schools out of control

Posted in the Alice Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
angry parent

Alice, TX

#1 Sep 29, 2012
I have a son at Dubose and one at William adams but thinking of moving them to Ben Bolt. Dubose is completely out of control. Nobody does anything about it. Teachers telling students to shut up, students doing what they want. Principal never there. Students cussing and nothing gets done. Bullying and nothing gets done. My son has not been taught anything this year. Teachers not teaching just giving busy work.
William Adams a crazy principal that is on the opposite end of Dubose. Putting kids in ISS for dress code. Students get sent out of class for minor things and principal allows it to happen.
Come on school board do something or the ones that are up for reelection will be out. I have a huge family in Alice and many friends. You were elected to fix our schools so fix them. Get ride of people that dont do there jobs!!!!!!!
la tia

Alice, TX

#2 Sep 29, 2012
pos muavate pendeja,
lol

United States

#3 Sep 29, 2012
Not schools out of control.....its certain students and their crazy parents
Wow

United States

#4 Sep 29, 2012
lol wrote:
Not schools out of control.....its certain students and their crazy parents
Well gave to agree with this the school is hiring because they have a degree really no screening teachers not paying attention just labeling children as bad kids principals too busy to go and observe it is not the child or the parent but incompetent teachers parents wake up protect ur kids
Wow

United States

#5 Sep 29, 2012
la tia wrote:
pos muavate pendeja,
Now u without any sense would come on here with this crazy response u must have kids that r out of control with a mouth like that
lol

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2012
The parents who care have great kids in schools I work for a school.....other parents care less and tell Me it's my problem from 8-4
Wow

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2012
lol wrote:
The parents who care have great kids in schools I work for a school.....other parents care less and tell Me it's my problem from 8-4
While I agree with u there r parents who could care less but I know first hand that the good intelligent kids get labeled by teachers n principals that r there for a paycheck need to go elsewhere to work if they have no compassion n patience with our children but I have to say there r teachers that do make a difference in there lives wish they were all like that
Lifetime

Alice, TX

#8 Sep 29, 2012
Question to ALL parents... Why do you allow your children to take Jackets to school. It's been so hot, over 98'. come on they look ridiculous.. So that's how we can stop the problem.. Parents fix this problem.. Wearing jackets with hoods at 102'.
Wow

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2012
Lifetime wrote:
Question to ALL parents... Why do you allow your children to take Jackets to school. It's been so hot, over 98'. come on they look ridiculous.. So that's how we can stop the problem.. Parents fix this problem.. Wearing jackets with hoods at 102'.
Hello it may be 102 outside but some classrooms r super cold or the child may be sick this is where the responsible knowledgeable teacher skills come into play now for those gangster wanna be kids they should be searched DAILY
Lifetime

Alice, TX

#10 Sep 29, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello it may be 102 outside but some classrooms r super cold or the child may be sick this is where the responsible knowledgeable teacher skills come into play now for those gangster wanna be kids they should be searched DAILY
Okay it might be cold inside a class and that's fine.. But after school it's extremely HOT.. It looks ridiculous 102' and I see boys and girls with hoodies on Come on..
Wake up

Alice, TX

#11 Sep 29, 2012
Lifetime wrote:
<quoted text>Okay it might be cold inside a class and that's fine.. But after school it's extremely HOT.. It looks ridiculous 102' and I see boys and girls with hoodies on Come on..
U must not be a great parent to not realize that some kids use their jackets as a shield. If u still don't understand then let me spell it out for u. Some kids get picked on for being fat, some for being skinny, some for being smart, some for being not so smart, some for being pretty, some for being not so pretty, some for having money, some for not having enough money, and well u should see my point by now. So why focus on the jacket when there are bigger issues. If a kid feels more secure wearing a jacket to shield them from bullies then I'm all for it! Ur focusing on the wrong things like these punk bullies!!!!
Lifetime

Alice, TX

#12 Sep 30, 2012
Wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
U must not be a great parent to not realize that some kids use their jackets as a shield. If u still don't understand then let me spell it out for u. Some kids get picked on for being fat, some for being skinny, some for being smart, some for being not so smart, some for being pretty, some for being not so pretty, some for having money, some for not having enough money, and well u should see my point by now. So why focus on
the jacket when there are bigger issues. If a kid
feels more secure wearing a jacket to shield
them from bullies then I'm all for it! Ur focusing
on the wrong things like these punk bullies!!!!
I know exactly what bullies are capable of. My daughter is Alwsys getting bullied to. But that's when we as parents come in and say stand up for yourself.. You are beautiful and give your child confidence.. That's what I do.. If you think wearing a shield to protect themselves, is helping them.'no' You are training them to hide.. That's not right.. Confidence come from home.. I'm not the best parent. But I instill confidence, at least try.. Hey maybe I'm wrong..
Wow

United States

#13 Sep 30, 2012
Lifetime wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly what bullies are capable of. My daughter is Alwsys getting bullied to. But that's when we as parents come in and say stand up for yourself.. You are beautiful and give your child confidence.. That's what I do.. If you think wearing a shield to protect themselves, is helping them.'no' You are training them to hide.. That's not right.. Confidence come from home.. I'm not the best parent. But I instill confidence, at least try.. Hey maybe I'm wrong..
Ok all u parents wake up stop bullies teach ur child how to stand up n not be afraid of those psycho bullies report them until they stop it's people like that that need to be put in there pla e they r acting out because they r missing something at home love n respect for others personally I feel those kids parents need to pay a heavy fine for having such awful kids bet u that would stop them cold
Parent

Richmond, TX

#14 Sep 30, 2012
I do think that the whole Alice school system is crazy. The way things are ran and done are horrible. Who cares if kids go to school in wind pants or jackets. The teachers need to make education the first priority. I use to live there and had my schools in the AISD. The schools where I live now are way larger but very organized and under controll. Things are done so different. Students stay for tutoring even on Fridays till 6:00. High school students have to pay for summer school. Which is okay cause it pushes parents to push the student. We don't have dress codes but need to look can't look disrespectful. After school kids in middle school wait outside in a line and parents drive by and pick kids up a few cars at a time. There is many teachers and staff outside. This helps prevent fights. You don't see kids running all over the place. If a parent isn't there by a certain time, kids have to go to office parents need to get off and get kids. All students are issued text books for every class just like we use to back in the days. All students have homework Monday- Thursday. Alice school board needs to wake up. I'm do glad I moved my kids away from that bull.
Parent

Richmond, TX

#15 Sep 30, 2012
Lifetime wrote:
who cares! Is it hurting someone that a kid takes a jacket to school. I am always cold in a restaurant. Is it ever cold in class. That is just another example of teachers being worried about things that are not a big deal. Worry about the kids that don't have a jacket in the winter. Or the students that can't read. Or the students that go home hungry. Crazy people!
No name

Alice, TX

#16 Sep 30, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>who cares! Is it hurting someone that a kid takes a jacket to school. I am always cold in a restaurant. Is it ever cold in class. That is just another example of teachers being worried about things that are not a big deal. Worry about the kids that don't have a jacket in the winter. Or the students that can't read. Or the students that go home hungry. Crazy people!
Perfectly said!
Only in Alice

Euless, TX

#17 Sep 30, 2012
Parent wrote:
I do think that the whole Alice school system is crazy. The way things are ran and done are horrible. Who cares if kids go to school in wind pants or jackets. The teachers need to make education the first priority. I use to live there and had my schools in the AISD. The schools where I live now are way larger but very organized and under controll. Things are done so different. Students stay for tutoring even on Fridays till 6:00. High school students have to pay for summer school. Which is okay cause it pushes parents to push the student. We don't have dress codes but need to look can't look disrespectful. After school kids in middle school wait outside in a line and parents drive by and pick kids up a few cars at a time. There is many teachers and staff outside. This helps prevent fights. You don't see kids running all over the place. If a parent isn't there by a certain time, kids have to go to office parents need to get off and get kids. All students are issued text books for every class just like we use to back in the days. All students have homework Monday- Thursday. Alice school board needs to wake up. I'm do glad I moved my kids away from that bull.
I remember when I saw my friends son going to school one morning and he looked so sloppy and ghetto.He was wearing faded and torn jeans, a Metallica tshirt, his hair was long and uncombed, and a hoodie. I asked my friend why she would let him dress like that and her response was " Oh the school doesn't care!! They told the kids they can come however as long as they come." SO SAD!!! AISD is not teaching the kids self-respect, self-worth, responsibility, or Dignity. And nevermind the proper education. I went to a formal school event this past school year where several schools were present in the audience, and how embarrassing- the Alice kids were the only ones not in dress code. The event requested and required Formal Wear. The Alice kids to themselves thought they going dressed up formal, but oh how embarrassing!! The guys dressed all ghetto as listed above, and the girls dressed as if they were going to Tapadero. And these my friends are products of AISD. SAD!!!!!
mike

Alice, TX

#18 Sep 30, 2012
Lifetime wrote:
it gets cold in the class rooms
retired

Alice, TX

#19 Sep 30, 2012
The problem is that the board does nothing to get rid of bad principals and teachers. Principals that are no good get moved to other positions as do teachers. Stop shifting people around and get rid of them. Come on board stop protecting and covering for bad educators just for there vote. You need more people on the board like Roger Saenz and Ciro Zamora. They didnt care whose feet they stepped on they cared about making good desiscions for our schools. Why arent our elementary school exemplary? The small schools should be exemplary not recognized.
Yup

Corpus Christi, TX

#20 Sep 30, 2012
I agree the schools are out of control...and YES the schools are always cold when I was in high school about 10 yrs ago I always had a jacket it was freezing in there...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mito cavazos (Aug '10) 1 hr bro 15
Denise Garcia 2 hr lol 8
Jairo Mendez (Jul '11) 3 hr Sassafrass 5
Lee sanchez 3 hr Luckygal 13
Keep A Word & Drop A Word (Dec '11) 4 hr Analog man 7,317
Horns on his head 6 hr Alicetx 3
Having affair with married man Xmas 6 hr Honey Bee 26
Oil $55.91 barrel get ready for layoffs 10 hr Boss Lady 136
Alice Dating
Find my Match