For Women, Romney's the Man

Posted in the Algood Forum

Parent of 2009

United States

#1 May 16, 2012
It's Mitt and not Barack they want according to a new poll
2 hrs ago by Dain Fitzgerald

The Obama-Romney swagger gap is well established, but the news upsetting current wisdom is the Obama-Romney gap among women: It's now Mitt Romney who can claim their allegiance.
Relatively speaking, anyway. Paul Bedard at The Washington Examiner reports on a somewhat under-reported factoid showing that Romney is leading among female voters. According to a CBS poll with an apparent stamp of approval from The New York Times, Romney now trumps Obama among women
just saying

Cookeville, TN

#2 May 16, 2012
The "war against woman" that was invented by the left was just an attempt to distract voters from the real issues such as the economy.

The same with Rush calling the slut a slut.
Pres

United States

#3 May 16, 2012
Parent of 2009 wrote:
It's Mitt and not Barack they want according to a new poll
2 hrs ago by Dain Fitzgerald
The Obama-Romney swagger gap is well established, but the news upsetting current wisdom is the Obama-Romney gap among women: It's now Mitt Romney who can claim their allegiance.
Relatively speaking, anyway. Paul Bedard at The Washington Examiner reports on a somewhat under-reported factoid showing that Romney is leading among female voters. According to a CBS poll with an apparent stamp of approval from The New York Times, Romney now trumps Obama among women
Yeah, right. Among female voters in Utah and Alaska. Or female voters with IQs under 100.
wondering

Cookeville, TN

#4 May 16, 2012
Pres wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. Among female voters in Utah and Alaska. Or female voters with IQs under 100.
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...

Next time, think before you post!
Pres

United States

#5 May 16, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Next time, think before you post!
Um,'think' about this: where does the article reflect the geography or IQ of those polled?'Think'- where does article say anything about what questions were asked?
just a dude

United States

#6 May 16, 2012
Pres wrote:
<quoted text>Um,'think' about this: where does the article reflect the geography or IQ of those polled?'Think'- where does article say anything about what questions were asked?
I got 2 to 1 odds your IQ is under 95.
They

Monterey, TN

#7 May 16, 2012
didn't poll me. Romney is totally a male chauvinist that would like nothing more than to set womens' rights back about 50 years. Any woman that votes for Romney is clueless...or maybe she just can't think for herself and believes every word her preacher tells her.
just a dude

United States

#8 May 17, 2012
Bottom line is Obama won in 08 by getting majorities in 3 catigories. Latin vote, African American vote, and women. Polls show he has lost women, gap widening every day. When Rubio is announced as vice for Romney, he might loose the Latin vote too. White left liberals think they are a strong section of the voting process. They are 3% of the total voting population, 12% of democrats. Moderate democrats 28%, blue dog southern conservative democrats 23%, African Americans 20%, Latin 17 %.
wondering

Cookeville, TN

#9 May 17, 2012
just a dude wrote:
<quoted text> I got 2 to 1 odds your IQ is under 95.
Ill take the under on that bet!
disagree

Monterey, TN

#10 May 17, 2012
just a dude wrote:
Polls show he has lost women, gap widening every day. When Rubio is announced as vice for Romney, he might loose the Latin vote too.
I don't really take polls seriously because I think they, like studies can be skewed to fit whatever the desired outcome. What types of women were polled? What socio-economic backgrounds do they have? Did they poll more conservative, religious, atheist or were those things represented equally?
Not everybody responds to polls. I received a pre-recorded poll just the other night which told me that by participating, I COULD win a trip to the Bahamas. What is that all about? Doesn't sound like a real trustworthy poll to me. I hung up because it didn't sound right, enticing someone with a prize. Are you that hard up? But what about those that stayed on line because they WERE lured by a prize? Doesn't sound like a reliable poll to me.
I have participated in polls before and the questions can be leading, especially when they only give you a choice of 2 answers. I had several that were none of the above, so again, not truely accurate.
And, no matter what the polls say, you must think of those that actually get out and vote. I would say more educated women vote than less educated. More finacially secure women vote than those that are not, etc. and when the time comes, Romney will lose the women's vote because he is not for women's rights. Most women I know are not willing to give up what has been so hard won.
just saying

Clarksville, TN

#11 May 17, 2012
The polls were showing a close vote on the marriage amendment in North Carolina up until the last minute.

The amendment ended up passing with over 60% in favor of the ban.

That was not close at all.

I think the people are starting to see through Obama's lies.
KevH

Clarksville, TN

#12 May 17, 2012
Why hasn't the liberal media picked this up?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21460...
Huh

United States

#13 May 17, 2012
disagree wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really take polls seriously because I think they, like studies can be skewed to fit whatever the desired outcome. What types of women were polled? What socio-economic backgrounds do they have? Did they poll more conservative, religious, atheist or were those things represented equally?
Not everybody responds to polls. I received a pre-recorded poll just the other night which told me that by participating, I COULD win a trip to the Bahamas. What is that all about? Doesn't sound like a real trustworthy poll to me. I hung up because it didn't sound right, enticing someone with a prize. Are you that hard up? But what about those that stayed on line because they WERE lured by a prize? Doesn't sound like a reliable poll to me.
I have participated in polls before and the questions can be leading, especially when they only give you a choice of 2 answers. I had several that were none of the above, so again, not truely accurate.
And, no matter what the polls say, you must think of those that actually get out and vote. I would say more educated women vote than less educated. More finacially secure women vote than those that are not, etc. and when the time comes, Romney will lose the women's vote because he is not for women's rights. Most women I know are not willing to give up what has been so hard won.
so more finacially secure, more educated women get out to vote. I agree, but you just described Republican Women. I doubt Obama gets the majority of those votes. And with tighter voter I'd laws in 8 states, Obama will lose the biggest majority of those votes. I think the biggest hit on Obama is the fact that ACORN is out of buisness for voter committing numerous acts fraud. I have heard numbers as high as 8 million questionable votes for Obama was aquired thew the ACORN registrations.
disagree

Monterey, TN

#14 May 17, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text> so more finacially secure, more educated women get out to vote. I agree, but you just described Republican Women.
No, I just described Republican, Democratic and even Independant voting women. There are just as many Democratic voting women as Republican voting women that fit this decription. And don't forget the women that vote for whom they feel is the best candidate based on their (the womens) views on what is important to them, regardless of party.
Huh

United States

#15 May 18, 2012
disagree wrote:
<quoted text>No, I just described Republican, Democratic and even Independant voting women. There are just as many Democratic voting women as Republican voting women that fit this decription. And don't forget the women that vote for whom they feel is the best candidate based on their (the womens) views on what is important to them, regardless of party.
70% of democrats are bottom 50% of wage earners. Just a fact you can't dispute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Algood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy 4th from the Founding Fathers! 3 min Benjamin Franklin 11
single cops in algood? (Feb '14) 51 min Am good citizen 6
Hazzard Life ? Are you kidding me ? (Jun '12) 52 min kentucky 73
Dump Ben Lomand 53 min fibers 10
Review: Volunteer Carpet & Window Cleaning (Dec '11) 1 hr Elmer Jackson 3
Pizza Hut on Neal St 1 hr Smiley 1
cheapest fireworks? 1 hr fiiiiiiiire 1
More from around the web

Algood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE