Some state environmental commission m...

Some state environmental commission members cry foul

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Some state environmental commission members cry foul. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

When former Gov. Tim Pawlenty urged revamping a legislative advisory panel on environmental spending in 2004, he decried the politics many critics said had been influencing its decisions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sum It Up

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Mar 2, 2011
reality wrote:
Cat-lover; I do not see the connection of cats, dogs or dolphines with the topic. But then the arrogance of some is a huge problem in the environment, such as cat-poop in the storm sewers. Perhaps a mandatory cat diaper on all felines with-in the city limits would be an appropriate mission of the committee.
Reality, THAT'S CAUSE YOU obviously got a bad labotomy too...'Cat Lover' VERY succinctly conveys that she knows, FIRST-HAND that one of 'enviro. approving-board-members' is an idiot-MORON on other 'NO-brainer' issues too!
~P.S. Be sure to send YOUR personal$-donatation to the tax-funded 'animal-control-org.s' in THIS MORON's district, so we don't have to- K!?!
Frank

United States

#22 Mar 2, 2011
Why not have the "Commission" be made up of qualified citizens who are non-political?

I have noticed, through the years, that alot of the lottery funded projects seem to be focused on studies, funding, etc. for mostly work to be done by the U of M or MNSCU. Just another trough to feed from I guess.
Minnesotaborn

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Mar 2, 2011
all I can say is, Minnesota is a beautiful state. I hope and pray politics $$ had nothing to do getting these men elected to destroy the reason so many of us live here!!!! We the people of Minnesota will watch the bills that are passed and hope they are intelligent decisions, for our state.
More bars in more places

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Mar 3, 2011
Sum It Up wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID- BUT in MOST cases- DEAD WRONG... How long will it take YOU and other 'floater' to check-out NASA's satellite-pics AND the site-study findings of our SUPER-ACCELLERATED, glacier- and polar-cap melts... you're a smart person, WE NEED YOU to HELP slow-er-down... STOP bein' a 'FLOATER', flaunting blatant-ignorance, EDUCATE YOURSELF to 'get on-board for some REAL (NOT BS!! "CO2-credits"!) solutions.(e.g. the accelerated cap-melts shove fresh-water UNDER "super-cold" salted, it rises to surface-our 'climate-system'/the trade-winds, are quickly SUPER-COOLING/SHIFTING-)...
Step back, take a deep breath, and get your little finger off the Caps Lock key my friend. The science is not settled on AGW, and the dedication of a large percentage of the planet's output to mitigation of a fantasy promoted in religion-like fashion by the very people who profit from it seems a bit suspicious to me. None of the climate models hold up without serious "adjustment" of the data, many of the predictions have already been show to be false, and the very process used to manage the issue is political, not scientific. Spend a week checking out the information on http://wattsupwiththat.com , then see if just maybe your faith in the shysters promoting the AGW scam is a little shaken. All I ask is for unbiased information aquired by true scientific method and fairly vetted in the light of the peer review process, not the political arena.
NMWTCHDG

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Mar 3, 2011
Sum It Up wrote:
<quoted text>
NMWTCHDG, So- You think using enviro-$$ to build a multi-bazillion$$-dam to 'stop Asian carp'(already KNOWN not to make didle-squat-diff AND already KNOWN to damage the enviro: chg.s-mixes watershed organisms: MORE 'invasive species'; kills-off mega-fauna via 'altered migration-paths'; causes 'unnatural floods' needing MORE tax-$$!; and IS a BLATANT multi-bil$ tax-GIVEAWAY to the corrupt, elec.-energy slimeguys) IS 'better' than a couple hun-tho-tax-$ to have our bio-researchers coordinate with those who KNOW all about the carp in Japan for an EASIER, REAL-solution... Right?!
~You MUST be one of those unfortunate first, labotomy-experiments.
Wow...who peed in your wheaties? The Coon Rapids Dam is not a hydro-electric dam. It benefits no large money grabbing corporation to fix it, it only benefits all waters upstream on the Mississippi. My comments about spending tax dollars on common sense projects that yield high returns in tough economies must have struck a chord with you? Perhaps if we keep spending on "pie in the sky" research like we have the last decade, we can spiral a little deeper into the abyss. Thank goodness the voters have awakened from their deep and peaceful slumber to set government back on the track of serving the people and not serving big government. P.S. I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing girl swims across a lake to escape capt... Sep '17 Mustang Mike 1
News Minnesota Senate approves use of medical marijuana (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 127
News Sex offender arrested in Rockford (Jun '06) Mar '17 Sue 4
Looking for small cheap apt (Jan '17) Jan '17 Renee Brook 1
Review: Double M Sales Inc (Nov '14) Nov '14 Clyde 1
News Nonprofit's board failed the taxpayers (Sep '14) Sep '14 Its OK to be Normal 6
Brock Lesnar (Jul '14) Jul '14 JAB 1

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexandria Mortgages