Scanner

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I'm trying to find the name of an Airman that was stationed at England AFB and killed at a bar, maybe the Cave?, shortly before July 31, 1967. I believe he was knifed to death. I contacted the newspaper, Town Talk by email to Ed Humphrey and getting no reply called and talked to him. He said a Jim Smilie would be calling me but that didn't happen. I'm sure something like this would have been in the paper, but I live in West Virginia, so you can understand why I'm not doing this myself. I'm just wondering if anyone can direct me to a person that would be willing to look at a few old papers to see if they could find something. July 31 was a Monday and I think the murder was the previous Friday or Saturday.
I can be reached at
hinton1000@aol.com
Scanner

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Continuing the above. Can anyone tell me where the old newspapers for the Alexandria area are kept? Something like a historical society that may have old papers on file. I knew the person that was killed and roomed with him for a short period, but, have forgotten his name. I'm sure, like I've already said, that something about this would have been in the paper. Living in West Virginia makes it difficult and Town Talk has not, as of yet, been cooperative.
I can be reached at the above email address.
memory lane

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Scanner wrote:
Continuing the above. Can anyone tell me where the old newspapers for the Alexandria area are kept? Something like a historical society that may have old papers on file. I knew the person that was killed and roomed with him for a short period, but, have forgotten his name. I'm sure, like I've already said, that something about this would have been in the paper. Living in West Virginia makes it difficult and Town Talk has not, as of yet, been cooperative.
I can be reached at the above email address.
The main Rapides Parish library may have those old papers on microfilm from that time period. That would be your best bet. Other than that, there is an assistant chief still at the alexandria city police dept. named Jimmy Hay. Call the police dept. tomorrow and ask for assitant chief Hay. If he does not know, call Fast Eddy's bail bonds on 8th st. alexandria and ask for owner eddie carter. He is old enough to know that and his office is a block away fromt the Cave. Good luck.
Scanner

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Thank you, memory lane
Scanner

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Memory Lane: I called the Assistant Chief Jimmy Hay. He was very nice and helpful and will probably be getting back to me later. I next called the library and they were just so helpful. I talked to some really nice lady that said they would lookup the old paper for me and to call back in an hour. I did and she gave me all the information I needed and anther person, they were busy, read the entire article to me. I can't think you enough for taking your time to help me with this.
memory lane

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Scanner wrote:
Memory Lane: I called the Assistant Chief Jimmy Hay. He was very nice and helpful and will probably be getting back to me later. I next called the library and they were just so helpful. I talked to some really nice lady that said they would lookup the old paper for me and to call back in an hour. I did and she gave me all the information I needed and anther person, they were busy, read the entire article to me. I can't think you enough for taking your time to help me with this.
You are welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Alexandria Discussions

Search the Alexandria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 3 hr Living Wage 2,612
ball foods Sun SHOPPER 1
Rapides Sheriff's Office prostitution operation... Sun What a sham 1
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Jul 18 TreeFrog 15
Will P'ville City Court Judge have to recuse he... Jul 18 Keep It Clean 1
Pineville city judge Jul 17 Who to vote 4 12
Next Alexandria City Marshal Jul 17 Observant 2
•••
•••
•••
Alexandria Dating

more search filters

less search filters