First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Pineville, LA

#1 Aug 6, 2012
After last weeks CFA event, I must say that (1) I support CFA and their right to have an opinion (2) I like their products (3) I have never read, heard, observed, etc. CFA denying anyone with an opinion different from theirs service (4) the liberal press chose not to cover the large outpouring of support for CFA while showing the few "kiss-inns" that caused scenes. I am getting a bit tired of being told I hate someone, some group or some idea because I do not agree with it. The right to disagree and voice my opinion is a right we all have, however, I do not hate those that differ from me. Also, I do not go to a drive thru window, lambast the employee with a verbal tirade, video it and then post it! It is becoming painfully obvious that the liberal definition of disagree is hate. That is nothing but wordsmithing and spin. Personally, I do not care what color you are, what religion you are, what sexual preference you have, what party you support, etc. as long as you do not try to force me to see your side or force me to share your opinion. What you do in the privacy of your home is your business as long as it is not illegal or dangerous.
Alexandria Resident

Alexandria, LA

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for your posting!
i agree 100% with what you stated.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#3 Aug 6, 2012
So you support their discriminatory hiring practices which prevent gay people from working there?

That is definitely hating someone. The company won't hire them because they are gay. The company won't allow them to continue to work there if they come out. Chic fil A cares what sexual preference we have, but they shouldn't.

Dan Cathy donates money to candidates and organizations which all want to tell us what religion we should practice and what sexual preference we should have.

Instead of complaining about the liberal press, hold this business accountable for their poor and unfair business practices. You're one uninformed Louisiana resident if you think this is all about liberal hate. Chic fil A is not at all the business you made it out to be.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Also, if you don't like it when Americans express their right to protest a social injustice, then I will help you pack your bags so you can move to another country.
Alexandria Resident

Alexandria, LA

#5 Aug 6, 2012
Gay Rights wrote:
Also, if you don't like it when Americans express their right to protest a social injustice, then I will help you pack your bags so you can move to another country.
I support the right of anyone to express their opinions.
Apparently you think anyone who has an opinion differnet from your's should be silenced.

And by the way, how many gay persons do you know who have been denied employment at CFA? How many do you know who have been fired for being gay?

Remeber just a few weeks ago President Obama favoerd traditional marriage. Did you raise your voice then?
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#6 Aug 6, 2012
Alexandria Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the right of anyone to express their opinions.
Apparently you think anyone who has an opinion differnet from your's should be silenced.
And by the way, how many gay persons do you know who have been denied employment at CFA? How many do you know who have been fired for being gay?
Remeber just a few weeks ago President Obama favoerd traditional marriage. Did you raise your voice then?
It is well documented that Chic fil A does not hire gay people. It is documented that people have been fired on the spot for being gay. It is a Christian business that chooses to use religion in its daily practices, but as a business, under the laws of the United States, they cannot discriminate in this fashion, but they do and you blindly support it.

Expressing your opinions as a private citizen is not the same as being a business who uses religion to discriminate against hiring certain employees. You are not allowed to use your religious beliefs to run a business in such a way that you employ discriminating hiring practices. Discrimination like that is not protected under the law, nor should it be.

Crying about religious freedoms being silenced while discriminating against an entire group of people under the guise of religious doctrine is hypocrisy.

Go get informed before you make yourself sound any more out of touch with this news story.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#7 Aug 6, 2012
Alexandria Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I have written six letters to the White House since President Obama has been there, asking him to support gay marriage.

I am glad that he has come out in favor of equality, regardless of how he was made to take that stand. I am glad Joe Biden made the gaffe he did. It's about damn time.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#8 Aug 6, 2012
It sickens me to know people went to Chic fil A on that Appreciation Day because they don't want equality in America. It sickens me to know that they feel the way they do about gay people. It sickens me to read the things that were said by people inside those restaurants. It resembles the things people used to say about blacks.

If you want to complain about kiss-ins and people holding signs outside of Chic fil A, you are telling us all you are on the wrong side of history. The same mentality existed about black people when blacks protested using sit-ins, so I do not find it at all surprising that in a southern city, we find the same bigotry being expressed about protests against the social injustice that is religiously motivated homophobia. I grew up with the Civil Rights Movement and now, I am watching the same thing unfold for another group of people. The LGBT community needs American support. They have my support.

I'm a private citizen. I can have my beliefs. You are a private citizen. You can have your beliefs. Dan Cathy is a private citizen. He can have his beliefs. What we cannot do is intertwine those beliefs with a business that must abide by the laws of the USA. You run a fair business or you don't run one at all. This idea of a Christian-oriented business is a scary new trend that can only end badly for the United States. Chic fil A has a very public admission of just how important religion is to their business. It isn't a private opinion and as such, it ceases to be something free from criticism. It becomes discrimination.

The Appreciation Day was designed to say to all of America that Christians disagree with gay rights and equality under the law. It is the Christian support of Chic fil A that has said "my way or the highway." Evangelicals want everyone to oppose gay rights. They are the ones who wish to silence the voices in this country.
Anonymous

Pineville, LA

#9 Aug 6, 2012
I feel sure that if any cogent person researched the so called firings of a person espoused to be gay, there would be other extenuating circumstances other than their sexual preference. That is nothing but a lame excuse that is unfounded and based on Mr. Gay Rights hate of CFA. Try again....
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#10 Aug 6, 2012
Upset1 wrote:
I feel sure that if any cogent person researched the so called firings of a person espoused to be gay, there would be other extenuating circumstances other than their sexual preference. That is nothing but a lame excuse that is unfounded and based on Mr. Gay Rights hate of CFA. Try again....
Evangelicals are not cogent or at all reasonable, so the notion that an authority figure in a business acting in the name of God would operate with completely unbiased motivation is absurd.

If you're anti-gay, you're anti-gay. You see gays as an abomination when you are anti-gay. Such a person wouldn't even flinch at the idea of firing someone over their sexual preference. They'd do it in a heartbeat.
Anonymous

Pineville, LA

#11 Aug 6, 2012
I notice you are quick to place folks that disagree with you into groups. Why can't I have my own opinion? Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth and telling me what I think. You can't possibly know that, you are just twisting words to suit your agenda.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#12 Aug 6, 2012
Upset1 wrote:
I notice you are quick to place folks that disagree with you into groups. Why can't I have my own opinion? Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth and telling me what I think. You can't possibly know that, you are just twisting words to suit your agenda.
Chic fil A is a Christian business, is it not? I am using the correct terms here.

Appreciate Day for Chic fil A was organized by religious groups, was it not? Pushed by an evangelical motive, yes?

I am correct in my word usage.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#13 Aug 6, 2012
Upset1 wrote:
Your original post is the content I am using to base my replies, but a second person is posting above as well. You said things in that post that put you exactly where I know you exist. The other person agrees with you 100 percent. I am addressing both of you with the same brush strokes.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#14 Aug 6, 2012
Ah, I see what the problem is.

You don't know what "You" means.

In Post #11, I don't mean you, You. I mean someone. When someone is anti-gay, they would not flinch to fire a person over sexual preferences.

English is your native language, yes? Read slower, then. Don't take the You's personally when they obviously aren't meant to imply you.
Ilikechickentoo

Pineville, LA

#15 Aug 6, 2012
Hey homo, dont eat there if u dont like it. U compare gays to blacks? Really! Regaurdless of what u think the world does not have to like u. Deal with it and stop crying.
Oh yea, go throw up now!
Akabigdaddy

Pineville, LA

#16 Aug 6, 2012
Gay Rights is sick from too much jizz
dickdonttastelik echicken

North Adams, MA

#17 Aug 7, 2012
God bless chic-fil-a ...wish we had 'em up here in the northeast(unlike mr.gayrights,of which we have WAAAY too many of here in the n.e.)
AnonMouse

Powhatan, LA

#18 Aug 7, 2012
Gay Rights wrote:
So you support their discriminatory hiring practices which prevent gay people from working there?
That is definitely hating someone. The company won't hire them because they are gay. The company won't allow them to continue to work there if they come out. Chic fil A cares what sexual preference we have, but they shouldn't.
Dan Cathy donates money to candidates and organizations which all want to tell us what religion we should practice and what sexual preference we should have.
Instead of complaining about the liberal press, hold this business accountable for their poor and unfair business practices. You're one uninformed Louisiana resident if you think this is all about liberal hate. Chic fil A is not at all the business you made it out to be.
You are totally and absolutely full of shit, no surprise there though. CFA does not screen its employees for 'gayness' when hiring. They even have store managers that are gay, they just leave the bullshit 'in your face gay shit' at home. CFA doesn't discriminate on who they serve either. Dan Cathy donates money to candidates and organizations that support the traditional man/woman marriage. I never ate a a CFA before you gays started your attacks, I made sure I fed every employee I have CFA on 8/1.
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#19 Aug 7, 2012
For the record, I am straight. The homophobia in Alexandria is disgusting.

I can compare gay rights to the Civil Rights Movement because it is about Civil Rights, you fools. This is about equality under the law. Leave it to a bunch of inbred southern hicks to be so oblivious to the inequality in America.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves for expressing this level of hatred.

(Original Poster, Mr. Upset, this is why you are tired of people telling you that you hate people. These last few jerks are standing next to you. You are guilty by association.)
Gay Rights

Shreveport, LA

#20 Aug 7, 2012
AnonMouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally and absolutely full of shit, no surprise there though. CFA does not screen its employees for 'gayness' when hiring. They even have store managers that are gay, they just leave the bullshit 'in your face gay shit' at home. CFA doesn't discriminate on who they serve either. Dan Cathy donates money to candidates and organizations that support the traditional man/woman marriage. I never ate a a CFA before you gays started your attacks, I made sure I fed every employee I have CFA on 8/1.
There have been employees at CFA fired for being gay. I'm sorry you choose to ignore the reality that is CFA's poor business practices. From the top down, it is a Christian organization that exerts its world view upon its employees. There are gay employees who have spoken out, but many of them are still in the closet. If they were to come out, the would face the consequences and the managers in question would find some other excuse to fire them.

This happens to non-whites all the time. Someone is black, but a manager will find some excuse to dismiss them. They are either not hired or fired for reasons of racial discrimination, but it is institutionalized racism, so sadly, people like you don't know the difference.

Lastly, CFA does not leave this "shit" at home. It is their public company mission statement. It is a publicly Christian right-wing business led by people who want to oppress the rights of gays in this country. The "traditional" marriage bullshit is company policy.

What you fail to understand is the dividing line between public and private. That is the root of our differences here. I see a company who has made it its goal to push religious doctrine upon its employees and its business model. CFA and its executives have long held these opinions and use company money and influence to support their agenda. It ceases to become a private opinion when an entire company is the mouthpiece. A company is not a private citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married and on a dating site 18 hr sugar daddy dating 2
dumpster diving in alexandria Aug 20 Taquari 10
Local Politics Do you approve of JACQUES M. ROY as Mayor? (Jan '14) Aug 19 Big D 29
Confederate Statue Aug 16 Genealogy Fan 7
News Dispute over music leads to shooting (May '08) Aug 11 JaddaaB 3
Babysitter needed ASAP Aug 7 Mom101 1
News 27 suspects arrested in Alexandria prostitution... (Sep '09) Aug 3 justbeurself 23

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexandria Mortgages