Alexandria Disc Golf Course Shuts Dow...

Alexandria Disc Golf Course Shuts Down For Good

There are 5 comments on the KSAX Alexandria story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Alexandria Disc Golf Course Shuts Down For Good. In it, KSAX Alexandria reports that:

The disc golf course at Fillmore Park has been a problem for years, according to some nearby homeowners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSAX Alexandria.

United States

#1 Jan 13, 2010
Yet again we take another free place for kids to have something to do away because some of them wreck it for the others,I am sure the ones wrecking it were the ones who were not minors.

If we don't provide a place where kids can be kids, they WILL figure out some other mischief they can get into

Montevideo, MN

#2 Jan 14, 2010
This is very upsetting to hear! I am from New London and we have a fantastic disc golf course here so I would love to see some of you from Alexandra to come on down to New London to play a round. Hey, it's closer than St. Cloud.

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 18, 2010
It was probably the people living nearby that wrecked the park and they "blame it on the kids" and now won't be bothered by all the people coming and going. Again, what is there for kids to do after school. Goto the park --nope--, nothing to do there, just go home sit in front of the TV and get fat.

Waconia, MN

#4 Jan 25, 2010
WOW that brought in a lot of money for our community I think that closing the disk golf coarse is not good for the community.

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2010
I've been coming up here for vacation for a while, and this year I discovered the disc park was gone. Very lame, I will not be coming back to Alexandria for a vacation, because there is no where to throw. Alex is becoming a retirement community, and if something doesn't give soon, its going to become another boring run down ghost town. Very shitty deal, disc golf is not a crime. Id like to see this town try and take a regular golf course away, wouldn't happen cuz there's to many old people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
October 29 2016 Award Honoree Garrison Keillor Sep 27 Water Usage 1
The sign man (Aug '15) Aug '15 Montigramma 1
News Jennings bank troubles started with expansion (Oct '09) Jul '15 Court romance 5
News Monticello Man Arrested For Domestic Assault by... (Dec '12) Jul '15 Tellitlikeitis 9
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Monticello, MN (Dec '14) May '15 wenischshelly 4
americans better wake gov. bobby jinda... (Jan '15) Jan '15 MWard 1
Review: Double M Sales Inc (Nov '14) Nov '14 Clyde 1

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexandria Mortgages