Senate passes bill that eases rules for permits, reviews

Throwing a nod to business, the Minnesota Senate on Thursday passed a collection of regulatory streamlining measures aimed at boosting statewide job growth. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cjrian

United States

#23 Feb 25, 2011
JAMES wrote:
i remember a day when the federal government had too pass a law because companies wouldn`t stop spraying DDT and it was killing bald eagles among other animals. why didn`t they stop on their own??? so it seems that they were poisoning the world we all live in whithout a care. i`m not saying they are all bad but sometimes they do need to be forced to do whats right
In the early days, DDT was applied full strength and indiscriminately. Today, DDT application has been refined. It's much less expensive to apply discretely, and highly effective. So what the DDT ban now does is sacrifice thousands of human lives every year to malaria, yellow fever and dengue to NOT save any other species.
Caveat

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Feb 25, 2011
Don't give ANY permits if the businesses are not current with paying their corporate, sales, and individual tax debts to the state! Don't reward the crooks!
cjrian

United States

#25 Feb 25, 2011
Caveat wrote:
Don't give ANY permits if the businesses are not current with paying their corporate, sales, and individual tax debts to the state! Don't reward the crooks!
JAIL 'EM!

But, then the DNC would need to hold their next convention in Leavenworth, Kansas.
Mn guy

AOL

#26 Feb 25, 2011
Commissioner Gordon wrote:
For people who don't realize some of these permits that are applied for are sent to multiple agencies with the exact same language. Each agency reviews the application, gets their permit fee and hence justifies their existence. One example would be to upgrade an existing road and needing to apply for permits or reviews through the Corp. of Engineers, MPCA, DNR, County of project, Soil and Water Conservation District for the region, and any local review board. It delays projects and adds costs which are passed on to tax payers paying for the project.
You are so clueless!!! The language that is the same is the project description and the various agencies are looking at different things. What a clueless individual!!
captain quint

Champlin, MN

#27 Feb 25, 2011
Mn guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless!!! The language that is the same is the project description and the various agencies are looking at different things. What a clueless individual!!

ABSOLUTELY WRONG ANSWER. If you've ever applied for a permit involving the MPCA you better keep your checkbook out because at a minimum the city and county are going to want a taste and they aren't looking at a damn thing except your cash.
Commissioner Gordon

Bemidji, MN

#28 Feb 25, 2011
Mn guy wrote:
<quoted text>
They review the same thing MN Guy !!! I have been involved with several of these applications. The only thing that varies is the fee!!!
reality

United States

#29 Feb 26, 2011
To make a comment like you did, I sure hope you are not a teacher.
Mn guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosapian

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Feb 26, 2011
How can Republicans who claim to be pro-family, care less about the health and futures of their children? "Duh, let the corporations pollute, I don't care that asthma and autism rates are skyrocketing"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Brock Lesnar Jul '14 JAB 1
Review: B-Pop Kettle Korn (Mar '14) Jun '14 food junkie 2
Alexandria Jun '14 Kyle 1
C Daniel Olson Jun '14 Jesus 1
Man Indicted In Fatal Alexandria Stabbing (Jun '13) Jun '13 Dr Stinko 1
Emil and Julie Lind, dead or alive? (May '13) Jun '13 RhondaH 3
•••
•••
•••

Alexandria Jobs

•••
•••