad bar is to die for and has a wide selection of salad fixings, pasta and macaroni salads, soup and beans. That salad bar itself can be a meal it has everything one would want. Just saying.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

It's the meat that scares me. There's a certain strange taste to the meat. I liken it to formaldehyde. Of course, because of that, I haven't eaten there in years. Maybe it has changed.
itwasawful

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Went there with family about a month ago. Ordered my beloved chicken fried steak. It was the worst chicken fried steak I ever had. It had so much batter on it that most of it did not cook! So when I cut into it I had this raw batter. It tasted like a piece of wood with flour on it. They have tried to revamp their menu but they can't cook the food like it needs to be. The prices are atrocious for what you get. NEVER will I go back to this KBobs. I have been to others around the South that are great, this one is the worst ever.
As far as the servers go, we entertained ourselves picking out the tweakers they call waiters and waitresses.
seriously

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

at least those tweakers are making an attempt at working.

I gave k-bobs several chances as I was pretty stoked when they were going to reopen it. It's unfortunate, but I said the same thing about Denny's which is also on my "last resort" list.

I'm sure the make enough on people "passing thru" who never intend to stop in Sierra county again to survive after being subjected to that very poor excuse of a franchise restaurant

The real problem here is that people can't live on unemployment during the winter and there simply isn't enough money in Sierra county to support any business that isn't family owned and operated year round (except banks).

Sure we get tens of thousands showing up in town for the lake and large groups of hunters during the winter..but they are often too loaded to make it into town without leaving all their cash with the county and state police franchises that pop up on all the access roads during busy weeks.
haha

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

itwasawful wrote:
Went there with family about a month ago. Ordered my beloved chicken fried steak. It was the worst chicken fried steak I ever had. It had so much batter on it that most of it did not cook! So when I cut into it I had this raw batter. It tasted like a piece of wood with flour on it. They have tried to revamp their menu but they can't cook the food like it needs to be. The prices are atrocious for what you get. NEVER will I go back to this KBobs. I have been to others around the South that are great, this one is the worst ever.
As far as the servers go, we entertained ourselves picking out the tweakers they call waiters and waitresses.
It really is pointless to complain about batter on here if you didn't say anything to them. You can't get on here and whine, yet still eat it and pay for it. You should have complained. As far as tweaking waitresses go, 1. If they are tweakers at least they work to get it. and 2. It's none of your business.

Don't complain on here about food you ate and paid for anyway regarless of the quality. When a I go to any place and order steak I want it well done. If it comes back medium, I send it back because if I'm paying for it I want it cooked the way I ordered it. But if you get raw food, and say nothing but pay for it anyway. Then you have no right to complain
haha

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

GladysSmith wrote:
It's the meat that scares me. There's a certain strange taste to the meat. I liken it to formaldehyde. Of course, because of that, I haven't eaten there in years. Maybe it has changed.
Have you ever eaten formaldehyede? If not then you don't know that's what it tasted like.
itwasawful

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

haha wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is pointless to complain about batter on here if you didn't say anything to them. You can't get on here and whine, yet still eat it and pay for it. You should have complained. As far as tweaking waitresses go, 1. If they are tweakers at least they work to get it. and 2. It's none of your business.
Don't complain on here about food you ate and paid for anyway regarless of the quality. When a I go to any place and order steak I want it well done. If it comes back medium, I send it back because if I'm paying for it I want it cooked the way I ordered it. But if you get raw food, and say nothing but pay for it anyway. Then you have no right to complain
First of all, I am not "whining". I was writing about my experience with them. Second of all, although I omitted it from my post, I DID complain and they did take it off the bill. That still does not change my experience or how I feel about the place. You sound terribly offended. An employee maybe?? Get off your self righteous high horse and stop "complaining" about my post. Plain and simple, my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Rate Payer

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

I have eaten there about 50 times over the years ,and it was almost always good.I was confused for awhile untill I discovered that two waitreses were twins.I kept thinking what is wrong with this woman that she can`t remember what I said(,because I was talking to the other sister!)Anyway if your food is bad tell them, most business owners want to keep you for the long haul.(even if some of the workers can`t think 10 min ahead)look at it this way 50 times 20 is 1,000 what does one lousy bit of food going in the trash compared to not ever having you come back because your angry. I also like LCGrill.and I guess subway sold to new owners so I will try the new owners,I was happy with the old owners.The very very worst food was a chicken store (You can Guess witch one) because the stupid woman dropped my food on the floor and picked it back up off the floor and put it on the plate and thought I would eat it anyway .So that cost them a couple of thousand dollers so far when you add it up.
Rate Payer

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

GladysSmith wrote:
I never tasted that but it could have been meat tenderizer that stuff is gross just think what it keeps doing inside you body.I have tasted that taste(I think) that is the end of the line when they try to buy junk meat to save money .I think that was a long time ago ,because I remember that too but they changed hands since then.
Little Stinker

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

I cant complain about the steak I had three weeks ago there . But if i'm going to spend that much money on two steaks I will invite my kids and eat at Texas road house for the same price.
haha

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

itwasawful wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I am not "whining". I was writing about my experience with them. Second of all, although I omitted it from my post, I DID complain and they did take it off the bill. That still does not change my experience or how I feel about the place. You sound terribly offended. An employee maybe?? Get off your self righteous high horse and stop "complaining" about my post. Plain and simple, my opinion and I am entitled to it.
I'm not an employee but I am sick and tired of people bringing their complaints to this site. And I don't believe you complained to them because that's not something you'd omit. I am not self rightous, I simply wouldn't post a complaint on here if I still ate the damn food and paid the damn bill. I too am entitled to my opinion and I will voice it.
Lowakee Inn

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Little Stinker wrote:
I cant complain about the steak I had three weeks ago there . But if i'm going to spend that much money on two steaks I will invite my kids and eat at Texas road house for the same price.
Where is Texas Steak House? Please tell me so I could try it out.
Your right

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Kbobs is not good when Sally smith ran it it was very good. Now a days they have the riff raff running it and I also ate there my food was raw it was also a chicken fried steak I also complained and it was taken off my bill that it not the point the point is they should learn how to cook and not serve raw flood it is as bad as finding a piece of hair in your plate kabobs used to be the best and I thought it was a steak place why are they trying to do Spanish food if I want that I can go to la Cosina or el matador not that is good spanish food they need to stick to the steaks burgers and chicken
zagot

Warrendale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

yup,yup...just goes to show ya---some people will put anything in their mouths if it is cheap enough.
all my exes

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Lowakee Inn wrote:
<quoted text>Where is Texas Steak House? Please tell me so I could try it out.
Texas!
Little Stinker

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Lowakee Inn wrote:
<quoted text>Where is Texas Steak House? Please tell me so I could try it out.
Willie Nelsons place (Texas Road House)
Sorry but the one i'm referring to is in Los Cruses, west on loman just off freeway. There is one in Albuquerque to but I have not been to that one. I go to Los Cruses twice a month, its my choice for a good inexpensive steak.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Alister Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Alister People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance