Pct 1 Commissioner
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
county man

Alice, TX

#1 Feb 18, 2013
It's just February, and she's missed garbage pick up more that 5 times this year. Who the hell thought she could this job?
WOW

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Feb 18, 2013
really you get free trash pick up and you are crying she should take it away. like the rest of the county or charge you for it. but you ppl in RA would dump it on the county roads again cause that are the kind that you are.
LOL

Edroy, TX

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Ugh yeah and that's no thanks to Zenaida and the mess she left behind when she left office. That lady left quit caring when she lost the election to begin with and everything went to crap. I have family in Tecolote and the garbage hasn't been picked up for at least a month while Zenaida was in office. The current commissioner was left with a mess to fix.
greed

Houston, TX

#7 Feb 18, 2013
LOL wrote:
Ugh yeah and that's no thanks to Zenaida and the mess she left behind when she left office. That lady left quit caring when she lost the election to begin with and everything went to crap. I have family in Tecolote and the garbage hasn't been picked up for at least a month while Zenaida was in office. The current commissioner was left with a mess to fix.
zenaida did leave a mess. To make margie look bad. But give her a chance. That says alot about previous commissioner, sore looser
Be professional and take it like a man
WOW

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Bastaro wrote:
<quoted text>I dont live in RA and we pay plenty of land taxes. get a clue dumb f*ck
yes you do but not for trash pick up thatis a different charge, the city has it on your water bill, water, trash and sewer.
greed

Rockport, TX

#10 Feb 18, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm ALL for giving Margie a chance. That's why my family voted for her. Our previous commissioner ran that office to the dump.
well said!
taxpayor

Plano, TX

#11 Feb 18, 2013
I have been a resident of the county and prct. #1 for many years. We have gone thru several commissioners during my time here in Jim Wells County. Zenaida Sanchez has been the worst commissioner ever..... She neglected priorities for personal favors and personal gains. Everyone pays for trash pick-up in every city. Why can't the people of R.A. pay a fee like everybody does. This would help the funds allowed to the Comm. to be able to have more equipment and man power. The budget is just not enough. These folks need to step up to the plate and pay like everyone else. It is very costly and I praise Margie for all her hard work and dedication to our county. This women has gone way beyond the call of duty. It's ashame that ignorance is also evil. Margie you are doing a great job. Our family will always support you in any future changes.
county man

Alice, TX

#13 Feb 18, 2013
Trash pick up is free, but if your gonna do it, well do it. Its a hazard having two weeks of trash out in front of your house ! And at least Zenaida fixed shit around RA, like roads!
shorty

Alice, TX

#14 Feb 18, 2013
a notice was sent out about the change in pick up day to Monday. I found the note by our fence(thought it was trash)And of course today is Monday and a holiday for them. I will give margie a little more time--she has years worth of mistakes to correct.
dumb

Alice, TX

#20 Feb 18, 2013
and here we go......zenaida sucked and now it's margie...you ppl are never satisfied
resident

Edroy, TX

#25 Feb 19, 2013
In regards to the budget, she shouldn't have allowed for her secretary to have such a damn high salary as she did. After all, she was just a clerk/typist and getting paid $36,000 a year. That's a hefty salary for a clerical position. Not even ladies that have been working at the court house for more than 10 years are getting paid that high. And it can't be denied because its all a matter of public record.
justsayin
#26 Feb 19, 2013
get it straight-the ENTIRE commissioners court approves every salary-NOT Zenaida. If your going to talk, go ahead but get it straight. Zenaida never had THAT kind of power-whatever kind of salary anyone has MUST be approved by THEM, & THAT is public record too.
K Hart

Hebbronville, TX

#27 Feb 19, 2013
justsayin wrote:
get it straight-the ENTIRE commissioners court approves every salary-NOT Zenaida. If your going to talk, go ahead but get it straight. Zenaida never had THAT kind of power-whatever kind of salary anyone has MUST be approved by THEM, & THAT is public record too.
Last we all looked margie brought her supporter Melba gaitan at that HIGH SALARY & are you complaining?
WOW

Alice, TX

#31 Feb 19, 2013
don't let Melba handle that money. Not everyone has forgotten how she helped herself to that Nayer PTA money.
Chilly Moe

Corpus Christi, TX

#35 Feb 19, 2013
Truth Be Told wrote:
I think Margie will be another Pam Canales Perez , just drive around n you'll see it already. Tires on CRd 129 dry Xmas trees avereywhere brush up n down Guerra Herrera St & Carmen & range & n masters. Margie's just an uneducated ugly two faced hypocrite who knows Zero - sad sad sad for the TAXPAYERS That's where her 75,000 salary comes from n she is never in the office.?!! Just call n you just get a recording
Interesting analogy; Margie/Pam Canales. However the main difference Margie actually has a road-hand working with her...Noel. Noel's biggest challenge will be trying to address all the needs with a much much smaller budget than that he had with the state. You folks need to give her some time. That Sanchez lady left that place in shambles & it will take them some time to get things up to par. To be honest, the whole county public works program is a JOKE! Really it's past time for thes guys to adopt the Unit Road System. That is place all the public works stuff under one responsible person; engineer or Road Master. That way no more duplication of effort, equipment, budgets, etc. the Commissioners won't like it (cronyism goes out the window); but the taxpayers will most definitely see progress.

Talk to your Commissioners/CJ about it, and watch them give you a million reasons why the present busted system is still the best. Trust me...the present system only serves their needs, and do nothing for the taxpayers. BTW, when did the knuckleheads start pulling down $75k? Heck, I must be really behind the times!! I thought they only made $50k plus whatever they could grab under the table. With their baseline salary plus graft, heck, they pulling down over $100k per year!!! Where do I sign up for this bird-nest-on-the-ground?? We are getting the shaft big time!!
Lmao

Corpus Christi, TX

#37 Feb 20, 2013
Chilly Moe wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting analogy; Margie/Pam Canales. However the main difference Margie actually has a road-hand working with her...Noel. Noel's biggest challenge will be trying to address all the needs with a much much smaller budget than that he had with the state. You folks need to give her some time. That Sanchez lady left that place in shambles & it will take them some time to get things up to par. To be honest, the whole county public works program is a JOKE! Really it's past time for thes guys to adopt the Unit Road System. That is place all the public works stuff under one responsible person; engineer or Road Master. That way no more duplication of effort, equipment, budgets, etc. the Commissioners won't like it (cronyism goes out the window); but the taxpayers will most definitely see progress.
Talk to your Commissioners/CJ about it, and watch them give you a million reasons why the present busted system is still the best. Trust me...the present system only serves their needs, and do nothing for the taxpayers. BTW, when did the knuckleheads start pulling down $75k? Heck, I must be really behind the times!! I thought they only made $50k plus whatever they could grab under the table. With their baseline salary plus graft, heck, they pulling down over $100k per year!!! Where do I sign up for this bird-nest-on-the-ground?? We are getting the shaft big time!!
. I totally agree!!
Hmmm

Decatur, GA

#42 Feb 20, 2013
Truth Be Told wrote:
I think Margie will be another Pam Canales Perez , just drive around n you'll see it already. Tires on CRd 129 dry Xmas trees avereywhere brush up n down Guerra Herrera St & Carmen & range & n masters. Margie's just an uneducated ugly two faced hypocrite who knows Zero - sad sad sad for the TAXPAYERS That's where her 75,000 salary comes from n she is never in the office.?!! Just call n you just get a recording
AGREE!!!! A total ugly two faced hypocrite and she's involved at church like she's an angel!!! Please you don't fool anyone people laugh at her! she of all people should know that god is watching her be a hypocrite in his house!!!!
R A all Day

Edroy, TX

#47 Feb 20, 2013
Lol So you agree with me?
Really

United States

#50 Feb 20, 2013
justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
hellooo....Im pretty sure they were talking bout Margies daughter-she got busted w/weed a couple months ago-saw it in the paper.
Really? So what? It's no ones business! It's not like she's the only one that smokes weed in Alice! One of you bashing her prob sold it to her!! Lol
Bastaro

Corpus Christi, TX

#51 Feb 20, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So what? It's no ones business! It's not like she's the only one that smokes weed in Alice! One of you bashing her prob sold it to her!! Lol
I agree! PPl need to leave others children out of such stuff. I also agree she inheritated a mess. Give her some time to get things in shape and prec.1 could be the nicest in the county. Its not only RA. She has ppl in Loma Linda and Springfield. Those are nice subdivisions and i know she respects the ppl that live there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new keep a word and drop a word 55 min Princess Hey 2,797
Mrs Everett speech boring 1 hr astalavista 11
Memorial weekend 1 hr LA PPREYNOLDS 1
class of 2017 favorite song 1 hr Vanilla Ice 1
Leah reynolds 1 hr Lol 5
graduation rompers 1 hr LA pp Washington 19
class of 2017 over wight 1 hr LA pp Los Angeles 3
City council Yolanda is a Joke... 1 hr Kookie 61
valedictorian speech so boring and negative 7 hr La pp high 31

Alice Jobs