woodworth, louisiana is a speed trap
Eye wanna no

Fort Necessity, LA

#41 Feb 9, 2013
Woodworth P.D. is a poor excuse for a law enforcement agency. Their salaries are dependent upon writing tickets.
Last year they exceeded their budgeted quota of fines by $300,000. Someone please tell me how a crappy place like Woodworth can take in $1.5 million dollars in traffic fines in one year.
It's criminal and it's the invention of Boss David Butler.
Spare me the local rationale that such enforcement keeps the town safe. The entire town has been built on the backs of hapless passersby who find themselves extorted by insane traffic enforcement.
I'd be ashamed to be associated with any member of that community.
It's a fact that the majority of fines are for speeding 1 or 2 mph over the speed limit.
Automobile manufacturers do not certify regular speedometers to be that accurate.
I frequently drive through Woodworth but would never patronize one of their businesses.
Burn in hell David Butler. You've earned a spot in the hottest corner of it.

“The One and Only”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#42 Feb 9, 2013
It's a shame more Cobras and Vipers don't come through town.
Conan

Jonesville, LA

#43 Feb 9, 2013
Eye wanna no wrote:
Woodworth P.D. is a poor excuse for a law enforcement agency. Their salaries are dependent upon writing tickets.
Last year they exceeded their budgeted quota of fines by $300,000. Someone please tell me how a crappy place like Woodworth can take in $1.5 million dollars in traffic fines in one year.
It's criminal and it's the invention of Boss David Butler.
Spare me the local rationale that such enforcement keeps the town safe. The entire town has been built on the backs of hapless passersby who find themselves extorted by insane traffic enforcement.
I'd be ashamed to be associated with any member of that community.
It's a fact that the majority of fines are for speeding 1 or 2 mph over the speed limit.
Automobile manufacturers do not certify regular speedometers to be that accurate.
I frequently drive through Woodworth but would never patronize one of their businesses.
Burn in hell David Butler. You've earned a spot in the hottest corner of it.
1-2 mph over the speed limit? Horse hockey. I drive through that place at least 20 times a week going back and forth to Alexandria for the past 20 years, ONCE I got stopped. And guess what, I WAS speeding, 11 mph over! K band doppler radar units are factory calibrated to + or - 3 mph. As far as you and the "police officer" crying about being ticketed for less than 10 mph over the speed limit, I call BS. I know for a fact that they allow 10 mph over before issuing a citation. Keep on whining though, surely some other pompous self-centered ass will believe that drivel.
Eye wanna no

Fort Necessity, LA

#44 Feb 9, 2013
Quote " K band doppler radar units are factory calibrated to + or - 3 mph. "

Nobody is talking about a defect in the RADAR, you idiot.
The driver accused of speeding may not be aware he is one or two mph over the limit because unless the speedometer is "certified" it is not as accurate as RADAR.
It's common knowledge that many people are ticketed in Woodworth for one or two mph over the limit.
Back during Katrina, Woodworth P.D. ticketed Red Cross trucks taking hot meals to hurricane refugees in Woodworth.
Butler's hole in the wall town has the dubious distinction as being one of the top speed traps in the United States.
Butler

Pineville, LA

#45 Feb 9, 2013
HarleyTeeFord wrote:
It's a shame more Cobras and Vipers don't come through town.
What the fug does THAT mean?

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#46 Feb 9, 2013
Butler wrote:
<quoted text>
What the fug does THAT mean?
Cobras and Vipers are cars. Famous, fast cars.

Get out from under that rock, and you'll understand a lot more references people make.
Conan

Jonesville, LA

#47 Feb 10, 2013
Eye wanna no wrote:
Quote " K band doppler radar units are factory calibrated to + or - 3 mph. "
Nobody is talking about a defect in the RADAR, you idiot.
The driver accused of speeding may not be aware he is one or two mph over the limit because unless the speedometer is "certified" it is not as accurate as RADAR.
It's common knowledge that many people are ticketed in Woodworth for one or two mph over the limit.
Back during Katrina, Woodworth P.D. ticketed Red Cross trucks taking hot meals to hurricane refugees in Woodworth.
Butler's hole in the wall town has the dubious distinction as being one of the top speed traps in the United States.
You are absolutely full of chit. You should hang your head in shame for being a pathetic lying piece of chit. Nothing worse than resorting to lying through your teeth because someone has the audacity to hold your loathsome butt accountable.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#48 Feb 10, 2013
Conan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely full of chit. You should hang your head in shame for being a pathetic lying piece of chit. Nothing worse than resorting to lying through your teeth because someone has the audacity to hold your loathsome butt accountable.
Calm down, Conan the Barbarian.
Maggie

Ruston, LA

#49 Feb 17, 2013
Took the Woodworth exit off I-49 thinking it was the exit for the road where all the nurseries are, and as soon I got on the road there was a 50 MPH sign. Just after that I realized I got off the wrong exit and knew for sure I was lost because I was looking right and left for some indication that I was on the "nursery" road. I then slowed even more to try to find somewhere to turn around. As soon as I got past a neighborhood I noticed a cop with lights coming up behind me. I pulled over street side thinking he was after someone else - no way I was speeding! So I pulled into empty parking lot. He clocked me at 48 at what I THOUGHT was 50MPH zone. He told me it was a 35 MPH. I explained that I didn't see a 35 MPH zone and that I was lost. My two other passengers didn't see it either. He didn't give a hoot, he was rude and discourteous. He singled us three old women out on purpose to fill his quota for the week - I firmly believe this! Shame will come to those who prey on others!
Maggie

Ruston, LA

#50 Feb 17, 2013
I too got lost when I took wrong exit off I-49 and the only MPH zone I saw was the 50 MPH as soon as you get off at the exit. I know I was preoccupied looking for these nurseries in the area and I got a bit upset and worried that I was lost and looking for a place to turn around and head back to I-49. When I saw the patrol car with lights behind me, I pulled over thinking he was after someone else, but then he stopped behind me and I just couldn't believe it! He said I was going 48 ( in what I thought was a 50 mph), in a 35 MPH zone. Now I know I'm an old woman but I was travelling with my sister and daughter - they never saw a 35 MPH sign. I'm not denying it exists, I just never saw it. Tried to explain that to the cop and the fact that I was lost - well he didn't give a hoot! Was rude and discourteous. He was preying upon some old women in the car thinking we have all this retirement income to help fulfill his ticket quota for the week. Shame shame on those who prey upon the weak!

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#51 Feb 17, 2013
Thanks for that, Maggie.
Darlene

Pineville, LA

#52 Mar 2, 2013
Believe when I say they don't just prey on the out of towners.It's all about the have and have nots. They make me sick to my stomach how they treat the have nots. Iwould leave this place tomorrow if I could financially afford it.I only came back because my sister had terminal cancer so I moved back here to help with her.But I see a lot of the misjustice that takes place here.I could probably write a book. Not only is it a speed trap it is a profiling trap too.Could say so much more here but I wouldn't have enough room.Tomorrow I will go to church and watch the chief get up there and sing like he's the biggest christian there.I've been there 3 times and he has yet to speak to me or shake my hand. And he knows who I am.Actually I don't want him too because I'm afraid of what I might say. At least I'm not a hypocrite.
swla police officer

United States

#53 Mar 9, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear you folks' heartaches dealing with woodworth police. I personally know someone who was pulled over in a marked Sheriff's Office unit for going 2 mph over the speed limit while transporting a prisoner to court. You can bet that if I catch a woodworth police officer coming though my city, he will get a ticket for every violation possible.
DJ Maine

Katy, TX

#54 Apr 4, 2013
Darlene wrote:
Believe when I say they don't just prey on the out of towners.It's all about the have and have nots. They make me sick to my stomach how they treat the have nots. Iwould leave this place tomorrow if I could financially afford it.I only came back because my sister had terminal cancer so I moved back here to help with her.But I see a lot of the misjustice that takes place here.I could probably write a book. Not only is it a speed trap it is a profiling trap too.Could say so much more here but I wouldn't have enough room.Tomorrow I will go to church and watch the chief get up there and sing like he's the biggest christian there.I've been there 3 times and he has yet to speak to me or shake my hand. And he knows who I am.Actually I don't want him too because I'm afraid of what I might say. At least I'm not a hypocrite.
Well they will dealt with their deceitfulness real soon bc they sold my wifes tickets to a collection agency, and thats a privacy violation, and its criminal!!!!!! ATTORNEY GENERAL ON THEIR ASS!!!
Samantha

Tullos, LA

#55 Jun 4, 2013
Everything they say about Woodworth Louisiana is true. I lived in Woodworth for many years! During Katrina when people had to evacuate a lot of them came north on hwy 165. The cops worked over time. I watched them write tickets all day and night and when they reopened 165 south to let the people go home (if they had one to go to)they did the same thing. It made me sick. The mayor is the root of all that evil.
Darlene

Woodworth, LA

#56 Jun 12, 2013
stephanie jones wrote:
thats bull shit had the mayor is the best and i was found not guilty last october thank you very much
Yeah I guess you wasn't found guilty since you are kin to the police chief.
Some Random Guy

Woodworth, LA

#57 Jun 13, 2013
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
I received a ticket in Woodworth with a fine of 190.00. Speeding and expired inspection. Called down to city hall to find out if there was anything I could do to keep it off my record so my insurance would not go up. The answer was yes. I paid $290.00 online and had to send them a handwritten letter stating that I was agreeing to a driver remediation program.
You can get out of it but it will cost you 1 cool bill extra.
Sounds illegal..
calcasieu t

Houston, TX

#58 Dec 30, 2013
This town is unreal & heartless just because they are the police they will stop you make up a lie to write you a ticket,even if you have a witness with you. but look around at all the electricity they are using at the new buiding'town hall' really that is uncalled for they need to be conservative with energy!! that's a fact jack.
Joan

Ville Platte, LA

#59 Dec 30, 2013
I have to defend Woodworth somewhat. The speed limit signs that they have up are interstate sign size. They are fully visible. The town didn't have to make those signs so large, but they did. Woodworth is a little town like "Mayberry" and they want to keep it safe. Woodworth is not a huge town. Their people are polite, and there are places that you can legally go to 65 mph. I'll probably be booed down, but there are much worse places. Where the policeman hide behind stuff. Woodworth police are in full view. They don't hide behind bushes or signs or anything. And if you are not breaking the law they don't bother you. It's not that hard to set a cruise control so you know that you are not going too fast. actually, on the lake charles highway (165) the speed limit never drops below 50. And there is a side to these policeman that ya'll don't see. They check on the elderly, and do so much outside of their duties to help the people that live there. It is a wonderful town that takes care of it's residents. And before you ask ... no I don't live there.
Jake

United States

#60 Dec 31, 2013
Those huge signs were put there by LADOTD, not the town, to try to help deter the PD from writing so many tickets. The reason being to make the SL more visible. As for the officers defense I was stopped doing 72 in a 55 and the officer reduced my violation to a non-moving violation seat belt. I don't live there and I'm not related to anyone affiliated with the town. The town looks neat and there's evidence of a surplus of cash town hall, Street signs, etc. Just the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Ribfins uses catfish from China? Feb 18 Catfish Willie 5
What happened to the Pineville Sears store. Feb 12 Jus asking 1
Pineville Music Thread Feb 10 Musikologist 1
Who is the most RUTHLESS Family Law attorney/la... (Feb '14) Feb 2 duped 15
Looking for a man they call Kuz Jan 30 Unknown 1
Rapides parent claims child was "locked in scho... (May '15) Jan 29 Wondering 2
Looking for Perry Galloway Jan '18 Helping someone 1

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance