Alice High School principal resigns

Alice High School principal resigns

There are 13 comments on the Corpus Christi Caller story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Alice High School principal resigns. In it, Corpus Christi Caller reports that:

Sanchez was principal for four months. Alice Superintendent Salvador Cavazos said she has a wealth of experience, including work as an interim superintendent, that made her an attractive candidate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Corpus Christi Caller.

Rose

Portland, TX

#1 Jan 26, 2011
What is going on at the high school ? Alot of teacher friends just shake their head in disgust when I ask them. Tell me they like this new principal and liked the previous one too
sirius

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Diana Rincon and Dr. Severita Sanchez were wonderful principals at Alice High School; however, they were not allowed to make decisions that would have benefited the school.
Dr. Sanchez will be missed.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 26, 2011
Alice High School is behind the power curb! Just like Alice! Keeping the jobs local only cripple the community!
Sickened

Portland, TX

#4 Jan 26, 2011
These principals have been pushed out by central administrators who have their own agenda and are draining the finances of Alice ISD.Their interests are not with your children believe me.
Alician

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Jan 26, 2011
Dr. Sanchez is a dynamic individual with a wealth of experience. It's a crime that central office personnel did not allow her to make needed changes. They seem to want only a rubber stamp in the principal's office.
CMPG

Portland, TX

#6 Jan 26, 2011
My sister works at the high school and tells me about the idiotic decisions being made by central administrators that are destroying the high school.Everyone wondering why the school board just rolling over and playing dead like a bunch of whipped puppies.Dr. Sanchez is not the administrator who needs to leave . She was pushed out.Thats the truth.
agree

United States

#7 Jan 26, 2011
Disappointed! Thought we were finally going to see some change! Tired of our school catering to the failures and not doing anything for the kids who excel yet are denied anything more than a few dual credit classes.
MrFact

Portland, TX

#8 Jan 26, 2011
This Central office dictatorship has been a failure and is destroying morale and not improving the schools or education in Alice.
seriously

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Jan 26, 2011
Dr. Sanchez is being pushed out. She is not allowed to run the school. All decisions come from central. Guess she decided she would not be a puppet. Even the superintendent claims she has a "wealth of experience." Why not let her use it? Mrs. Rincon probably felt the same way which is probably why she retired. It is a shame that the "administration" at central is calling all the shots. These two ladies could have been fantastic leaders who would have turned the school around had they been given the chance. From what I hear, some people at central have a personal agenda because they dislike some people at the high school and unfortunately our children are the ones who are suffering. They took dress code away and attendance is always below 90%. Teachers are being forced to use curriculum that has no research to back it as being effective. Alice needs to wake up and realize that our district is not doing what is in the best interest of our children!
123hes

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2011
All of you have valid points - voice them where it counts at the school board meetings. When it comes time to vote new board members in. Nothing will change unless the community voices their concerns -3 teachers left from WAMS because if the Sup & his control. Stand up Alice!
ifjsdhkfshlfhs

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Jan 27, 2011
she was originally ofered the job as a superentendent but recently Dr cavasos contract was extended. Dr Sanchez got a call for a better opportunity and decided to leave. I think she is a good principal that wants to better the high school and the students expirence, unlike the superentendent that wont even show his face. Dr sanchez should have stayed, in my opinion because she actually wanted better for us and supported us, not just be a figure in office.
hmmm

United States

#12 Jan 28, 2011
ifjsdhkfshlfhs wrote:
she was originally ofered the job as a superentendent but recently Dr cavasos contract was extended. Dr Sanchez got a call for a better opportunity and decided to leave. I think she is a good principal that wants to better the high school and the students expirence, unlike the superentendent that wont even show his face. Dr sanchez should have stayed, in my opinion because she actually wanted better for us and supported us, not just be a figure in office.
I have to agree. Being a student at Alice High School we are all sad to see Dr. Sanchez leave. I'm glad I'm graduating this year because the high school has been a hot mess all this year! We can only hope we get a principal at the high school that is half as great as Dr. Sanchez!!
One day

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Jan 29, 2011
One day I was at the Alice Independant School District Office applying for a secretarial job. That Dr. Sanchez was there and she did not impress me at all. I right of way thought to myself, "la van acer garras" and I guess I was right. Poor Dr. Sanchez she is leaving soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mikey Diaz 10 min HisOnlyOne 1
AISD Teacher Pay Raise 17 min TPT2 7
Tronald dump 19 min Killary Zuckz 8
Reckless City Driver 1 hr Juror 1
Tabitha Rudolph (Oct '13) 1 hr Yo girl tabb hoe 21
Leeanne from mcdonalds 2 hr someguy 2
Kassie Mendoza 2 hr Laughingmyassoff 1
The MUC a great success 3 hr shorty 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance