"The life of an oilfield worker's wife, how do you cope?"

Posted in the Alice Forum

First Prev
of 37
Next Last
Luna Garcia

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jul 19, 2010
Hello my fellow oilfield wives..we are not alone..comment on whatever is on your mind and we can help each other cope with our hard working loving husbands, being gone and missing them all the time.
Luna Garcia

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Jul 19, 2010
I would love to hear from any wife that is coping with an oilfield worker Hubby..it's nice to know you are not alone..it's hard but with prayer and support we manage...:-)
lmao

Goliad, TX

#3 Aug 11, 2010
shut up! tell hime to quit,get and education and make ur ass happy! u prob fght all the time about "spending time" bah blah blah blah. stop living in a fairy tale land-and get a life-even a job!
don juan

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Luna Garcia wrote:
I would love to hear from any wife that is coping with an oilfield worker Hubby..it's nice to know you are not alone..it's hard but with prayer and support we manage...:-)
hey baby need a friend that comes over opposite weeks you man is gone?
Wife

Tomball, TX

#5 Aug 11, 2010
It a hard life to live but like they say only the strong survive.Ppl who come on here talkin don't understand either cause their not a wife or cause they want 2 be.And most of the wides r educated n do have jobs.I'm a LVN and don't live in a fairy tale!
WTF

United States

#6 Aug 11, 2010
I COPE BY SPENDING HIS MONEY
Lol

United States

#7 Aug 11, 2010
Lmao!!!@ WTF!! Been there done that! Couldn't put up with that shit they r never home! Sorry that was no life for me.
a town

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2010
ya im with one their all liars n cheaters u get pregnant then ur stuck paying their bills n filing divorces for them,by the way i had sex w my dude at his work n his trailer so if i can go up n there all bad ass what makes u think they dont have other b*tches,id way rather have him working a normal job ...like they say if their going to do it, their going to do it, but working on the rigs ..u mine as well call the p*ssy for them
Ala

Sinton, TX

#9 Aug 12, 2010
a town wrote:
ya im with one their all liars n cheaters u get pregnant then ur stuck paying their bills n filing divorces for them,by the way i had sex w my dude at his work n his trailer so if i can go up n there all bad ass what makes u think they dont have other b*tches,id way rather have him working a normal job ...like they say if their going to do it, their going to do it, but working on the rigs ..u mine as well call the p*ssy for them
what company does your dude work with if you dont mind me asking.
iliketoread

Edroy, TX

#10 Aug 13, 2010
Don't always have to be downing on the wives. Most of us wives do have an education. The thing about it is that it does get lonley when your husbands gone and ur missing him and vise versa. Especially when you both have great understandings and get along really well, and u both have a great relationship. Not all men are the same and not all women are the same. There are some couples that are honest to eachother and don't cheat on eachother. I've been married for 11 years and my husband works for the oilfield. When he leaves i miss him. What we do is we call eachother as much as we can. Kind of like if he was home. We talk about how our day is going or what happened throughout the day. We talk about how our kids are doing and how we are doing. Basically we keep in touch as if we were at home together. That helps us alot when we're not together and we have to go our seperate ways for work.
--HAHA--

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Aug 13, 2010
Look "lmao" youre the one that needs to get an education and learn how to spell! And as for "a town" not all guys are the same some dont want to be with hoes and as for getting pregnant and stuff well thats your fault for opening your legs!
his wife

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 19, 2010
my hubby works in the oilfiend and it is scary ..... i love him with all my heart this is a very scary job but some one has to do it ...... i enjoy being a stay at home mom .......
la otra

United States

#13 Aug 19, 2010
I love oilfield men!!! I love the smell of oil (not diesel) makes me melt! oilfield wifes, if u r tired of him, I will take him, anytime! ViVa Oilfield Trash!!!
stupidppl

Corpus Christi, TX

#14 Aug 19, 2010
are you f**king serious you f**king wife should be greatful you husbands have a job!!!
Jessica

United States

#15 Aug 21, 2010
I cope by spending his money and going on out on him! I feel bad but what he doesen't know won't hurt him and I'm a good liar!
lol

Beeville, TX

#16 Aug 22, 2010
There are a TON of oilfield wives in Alice and we all deal w/ it differently. I say as long as you know he isn't cheating then be happy he has a well paying job, do your job, whatever that may be, and pray to God he never gets hurt. That's what I do!!
lol

Beeville, TX

#17 Aug 22, 2010
And why is it that when someone tries to start a for real conversation on here that someone else has to come trash it!!!
LOL

United States

#18 Aug 22, 2010
I can help ease your lonliness while he's away. Call me.
lol

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 Aug 22, 2010
This town and the oilfield have been chewing up an spitting out high school dropouts for decades. It's amazing how a couple years of college can save a lifetime of backbreaking labor, drug and alcohol/family problems. Go to back to school kiddos.
lmao

Goliad, TX

#20 Aug 22, 2010
Wife wrote:
It a hard life to live but like they say only the strong survive.Ppl who come on here talkin don't understand either cause their not a wife or cause they want 2 be.And most of the wides r educated n do have jobs.I'm a LVN and don't live in a fairy tale!
then stop loving the materials and down grade to love each other! duh! or sacrifice the love a little to have all ur riches and stop crying about it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 37
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lester barfield 1 hr Care 20
Sonny 5 hr Plz 7
Missing High School Girl 5 hr CPS 19
Keep A Word & Drop A Word (Dec '11) 5 hr Maybe21 11,004
Let's be Honest 5 hr haha 3
Coastal Bend College 6 hr CBC student 3
new keep a word and drop a word (Mar '17) 7 hr Princess Hey 5,889

Alice Jobs

Personal Finance

Alice Mortgages