who do you want to be the next rapide...
woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#20114 Feb 22, 2014
Samesong wrote:
Well that did not take long. Slocum is back working at RPSO despite what he wrote and said. My prediction is that one day short of Hiltons first term is over, Hilton will resign and slide Slocum in as sheriff. OR, he will do that at the end of his second term.
Also, Chuck is back from TX and is testing the waters about running again.
Do not think you will have to worry about Hilton in second term. He did not run for the present term to benefit the people of Rapides Parish. He only run due to his personal vendetta against Wagner. He succeeded along with bringing all his garbage with him. He and Obama run a big race as to which one can lie the most. Hilton will probable run his hand picked man next round. Boy how would you like to be backed by a guy who picks and chooses enforcing the law on his friends and depending who you are. Then all the lies under his belt. Cannot wait.
Doctor Roof

San Antonio, TX

#20115 Feb 23, 2014
woodworth wrote:
<quoted text>Do not think you will have to worry about Hilton in second term. He did not run for the present term to benefit the people of Rapides Parish. He only run due to his personal vendetta against Wagner. He succeeded along with bringing all his garbage with him. He and Obama run a big race as to which one can lie the most. Hilton will probable run his hand picked man next round. Boy how would you like to be backed by a guy who picks and chooses enforcing the law on his friends and depending who you are. Then all the lies under his belt. Cannot wait.
ALL of these candidates sound like reeeal losers.
Raised in Rapides

Richardson, TX

#20116 Feb 26, 2014
I guess the Sheriff's budget is good being that he is able to hire people left and right. Even the Baden family has called in their favors. Now Slocum is back - What a Circus !!!
Indiana 2

Mountain View, CA

#20117 Feb 28, 2014
Raised in Rapides wrote:
I guess the Sheriff's budget is good being that he is able to hire people left and right. Even the Baden family has called in their favors. Now Slocum is back - What a Circus !!!
Wonder how Robinson likes that? I will bet in a few months he is gone. Slocum as Major over the line..... its coming!!
woodworth

Glenmora, LA

#20118 Mar 1, 2014
Yep, Slocum is back. Robinson going be out. But what about Wood? Will he lose his fair haired status wit Willie. Wow I smell trouble in the ranks. It is so funny.
Human Debasement Team

San Antonio, TX

#20119 Mar 2, 2014
woodworth wrote:
Yep, Slocum is back. Robinson going be out. But what about Wood? Will he lose his fair haired status wit Willie. Wow I smell trouble in the ranks. It is so funny.
Don't forget the new gay factor.
Samesong

Pineville, LA

#20120 Mar 3, 2014
Human Debasement Team wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the new gay factor.
Explain please.
RIP 2015

Pineville, LA

#20121 Mar 5, 2014
WILLIAM EARL HILTON IS NOT THE PERSON MOST PEOPLE THINK HE IS. HE IS A COLD HEARTED POLITICIAN. HE JUST WANTS THE TITLE "Sheriff" before his name and that is it.
DIRTYCOP GOESFREE

Pineville, LA

#20122 Mar 5, 2014
What is the holdup on getting Michal Lacour, former METRO narcotics commander prosecuted? RPSO METRO commander was busted several years ago for malfeasance in office and several drug charges. He hired George Higgins, a semi heavy hitting defense attorney, yet it has not come to trial. Seems like Yeager wanted to give him 20 hard ones and Lacour said he could not do ANY time so he would not plea out.
Yeah right

Fort Necessity, LA

#20123 Mar 6, 2014
Quote: "What is the holdup on getting Michal Lacour, former METRO narcotics commander prosecuted?"

Prosecution ain't gonna happen.
It's the political embarassment factor.
Michael Lacour wasn't the problem. He was a symptom of inept law enforcement, oversight and prosecution.
Lacour's conviction might have brought some justice, but the testimony made public would have opened a can of worms the likes have never been seen in this parish.

There's a dark side to Rapides Parish.
DIRTYCOP GOESFREE

Pineville, LA

#20124 Mar 8, 2014
Yeah right wrote:
Quote: "What is the holdup on getting Michal Lacour, former METRO narcotics commander prosecuted?"
Michael Lacour wasn't the problem. He was a symptom of inept law enforcement, oversight and prosecution.
Lacour's conviction might have brought some justice, but the testimony made public would have opened a can of worms the likes have never been seen in this parish.
I heard that Lacour had a lot, I mean a lot, of dirty laundry he wants to air if it goes to trial and he is using that as leverage. Some high profile folks to the common joe. Any truth to that? Sad thing is all the cronies aka underlings who were neck deep in his drug dealings take a free walk as well. That should have been turned over to another agency and all involved brought to justice. Justice with a suitable and proper ending. Now it is just dying on the vine while Leroy and bubba sitting in jail for selling an ouce of weed or a gram of crack. Sounds fair huh.
RIP 2015

Pineville, LA

#20125 Mar 9, 2014
Yeah right wrote:
There is a dark side to Rapides Parish, so very very true.
Beaner Control Squad

San Antonio, TX

#20126 Mar 9, 2014
It's time to bring in outsiders to get the job done.
We be doomed

Fort Necessity, LA

#20127 Mar 9, 2014
So many of us listen to what the politicians promise rather than what they actually do. There are "glow words" that work in every election.
"Jobs, economy, fair wage, lower crime rate and of course "honesty".
Just empty words yet so many believers.
If voters would only look at past efforts and/or accomplishments of said candidates they'd realize just how many are nothing more than opportunists.
What has Vitter accomplished after years in Congress? He never authored and passed a single piece of meaningful legislation. Now he wants to be governor. Where's his list of successful representation?
How about Rodney Alexander? He served in the U.S. Congress on the House Appropriations Cmte. He says he worked to reduced spending and worked toward a balanced Federal budget. He failed. Just like Vitter, he accomplished nothing. They ought to re-play the campaign promises from these two.
Rodney Alexander never served in active military, only the reserves. Now he's the Director of Veterans' Affairs for Louisiana. Does Jindal expect us to believe that part timer Alexander was the most qualified in Louisiana?
They make their fortune and move on.
But, it ain't their fault. It's the gullible voters who believe empty promises with their votes who are responsible.
Does the Sheriff's Dept or Police Dept. have a civilian review board that stays informed on internal practices? Nope. That's part of the so called dark side.
No accountability until election time and then it's promise after promise.of change.
After each election it's the same old same old. Generation after generation in Louisiana.
For sure....we be doomed.
samesongdifferen t dance

Pineville, LA

#20128 Mar 14, 2014
We be doomed wrote:
So many of us listen to what the politicians promise rather than what they actually do. There are "glow words" that work in every election.
"Jobs, economy, fair wage, lower crime rate and of course "honesty".
Just empty words yet so many believers.
If voters would only look at past efforts and/or accomplishments of said candidates they'd realize just how many are nothing more than opportunists.
What has Vitter accomplished after years in Congress? He never authored and passed a single piece of meaningful legislation. Now he wants to be governor. Where's his list of successful representation?
How about Rodney Alexander? He served in the U.S. Congress on the House Appropriations Cmte. He says he worked to reduced spending and worked toward a balanced Federal budget. He failed. Just like Vitter, he accomplished nothing. They ought to re-play the campaign promises from these two.
Rodney Alexander never served in active military, only the reserves. Now he's the Director of Veterans' Affairs for Louisiana. Does Jindal expect us to believe that part timer Alexander was the most qualified in Louisiana?
They make their fortune and move on.
But, it ain't their fault. It's the gullible voters who believe empty promises with their votes who are responsible.
Does the Sheriff's Dept or Police Dept. have a civilian review board that stays informed on internal practices? Nope. That's part of the so called dark side.
No accountability until election time and then it's promise after promise.of change.
After each election it's the same old same old. Generation after generation in Louisiana.
For sure....we be doomed.
I agree. If I may add to your thoughts, Forever it seems, that people support and vote for the person that will benefit them, the voter. It has always been "what the politician can do for me." Some families have money, some have many family members that can be swayed to vote together, some have both, money and voters. Seldom is it ever for the best person running. Just listen to the voters long enough and the true reason comes out why they chose to vote for one over the other. I have seen sheriffs in numerous parishes rub elbows with convicted felons and some down right shady people in order to get their money and votes of their family and friends that can lawfully vote. In order to win you must have plenty of money, other peoples money, to run a successful race. That means you have to get in bed with worst of the worst. With that, accepting support of money and votes, comes payback to the supporters. That is where the rub is. The payback. No one gets something for nothing in the political world. Every "favor" has a tremendous debt. That "debt" is corruption, plain and simple.
Louisiana Politics

Fort Necessity, LA

#20129 Mar 15, 2014
Quote: " No one gets something for nothing in the political world. Every "favor" has a tremendous debt. That "debt" is corruption, plain and simple."
Wisely spoken.
RIP 2015

Pineville, LA

#20130 Mar 15, 2014
Louisiana Politics wrote:
Quote: " No one gets something for nothing in the political world. Every "favor" has a tremendous debt. That "debt" is corruption, plain and simple."
Wisely spoken.
I could not have said it better myself.
RIP 2015

Pineville, LA

#20131 Mar 15, 2014
woodworth wrote:
Slocum is back, surprise, surprise, imagine that. And the Sheriff's Office has a Freeze on hiring, due to lack of funds,
retired

Bossier City, LA

#20132 Apr 4, 2014
I worked at the S.O. for over twenty years.Will there ever be a shierff that just does the right thing and stop hiring deadheads. There is more people doing nothing than doing something.
RIP 2015

Pineville, LA

#20133 Apr 4, 2014
How does a former employee, have trustees at her home, cleaning her yard, pool etc. and she and her daughter were having sex with the prisoners, get away with this? She is no longer there but she made a deal with the Sheriff that she would resign if her daughter could stay at R

Example of Corruption: EMPLOYEE AND HER DAUGHTER ALSO AN EMPLOYEE, HAVE TRUSTEES, PRISONERS, AT THEIR HOME, DOING YARD WORK, CLEANING POOL AND IN RETURN THEY HAVE SEX WITH THE PRISONERS, GIVE THEM ALCOHOL ETC. THE OLDER EMPLOYEE (MOTHER) MADE A DEAL WITH WILLIAM EARL, THAT SHE WOULD JUST LEAVE AND SHE DID, BUT HER DAUGHTER IS STILL EMPLOYED BY RPSO, THAT WAS THE DEAL.
IF THAT IS NOT CORRUPTION, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS. BUT THIS STEMS BACK TO THE GRADY KELLEY YEARS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Ribfins uses catfish from China? Feb 18 Catfish Willie 5
What happened to the Pineville Sears store. Feb 12 Jus asking 1
Pineville Music Thread Feb 10 Musikologist 1
woodworth, louisiana is a speed trap (Jun '09) Feb 5 Theyrecrooks 99
Who is the most RUTHLESS Family Law attorney/la... (Feb '14) Feb 2 duped 15
Looking for a man they call Kuz Jan 30 Unknown 1
Rapides parent claims child was "locked in scho... (May '15) Jan 29 Wondering 2

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance