If the City of Alice cannot find a hotel partner for the multi-purpose center, should it proceed with the natatorium & leisure pool anyway?
This was in the Alice 24/7...i dont know what you all think but it is my opinion that the city council should realize that Alice does not have anything to offer anyone that uses the multi-purpose center.... i think the city council should try and establish some type of shopping mall that will facilitate our citizens
what are your thoughts???
I have read the comments posted and this are my thoughts:
* A mall will not survive in Alice, and all the little towns that travel to Corpus Christi will still travel to Corpus Christi than to come to Alice, seriously do you like shopping in Alice? Get real.
* Oil boom will not last forever, it will last for some time, but eventually all the lower level oilfield workers will be laid off.
* City council people are working for the people of Alice, if you didn't vote then hush up, if you voted and your candidate didn't win. Then hush up, if you want to change how the city council does business then run for city council and have your voice heard.
* Nothing will make everyone happy no matter what is build, but you cannot make all the people happy all of the time.
* Multipurpose center is a family atmosphere place, and Alice needs family oriented activities.
* Malls are the past, malls are no longer build, Outdoor shopping plaza are the future. Investors will not invest in Alice. Look around Alice and ask yourself would you?
* Alice is like a big ranch, big people. big trucks and cars, living in condemned homes & children running around in diapers everywhere with no father or role models. This is generattion after generations of our Alice residents.
* I hope that the multipurpose center is build, and hope it doesn't get graffiti once it is build. It wouldn't surprise me if it did. With all I have said, I still have confidence in Alice, Texas.