how was ur christmas and what did spouse and loved one give u???

Posted in the Alice Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 25, 2012
 
I got an awsome pare of high heels, an awesome braclette that i so needed...
Friend

Crowley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 25, 2012
 
We didn't give gifts to our kids or each other. We are trying to teach our kids that material things are not important. We are teaching them the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is life. A day to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ, not a day to celebrate what material things you get such as heels or bracelets or phones.
Chano

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 25, 2012
 
Friend wrote:
We didn't give gifts to our kids or each other. We are trying to teach our kids that material things are not important. We are teaching them the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is life. A day to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ, not a day to celebrate what material things you get such as heels or bracelets or phones.
Wow sounds pretty lame. You can teach them both, and you don't need to buy your kids expensive things.
little feet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 25, 2012
 
Friend wrote:
We didn't give gifts to our kids or each other. We are trying to teach our kids that material things are not important. We are teaching them the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is life. A day to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ, not a day to celebrate what material things you get such as heels or bracelets or phones.
Giving is also an important trait. After all we are celebrating the gift of Jesus. Teach your children to give and to receive. There is nothing wrong with giving gifts to your loved ones. We also rejoiced in The Lord today ;)
:)

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Friend wrote:
We didn't give gifts to our kids or each other. We are trying to teach our kids that material things are not important. We are teaching them the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is life. A day to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ, not a day to celebrate what material things you get such as heels or bracelets or phones.
So what did you do all day? Sit around and feel superior to everyone else. When your kids end up skinning cats and going goth this may be a reason why.
mommy dearest

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 25, 2012
 
Friend wrote:
We didn't give gifts to our kids or each other. We are trying to teach our kids that material things are not important. We are teaching them the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is life. A day to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ, not a day to celebrate what material things you get such as heels or bracelets or phones.
I just think you're a cheap a$$ who tried to use that as an excuse. That's just wrong. Bet your kids hate you. Every kid deserve at least a gift.

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 25, 2012
 
Friend wrote:
We didn't give gifts to our kids or each other. We are trying to teach our kids that material things are not important. We are teaching them the REAL meaning of Christmas, which is life. A day to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ, not a day to celebrate what material things you get such as heels or bracelets or phones.
i dont believe in all that jesus stuff but all i care about is making my kids. Smile. because they are all i have that love me respect me and follow me and listen to every word i speak to them..
faith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 25, 2012
 
mothfly wrote:
<quoted text>i dont believe in all that jesus stuff but all i care about is making my kids. Smile. because they are all i have that love me respect me and follow me and listen to every word i speak to them..
Jesus loves to see you smile too. He also loves you, respects you, follows you and will listen to every word you speak. Give him a try. He won't let you down. He promises.
yippie

Rockport, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 25, 2012
 
So if you don't believe in Jesus why do you celebrate Christmas if it's all about how Jesus was born....
mothfly wrote:
<quoted text>i dont believe in all that jesus stuff but all i care about is making my kids. Smile. because they are all i have that love me respect me and follow me and listen to every word i speak to them..

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 25, 2012
 
faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves to see you smile too. He also loves you, respects you, follows you and will listen to every word you speak. Give him a try. He won't let you down. He promises.
will he accept me for bei ng bisexual and for my 14 yr and 7 yr old havng feelings for women and men they r young and know what they feel. And believe in god will he still reject them????

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 25, 2012
 
yippie wrote:
So if you don't believe in Jesus why do you celebrate Christmas if it's all about how Jesus was born....<quoted text>
idk anymore to me its about buying gifts
And becoming broke at the end of the year...
Friend

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 25, 2012
 
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>So what did you do all day? Sit around and feel superior to everyone else. When your kids end up skinning cats and going goth this may be a reason why.[/QUOTE]

No we didn't sit around all day feeling superior to everyone else. I'll leave that to you.
We took our kids to the nearby homeless shelter to help volunteer and help out people less fortunate than us. Sorry if you think it's more important to give our children material items than it is to teach them that those things won't last forever. Giving them phones, games, TVs and such is just another way of keeping your kids busy so they won't be in the way.
Friend

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 25, 2012
 
mommy dearest wrote:
<quoted text>I just think you're a cheap a$$ who tried to use that as an excuse. That's just wrong. Bet your kids hate you. Every kid deserve at least a gift.
As long as they have clothes to wear, food to eat and a roof over their heads my kids are happy. Just so you know, my kids are the ones who asked that we not buy gifts this year. They took their money and donated to the homeless shelter so other kids could have something.

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 25, 2012
 
yippie wrote:
So if you don't believe in Jesus why do you celebrate Christmas if it's all about how Jesus was born....<quoted text>
to me jesus is a myth...and i will not deny what they want to believe, my mate believes in jesus /god..

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 25, 2012
 
But if my kids want o believe in what u guys believe then so be it ...

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 25, 2012
 
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
No we didn't sit around all day feeling superior to everyone else. I'll leave that to you.
We took our kids to the nearby homeless shelter to help volunteer and help out people less fortunate than us. Sorry if you think it's more important to give our children material items than it is to teach them that those things won't last forever. Giving them phones, games, TVs and such is just another way of keeping your kids busy so they won't be in the way.
that is so natural un how u guys do it....every family has thier own ritual....

Since: Nov 12

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 25, 2012
 
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as they have clothes to wear, food to eat and a roof over their heads my kids are happy. Just so you know, my kids are the ones who asked that we not buy gifts this year. They took their money and donated to the homeless shelter so other kids could have something.
thats amazing ur kiddos are saints...
Messed up

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 26, 2012
 
Had some money problems have a good job make good money but not enough for wife she needs maids and babysitters got my kids everything they asked Santa for got used to spend over 1200$ on her fam then found a Devorce lawyer card in car what a gift to open huh life's a bitch n gold diggers will always be gold diggers remember to anyone eles out there they may be beautiful but u don't deserve to be used and treated like what comes out ur back hole
faith

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 26, 2012
 
mothfly wrote:
<quoted text>will he accept me for bei ng bisexual and for my 14 yr and 7 yr old havng feelings for women and men they r young and know what they feel. And believe in god will he still reject them????
Yes he will accept you no matter what. Jesus still loves you and he will never reject them either if they seek him.
Wonderful Christmas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 26, 2012
 
Well.... We believe in God and go to church and my children know the meaning of Christmas... My children also know that anything we have is because we are blessed by God to have it.(along with hard work and dedication)
20 yr old (not in our home)- American Eagle clothes, cologne etc.
14yr old- American Eagle, A&M Clothes, Video Games, basketball, football and a .308 Deer rifle.
7yr old- American Eagle, truck toys, drawing supplies, Cross for her room, a new Saddle and a .22 pink rifle.
(before you bash me on the guns- we are from the ranch, hunt, keep our guns locked in gun cabnnets and practice safety with out children (guns DONT kill people, PEOPLE kill PEOPLE.))
As a FAMILY- tickets to the Cotton Bowl at the Cowboy Stadium!!!:)
Life is good and God has blessed us with health and everything we enjoy in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Alice Forum right now

Search the Alice Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Homewrecking Women 4 min Fault 8
Sonya Chapa 4 min The truth 11
Stop calling my Husband 6 min duke of duval 7
Keep A Word & Drop A Word (Dec '11) 11 min Spirit67 6,553
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 min Imperial Chicano 21,376
tacobell in alice? (Jul '10) 13 min Well 14
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Imperial Chicano 16,984
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alice Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Alice News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alice
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••