Senate passes bill that eases rules f...

Senate passes bill that eases rules for permits, reviews

There are 28 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Senate passes bill that eases rules for permits, reviews. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Throwing a nod to business, the Minnesota Senate on Thursday passed a collection of regulatory streamlining measures aimed at boosting statewide job growth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sideshow Bob

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 25, 2011
"It creates an unavoidable conflict of interest,'' Sen. Linda Higgins, DFL-Minneapolis, said, referring to proposers being allowed to hire third parties to put together the drafts.

You mean like taking campaign contributions from public employee unions and then the same people taking the contributions voting on funding for agencies that use public union employees, and negotiating contracts with the unions? Hmm..........I guess a conflict of interest is only a conflict when it is proposed by Republicans.
Tooner

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 25, 2011
Das is gut!
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 25, 2011
LOL seen Chinese kids with 14 fingers? Or how about incredible rates of cancer recordings?

LOL what was that about Medtronic and it's waste dump?

I don't care how many jobs you bring to my neighborhood....I'm not going to give birth to kids with 16 toes...

If I wanted lax environmental laws...I'd live in the South where everyone is obese and unhealthy.
reality

United States

#5 Feb 25, 2011
anonymous- You are missing the point and intent of the bill. One now needs 14 fingers and 16 toes to avoid drowning in the mass of hazardous waste generated by overlapping rules and regulations which only exist to create job security for those who, with a little coaxing, could actually accomplish something. Too much time is wasted doing overlapping paper work. This bill may help.

“Love is everywhere...”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 25, 2011
Yes, and the toxic aftermath will create even more jobs for our grandchildren and great-granchildren!
Continence

Saint Joseph, MN

#7 Feb 25, 2011
anonymous wrote:
LOL seen Chinese kids with 14 fingers? Or how about incredible rates of cancer recordings?
LOL what was that about Medtronic and it's waste dump?
I don't care how many jobs you bring to my neighborhood....I'm not going to give birth to kids with 16 toes...
If I wanted lax environmental laws...I'd live in the South where everyone is obese and unhealthy.
Can you answer a question for me?

As an adherent of the Democrat Victims Party can you tell me why you believe that ANY human being will want to poison the world they live in? Killing customers is not good business, the business owner if just as impacted as his neighbor. Or is it that "They" are all bad, and your shaaat is all good?
live green

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 25, 2011
The Enviroment is important to me, We need a bill with no loopholes!!!
scarey

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 25, 2011
Commissioner Gordon

Bemidji, MN

#10 Feb 25, 2011
This bill is not intended to eliminate environmental requirements it is intended to eliminate the redundant permitting requirements.
There are many projects that must wait for permitting through multiple agencies that are slowing down job creation and production.
This needs to happen.
sad but true

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 25, 2011
Continence wrote:
<quoted text>Can you answer a question for me?
As an adherent of the Democrat Victims Party can you tell me why you believe that ANY human being will want to poison the world they live in? Killing customers is not good business, the business owner if just as impacted as his neighbor. Or is it that "They" are all bad, and your shaaat is all good?
Money is more important to some people!
Continence

Saint Joseph, MN

#12 Feb 25, 2011
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text> Money is more important to some people!
I view the world through my own prisim....as do you.
Your belief that " Money is more important to some people" is more a reflection of you, than those you would accuse.
The 1st one to holler thief, is a thief.
reality

United States

#13 Feb 25, 2011
So why do so many of you want to continue to create redundant paper work?
sad but true wrote:
<quoted text> Money is more important to some people!
Hey

Prior Lake, MN

#15 Feb 25, 2011
live green wrote:
The Enviroment is important to me, We need a bill with no loopholes!!!
The Enviroment is important to me, We need a bill with no development allowed!!!
Ted of Beverly Hills

Watseka, IL

#16 Feb 25, 2011
What libs find toxic is "work".
That's why they like gov't-union jobs. It may mean employment, but employment doesn't necessarily mean work.
This will be vetoed anyway, the Fleebag-DFL mindset won't accept anything less than stopping all new private business ventures and shutting down all that remain.
Jackpine savage

Glendale, AZ

#17 Feb 25, 2011
Haven't heard "rest assured" since rassler was in the state-house. Watch very carefully as we only have so much clean water. Simple answers to complex issues are usually not!
JAMES

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 25, 2011
Continence wrote:
<quoted text>Can you answer a question for me?
i remember a day when the federal government had too pass a law because companies wouldn`t stop spraying DDT and it was killing bald eagles among other animals. why didn`t they stop on their own??? so it seems that they were poisoning the world we all live in whithout a care. i`m not saying they are all bad but sometimes they do need to be forced to do whats right
Commissioner Gordon

Bemidji, MN

#19 Feb 25, 2011
For people who don't realize some of these permits that are applied for are sent to multiple agencies with the exact same language. Each agency reviews the application, gets their permit fee and hence justifies their existence. One example would be to upgrade an existing road and needing to apply for permits or reviews through the Corp. of Engineers, MPCA, DNR, County of project, Soil and Water Conservation District for the region, and any local review board. It delays projects and adds costs which are passed on to tax payers paying for the project.
neek

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Feb 25, 2011
DFL=Dumb fn Liberals!!!
Unions=Communism!!!

WI...Thumbs up!!!
reality

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2011
Think with both brain cells- It was not the companies, it was the government spraying the DDT, do to the demands of the general public.
JAMES wrote:
<quoted text> i remember a day when the federal government had too pass a law because companies wouldn`t stop spraying DDT and it was killing bald eagles among other animals. why didn`t they stop on their own??? so it seems that they were poisoning the world we all live in whithout a care. i`m not saying they are all bad but sometimes they do need to be forced to do whats right
Continence

Saint Joseph, MN

#22 Feb 25, 2011
JAMES wrote:
<quoted text>
i remember a day when the federal government had too pass a law because companies wouldn`t stop spraying DDT and it was killing bald eagles among other animals. why didn`t they stop on their own??? so it seems that they were poisoning the world we all live in whithout a care. i`m not saying they are all bad but sometimes they do need to be forced to do whats right
And in 3rd world countries 100,000's people die from Malaria....Best/Cheapest way to kill the Mosquitos?....DDT.

There are products you use every day that are "poisoning the world we live in"...

From medicines, to fuel....but hey, as Americans, it is all about us, and our pollution ain't as bad as them 3rd Worlders.

Besides....."we mean well, so its ok"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The sign man (Aug '15) Aug '15 Montigramma 1
News Jennings bank troubles started with expansion (Oct '09) Jul '15 Court romance 5
News Monticello Man Arrested For Domestic Assault by... (Dec '12) Jul '15 Tellitlikeitis 9
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Monticello, MN (Dec '14) May '15 wenischshelly 4
americans better wake up...la. gov. bobby jinda... (Jan '15) Jan '15 MWard 1
Review: Double M Sales Inc (Nov '14) Nov '14 Clyde 1
News Nonprofit's board failed the taxpayers (Sep '14) Sep '14 Its OK to be Normal 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexandria Mortgages