Alice 24/7 and its lack of journalist...

Alice 24/7 and its lack of journalist integrity....

Posted in the Alice Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Call the Duck a Duck

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Aug 28, 2011
First, Alice 24/7 is not the City's website. It is, however, controlled by the same individuals that formerly controlled the Echo. It is no secret that the Echo suffered under their so called "reign". Since when does a local paper, such as the Echo, endorse political candidates? It dosen't. The individuals running Alice 24/7 are the former Editors of the Echo. You will find that the reporting done by this website is the exact type of reporting previously done by the Echo. These "so called journalists" only report what they are TOLD to report. They fail, as they always have, to present all angles of a story. Isn't it strange that the politicians they so often quote are the same politicians they endorsed while at the Echo? Isn't is strange that their major advertiser was the former major advertiser for the Echo? Why? Because they print exactly what they are told to print. In January of this year Nicole Perez wrote a page long editorial opinion piece regarding the Premont and Ben Bolt School Boards. She called both Boards ignorant for accepting the resignations of Dr. Grace Everett and Dr. Leo Cano. She rambled on and on about what wonderful experienced administrators they both were. How their proven track records at previous districts should indicate such, blah blah blah. She accused the both Boards of "playing politics" at the expense of the children. I assumed Ms. Perez had arrived at her opinion based on facts......wrong. When I read Premont's letter (including all 24 attachments) on the Caller Times I was completely floored. It was extremely apparent that the Administration played a MAJOR role in the recent demise of that district. Thank you Caller Times for you fair and accurate reporting.

So, in a nut shell, this website, its owners and affiliates are a big joke. They are a pack of "back scratchers" and that is all they will ever be. I, for one, am delighted to pull up the Echo on line and not be slammed with LOVE .....if you miss it, just go to Alice 24/7. Get the picture? I am also grateful that the Echo has been restored to journalism. If you go to Alice 24/7 for your news beware.......your not getting it all. Your only reading what a small selective group in Alice want you to read.

Does anyone find it strange that Alice ISD cuts the tax rate and this "cutting edge bring it to you straight" news web site hasn't even bothered with it? I guess I wouldn't either if I knew that it was done at the expense of the children AND my major contributors would get a little pissed. How do you justify cutting your tax rate when you have released staff and increased classroom sizes because of funding? No no, make no mistake, that tax cut wasn't done for the benefit of the district OR the consideration of ALL taxpayers in a struggling economy. Ms. Perez, who's playing politics at the expense of the children now?
Kwik 4dr

Tomball, TX

#2 Aug 28, 2011
You Nailed This Point !
When you speak the truth - how's that saying go?
LA MENTIRA DURA MIENTRA LA VERDAD LLEGA!

Keep telling it like it is, Call the Duck a Duck!
Due Time

Dallas, TX

#3 Aug 28, 2011
Yes, you are 100% right. I hope these politicos realize that every house made out of cards falls. Maybe the Attorney Generals office should just move into town permanently. Duck, you only hit the tip of the iceberg!
hmmmm

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Aug 29, 2011
City council playing the backscratch game??? Noooo--say it isn't so........
look up 2012 solar flare

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Aug 30, 2011
Call the Duck a Duck wrote:
First, Alice 24/7 is not the City's website. It is, however, controlled by the same individuals that formerly controlled the Echo. It is no secret that the Echo suffered under their so called "reign". Since when does a local paper, such as the Echo, endorse political candidates? It dosen't. The individuals running Alice 24/7 are the former Editors of the Echo. You will find that the reporting done by this website is the exact type of reporting previously done by the Echo. These "so called journalists" only report what they are TOLD to report. They fail, as they always have, to present all angles of a story. Isn't it strange that the politicians they so often quote are the same politicians they endorsed while at the Echo? Isn't is strange that their major advertiser was the former major advertiser for the Echo? Why? Because they print exactly what they are told to print. In January of this year Nicole Perez wrote a page long editorial opinion piece regarding the Premont and Ben Bolt School Boards. She called both Boards ignorant for accepting the resignations of Dr. Grace Everett and Dr. Leo Cano. She rambled on and on about what wonderful experienced administrators they both were. How their proven track records at previous districts should indicate such, blah blah blah. She accused the both Boards of "playing politics" at the expense of the children. I assumed Ms. Perez had arrived at her opinion based on facts......wrong. When I read Premont's letter (including all 24 attachments) on the Caller Times I was completely floored. It was extremely apparent that the Administration played a MAJOR role in the recent demise of that district. Thank you Caller Times for you fair and accurate reporting.

So, in a nut shell, this website, its owners and affiliates are a big joke. They are a pack of "back scratchers" and that is all they will ever be. I, for one, am delighted to pull up the Echo on line and not be slammed with LOVE .....if you miss it, just go to Alice 24/7. Get the picture? I am also grateful that the Echo has been restored to journalism. If you go to Alice 24/7 for your news beware.......your not getting it all. Your only reading what a small selective group in Alice want you to read.

Does anyone find it strange that Alice ISD cuts the tax rate and this "cutting edge bring it to you straight" news web site hasn't even bothered with it? I guess I wouldn't either if I knew that it was done at the expense of the children AND my major contributors would get a little pissed. How do you justify cutting your tax rate when you have released staff and increased classroom sizes because of funding? No no, make no mistake, that tax cut wasn't done for the benefit of the district OR the consideration of ALL taxpayers in a struggling economy. Ms. Perez, who's playing politics at the expense of the children now?
They are on top of everything and doing a great job at it so get over it..
Truth B Told

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Aug 30, 2011
Look up 2012 Solar Flare - sounds to me like u are living in the LAND OF DENIAL!
I personally thought Nicole was on the City of Alice payroll as much as she eats sleeps and talks about CityIssues!
As for the AISD board, well I don't see any real leadership on critical issues n she doesn't report what ought to to be on FRONT PAGE!
oh please

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Aug 30, 2011
look up 2012 solar flare wrote:
<quoted text>
They are on top of everything and doing a great job at it so get over it..
Nicole? Tony? Is this you? Don't be lying now....oh wait, my bad--that's WHAT you do--right? Personally & professionally?
AliceMediaIsCrap

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Aug 30, 2011
You morons are kidding yourselves, both of those "so called" publications (Echo,24/7) are crap. The Alice Echo and it's over abundance of grammatical errors, story inconsistencies, charging for on-line news, and that Cuellar guy who makes every article about his daughter...who gives a shit. 24/7 is like the retarded little brother of an even more retarded Alice Echo.
Michael Thomas

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Aug 30, 2011
Unlike most cowards who refuse to post their real names, I post mine because I stand by what I say. I think you people who keep attacking Alice 24-7 are probably Alice Echo employees or friends who are threatened. I read both sites and must say Alice 24-7 is superior, plus itís free.

I don't know why people have to attack something good for our community regardless of who is doing it.

Be proud of the good things in Alice, show some class and stop posting hateful things about Alice and its people on Topix. It makes Alice and the surrounding communities look bad.

And no, I am not affiliated with Alice 24-7, I just happen to like it.
Rob

Edroy, TX

#11 Aug 31, 2011
the Alice 24-7.com website only tells one side of the story. LIke the old addage states "there are two sides to every story and then there is the truth"
J-Bob

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Aug 31, 2011
Well I'd rather get the one side than no side which is what the Alice Echo gives. Plus the Echo put my aunt's obituary on the sports page. C'mon guys, have some respect.
jarjarjar

Lolita, TX

#15 Sep 2, 2011
Real smart Tony. You've always thought you were smarter than us Mexicans. I like the way you got your initials ..... TM........ and turned them around...... MT..... and came up with Michael Thomas. I've heard you say you're smarter than the Alice Mexicans, but you're not. We don't need your racist ass either. I know you are married to a Mexicana but Nicole has always been an Oreo...... real dark on the outside, but White inside.
Jack of All Trades

Sinton, TX

#16 Sep 2, 2011
jarjarjar wrote:
Real smart Tony. You've always thought you were smarter than us Mexicans. I like the way you got your initials ..... TM........ and turned them around...... MT..... and came up with Michael Thomas. I've heard you say you're smarter than the Alice Mexicans, but you're not. We don't need your racist ass either. I know you are married to a Mexicana but Nicole has always been an Oreo...... real dark on the outside, but White inside.
i am amazed how many intelligent mexicanos see exactly what Tony newell r trying to get. Tony wants the EDC director fired so he can get that JOB! gREEDY, gREEDY!
canuseeme

Sinton, TX

#17 Sep 2, 2011
Alice echo news NOW a more fair and balanced approach than the alice24-7 site because nicole n tony kept that rag as their personal toiletpaper -
full of *hit.
who keeps endorsing candidates? Who's acting all holier than though n then keeps 2 0 0 8 voter fraud news still on in 2 0 1 1 ? who's bright idea was it to charge for access to online echo news?
tony baloney n nicole oreo. see a pattern?
YES JARJARJAR THERE R LOTS OF US WHO AGREE WITH U
just saying

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Sep 2, 2011
News is news & I prefer getting it free rather than paying for it!! Not even the caller times charges.
jarjarjar

Lolita, TX

#19 Sep 2, 2011
The days of a gringo and Oreo sellouts trying to run our lives just because they're white are over. Plus do we want someone like Tony Morris representing the city? What if he goes to a conference or city gathering and they is alcohol served. Is he going to get drunk and wreck things again?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 Sep 2, 2011
just saying wrote:
News is news & I prefer getting it free rather than paying for it!! Not even the caller times charges.
Nothing is free in this world.:)
oh Yeah

Corpus Christi, TX

#22 Sep 3, 2011
Michael Thomas wrote:
Unlike most cowards who refuse to post their real names, I post mine because I stand by what I say. I think you people who keep attacking Alice 24-7 are probably Alice Echo employees or friends who are threatened. I read both sites and must say Alice 24-7 is superior, plus itís free.
I don't know why people have to attack something good for our community regardless of who is doing it.
Be proud of the good things in Alice, show some class and stop posting hateful things about Alice and its people on Topix. It makes Alice and the surrounding communities look bad.
And no, I am not affiliated with Alice 24-7, I just happen to like it.
you have to be right. These are probably Echo employees like Ofelia Hunter that really wants the Editor job but can't get little things right like spelleling (joke) or the name of a person Dr. Yolanda Bueno (HUH???) or the name of a company whose employee was in an accident...damn it, why are simple facts so hard to get right!

If those things are wrong, you can only imagine what else is.

Hearing that many of their employees are also leaving and they are hiring new people that don't have journalism degrees and have never worked as reporters...guess anyone can do better than what they are doing now. Ofelia has some great leadership huh?

P.S. At least Alice24-7.com gets the facts right.
Celos are echoing

Corpus Christi, TX

#23 Sep 3, 2011
So people that work with the echo are getting jealous and mad because Alice24-7 is doing good and getting lots of their advertisers??? What a surprise.

I would probably be mad too if a new team was made and kicked me and my team's butt but thats why you can't make stupid mistakes like the echo is makingall the time. Heard (from one of her staff) the new management primarely Ofelia Hunter is not liked by her staff or many others.
So What

Tomball, TX

#24 Sep 3, 2011
If I remember ofelia got hired by Tony n Nicole
Sooo - seems like they r the ones who get all the credit
LoL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you know who I am? 3 hr lol 3
Dina Ranchito restaurant Highway281 4 hr Beantaco 2
Airmed running with expired license (Nov '13) 4 hr Chippy 4
Alice 5 hr Abc 23
Loni charles mom 6 hr Kayla 3
Kristian Ramirez Douche Bag 7 hr Still believe 5
Trump 9 hr lol 3

Alice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alice Mortgages