rafa home for druggies

Posted in the Alice Forum

rosie

United States

#1 Dec 13, 2012
What's up with so many of these people swompping the streets of Alice Texas, we need to get them out of hee they need to go off and real jobs there criminals, ex druggies pimps tapestry u name it.but there organizhis don't encourage them to get out in the ralwirl to work.there's a man that has been there for 21 years.they are profiting from u buying.
Kush 420

El Monte, CA

#2 Dec 13, 2012
These ppl dont have lives the director genado&rita H. Are x heroin junky and prostituta from el paso came to these small towns where no one knows them and try to make a living on other x junkys all the $$$ goes into there pockets and not to what they tell u its for what these ppl need to do is get real jobs the ppl of alice should stop giving these bums there $$$ and stop feeling sorry for them
Tata

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2012
I think the law needs to assure every person works if not some type of consequence has to be issued to all the people without a job there can be no excuse at all even the disabled work
How you know

Alice, TX

#4 Dec 13, 2012
ITS NOT LIKE THAT, MY BRO WAS THERE AND HE SAID NO SUCH THINGS. SOME OF THOSE GUYS ARE TRULY TRYING TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVES AND GOD BLESS THEM. I WENT TO GO VISIT MY BRO THERE AND HEARD SOME OF THEM TELL ME HOW MUCH GOD HAD BLESSED THEIR LIVES THRU THE RAFA HOUSE.
Mer

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2012
How you know wrote:
ITS NOT LIKE THAT, MY BRO WAS THERE AND HE SAID NO SUCH THINGS. SOME OF THOSE GUYS ARE TRULY TRYING TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVES AND GOD BLESS THEM. I WENT TO GO VISIT MY BRO THERE AND HEARD SOME OF THEM TELL ME HOW MUCH GOD HAD BLESSED THEIR LIVES THRU THE RAFA HOUSE.
That may be, but why are so many out on the street almost everyday harassing people? Why not just hold a fund raiser or something else besides baked goods all the time?

The other fun thing is I never see them with: a solicitation permit issued by the city of Alice. Oh then the flagrant disregard for merchants who display the "no soliciting" signs.
hmmm

Alice, TX

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Mer wrote:
<quoted text>That may be, but why are so many out on the street almost everyday harassing people? Why not just hold a fund raiser or something else besides baked goods all the time?

The other fun thing is I never see them with: a solicitation permit issued by the city of Alice. Oh then the flagrant disregard for merchants who display the "no soliciting" signs.
I've met some people from the Rapha house and they are really trying to improve their lives. Not all of the people selling items are from the. Rapha house...those are the people that need to go. Some of the guys that continue to live at the home are working in prison miniseries, helping others that have just entered their program, etc.

Please don't judge them based on their looks or past. Everyone deserves a chance and addiction is a crippling DISEASE. I also applaud them for treating the whole family, not just the addict. They take in whole families and give them a roof over their heads, food, clothing. Ya I guess they do sound like an evil group.

Another thing: have you ever priced rehab? If you don't have insurance you are screwed. The Rapha House is helping our community. I say God Bless them!!
Tata

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2012
I was not judging the Rafa house but instead all drug addicts who do not want to change n steal to get their next fix
Special Ed Instructor

United States

#8 Dec 14, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I've met some people from the Rapha house and they are really trying to improve their lives. Not all of the people selling items are from the. Rapha house...those are the people that need to go. Some of the guys that continue to live at the home are working in prison miniseries, helping others that have just entered their program, etc.
Please don't judge them based on their looks or past. Everyone deserves a chance and addiction is a crippling DISEASE. I also applaud them for treating the whole family, not just the addict. They take in whole families and give them a roof over their heads, food, clothing. Ya I guess they do sound like an evil group.
Another thing: have you ever priced rehab? If you don't have insurance you are screwed. The Rapha House is helping our community. I say God Bless them!!
That may be, but that still didn't answer my questions. There are still laws pertaining to solicitation. Most charities usually have a table set up outside the store so they don't infringe on the other businesses.

Then there is still the matter of obtaining the city permits allowing you to solicit and every so often I do see them handing out pamphlets identifying themselves as being from the Rafa House.

Now with all of that, there are other groups out there doing the same thing, but who knows who is affiliated with who.
hmmm

United States

#9 Dec 14, 2012
Special Ed Instructor wrote:
<quoted text>That may be, but that still didn't answer my questions. There are still laws pertaining to solicitation. Most charities usually have a table set up outside the store so they don't infringe on the other businesses.

Then there is still the matter of obtaining the city permits allowing you to solicit and every so often I do see them handing out pamphlets identifying themselves as being from the Rafa House.

Now with all of that, there are other groups out there doing the same thing, but who knows who is affiliated with who.
I don't know - let's just all start running them over in our cars. Survival of the fittest. Just proves my point that Alice is the portal to hell
Mer

United States

#10 Dec 14, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know - let's just all start running them over in our cars. Survival of the fittest. Just proves my point that Alice is the portal to hell
Shhhh!!! Don't give away all of the secrets!!!! No one was supposed to know!!!

Btw, what is the point system so I can keep score?
janie

El Monte, CA

#11 May 27, 2014
If you want to know more about the "ex junkies" who opened this organization to help others with drug abuse problems them u can Google their book. Its very interesting. And uplifting. And don't say u have no time to do that cause if u had enough time to sit here and get on topix and down people who are doing nothing but trying to better they lives then uve got time to Google it. Educate yourselves before trying to blast aomebody .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real men don't..... 13 min Miley Cyrus-Monte... 15
Peyton Manning 28 min lol 8
why is it that mexican alice women dye their bl... (Nov '13) 33 min Forrest Gump 92
Texan Fans Be Like... 42 min lol 4
Lupita 59 min Miley Cyrus-Monte... 4
Hot chick 1 hr El Payaso 8
pathetic man! 1 hr TOLOT Guy 6
Alice Dating
Find my Match

Alice Jobs

Alice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alice News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alice

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]