First Prev
of 2
Next Last
STEX

Sinton, TX

#1 Aug 16, 2010
DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE BAD ACCIDENT THAT TOOK PLACE IN ORANGE GROVE THIS MORNING ... ON THE RADIO THIS MORNING THY STATED IT WAS PRETTY BAD.
echo

Portland, TX

#2 Aug 16, 2010
read all about it in the ALICEECHONEWS.COM
STEX

Sinton, TX

#3 Aug 16, 2010
ALREADY DID BUT I'M LIMITED TO INFO UNLESS I PAY TO SUBSCRIBE TO GET THE FULL STORY .. JUST BEING NOSY THTS ALL .. AND I WANT THE INFO FOR FREE .... LOL
echo

Portland, TX

#4 Aug 16, 2010
man driving gold dodge veered into other lane hitting woman driving black explorer. dont know why man swerved into other lane. He died on scene woman died enroute to hospital in Harlingen. Man 30 woman 38 doesnt say where they were from
echo

Portland, TX

#5 Aug 16, 2010
you get what you pay for lol
accident

United States

#6 Aug 16, 2010
prayers go out to both families. If anyone has info on who these victims were, please share...
STEX

Sinton, TX

#7 Aug 16, 2010
WELL THANKS FOR THE 411 IN REGARDS TO THE TRAGIC ACCIDENT .. HOWEVER I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE ALICE ECHO MUST CHARGE ... THE CORPUS CHRISTI CALLER TIMES CAN BE FULLY ACCESSED WITH DETAILED INFO WITHOUT A FEE.. MAYBE THE ECHO SHOULD RE THINK THE FEE.. JUST MY 2 CENTS , NO BIG DEAL ... GOOD DAY TO YOU
jar jar jar

United States

#8 Aug 16, 2010
echo wrote:
you get what you pay for lol
no one wants to pay for a dead newspaper so STFU!
echo

Portland, TX

#9 Aug 16, 2010
STEX wrote:
WELL THANKS FOR THE 411 IN REGARDS TO THE TRAGIC ACCIDENT .. HOWEVER I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE ALICE ECHO MUST CHARGE ... THE CORPUS CHRISTI CALLER TIMES CAN BE FULLY ACCESSED WITH DETAILED INFO WITHOUT A FEE.. MAYBE THE ECHO SHOULD RE THINK THE FEE.. JUST MY 2 CENTS , NO BIG DEAL ... GOOD DAY TO YOU
I subcribed last year when the paper first started charging and my credit card has only been billed one time. And I think the Corpus paper can afford to have free online access because they have more daily readers. People in Alice would rather sit infront of their computer and read the paper than walk outside and pick it up from their yard, me included lol And I also think the paper was trying to cut down on the heated debates about some articles, but as you can see thru Topix people will always find a way to have their opinion heard
Chanel 10 online info

United States

#10 Aug 16, 2010
Posted: Aug 16, 2010 1:55 PM
ALICE - Officials have identified the two people who were killed following a head-on collision this morning northeast of Alice. 
The accident happened just before 7 a.m. on Highway 359. 
DPS investigators say 30-year-old John Vanecek of Beeville veered into the opposite lane of traffic and hit 39-year-old Sabrina Mae Johnson. 
Vanecek died at the scene. Johnson, an Alice resident, died on the way to a Harlingen hospital. 
Both drivers were wearing seat belts. 
The cause of the crash hasn't been determined. 
(God bless both families. Our condolences & prayers are w/ them)
accident

United States

#11 Aug 16, 2010
Chanel 10 online info wrote:
ALICE - Officials have identified the two people who were killed following a head-on collision this morning northeast of Alice. 
DPS investigators say 30-year-old John Vanecek of Beeville veered into the opposite lane of traffic and hit 39-year-old Sabrina Mae Johnson. 
Vanecek died at the scene. Johnson, an Alice resident, died on the way to a Harlingen hospital. 
Thank You very much for the information. May these two unfortunate souls rest in peace.
accident

United States

#12 Aug 16, 2010
OMG!! just heard that the male was an LVN at Retama Nursing Home, Where he was pulling doubles left and right! being overworked like Retama always does to their employees. Fatigue. SOMEONE SHOULD CALL OSHA!!!!!!!!!
Chanel 10 online info

United States

#13 Aug 16, 2010
accident wrote:
<quoted text> OMG!! just heard that the male was an LVN at Retama Nursing Home, Where he was pulling doubles left and right! being overworked like Retama always does to their employees. Fatigue. SOMEONE SHOULD CALL OSHA!!!!!!!!!
Yes, he did work @ Retama, & yes he was pulling double shifts. All his co workers & supervisiors told him all the time to stay there to rest for a few hours before driving home. He refused everytime!!! This is a very sad situation. We have all pulled double shifts just to help out our family, or to make ends meet. In Johns case,he was helping out his parents. There is no law against doubling!! If that's the case, CALL OSHA ON EVERY HOSPITAL, NURSING HOME, & EVERY OIL FIELD COMPANY AROUND!!! Don't start pointing fingers if you don't know all the facts!!! OUR CONDOLENCES TO BOTH FAMILIES...
lives lost

United States

#14 Aug 16, 2010
<quoted text>
Yes, he did work @ Retama, & yes he was pulling double shifts. All his co workers & supervisiors told him all the time to stay there to rest for a few hours before driving home. He refused everytime!!! This is a very sad situation. We have all pulled double shifts just to help out our family, or to make ends meet. In Johns case,he was helping out his parents. There is no law against doubling!! If that's the case, CALL OSHA ON EVERY HOSPITAL, NURSING HOME, & EVERY OIL FIELD COMPANY AROUND!!! Don't start pointing fingers if you don't know all the facts!!! OUR CONDOLENCES TO BOTH FAMILIES...
It should have been demanded! 4 days straight 16 hour shifts, 60 mile drive home ONE WAY!!! What were these supervisors thinking!!!! Cover the floor, forget this nurse is human!!! Shame on Retama's Supervisors!!!
Chanel 10 online info

United States

#15 Aug 16, 2010
lives lost wrote:
<quoted text> It should have been demanded! 4 days straight 16 hour shifts, 60 mile drive home ONE WAY!!! What were these supervisors thinking!!!! Cover the floor, forget this nurse is human!!! Shame on Retama's Supervisors!!!
You obviously don't know the facts!! Typical Alice people talking out of term. He WAS originally from Beeville. He lived in Orange Grove, that's 10 minutes away! Sorry but we are all adults, not children. Once someone is off the clock, you can't make them do anything. & yes, the shifts were picked up by CHOICE!! Nursing shortage is everywhere! This is just a tragic outcome. It's only evident that an investigation takes place. Reguardless, there is no need for all this.. We all should be praying for the families that have lost their loved ones... I suggest you do the same
lives lost

United States

#16 Aug 16, 2010
Sure. Keep thinking that way, you might, just might start feeling better about yourself. Obviously you are either an employee of Retama or a Supervisor there....shame on you!!! to both families of this tragic situation.....My condolences....SUE RETAMA FOR ALL THEIR WORTH!!!!!
Ur friend

United States

#17 Aug 16, 2010
Man John was the best effing LVN that Retama ever had!!!..and RETAMA WORKED HIM TO DEATH!!!...And maybe if the "on call nurse" would of done his damn job and covered the floor instead of asking the same person to pick up shifts he would be here...ask any and everyone who worked with or known him, they will all tell u nothing but good about him...this sortage on staff has gone far enough, 2 lifes were taken cause " Retama" wants to look good for state...I LOVE U JOHN AND I WISH THIS TRAGITY DIDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN, MAY U REST IN PEACE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN
JRB

Sinton, TX

#18 Aug 17, 2010
the sad part is they go to the person who they know needs the cash and has a hard time saying no to do all the doubling. The retama doesnt care about there employees at all and i sometimes wondering if they even care about there residents or is it just a money thing. This tragic accident could of been avoided if the "oncall nurse" wasnt so fu**ing lazy and taken some of the shifts like hes supposed to. I hope the retams gets F**KED. I LOVE YOU JOHN & I KNOW ILL SEE YOU AGAIN IN THE AFTER LIFE.
some

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 Aug 17, 2010
jar jar jar wrote:
<quoted text>
no one wants to pay for a dead newspaper so STFU!
nicely put!
STEX

Sinton, TX

#20 Aug 17, 2010
THIS TOPIC WAS ABOUT THE ACCIDENT NOT HOW MUCH HE WORKED OR DIDN'T WORK .. NONE THE LESS JUST SHOW EMPATHY ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maria Mya Benavides 3 min The girl next door 2
Church Unlimited closing 😿 5 min reread 31
Deliza Shoe 10 min Stfu already Dumb... 6
Dirty water 12 min geez 12
new keep a word and drop a word (Mar '17) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 5,285
Keep A Word & Drop A Word (Dec '11) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 10,341
Chupaverga biker gang 1 hr Stfu already Dumb... 2

Alice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance