woodworth, louisiana is a speed trap

Posted in the Alexandria Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ANDY P

Rapid City, SD

#1 Jun 24, 2009
I am a prfessional truck driver and in my career I have logged over 1 million miles. Nowhere in this country have I found a worst speed trap than in that stinking armpit of a town called Woodworth, LA. What a racket those good ole boys have going there. Check it out online and you will find that in that little town they rake in nearly $1 million per year on traffic citations. You have no recourse but to pay the "toll" to these crooks for going through their town because the "court" that "hears" traffic cases is funded by the funds that are extorted by this scam. When I'm in Mexico I kinda expect this kind of "justice" - but here in the good ole USA? Oh right, Woodworth is in that paragon of virtue - Louisiana. Need I say more?
Cedric Lee

Beaumont, TX

#2 Jun 28, 2009
Yep, those rascist bastards are consistant. Warning to other firemn, emts, heroes, etc.:
There is NO professional courtesy.
unknown

Pineville, LA

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Mr. Lee, there is no professional courtesy to police officers there even if you live there and are good friends with the officers and hang out with them they will still write you.

Since: Jan 10

Clovis, NM

#4 Jan 24, 2010
Everything posted about Woodworth is true. Go to www.speedtrap.org , go to Louisiana,then to Woodworth. You will see more of the sad truth. The chief of police even arrested his own mother, had her cuffed and her car towed. The wrecker service driver told me this.
Working Man

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 27, 2010
I dont know if there is a bit of truth to this, maybe one of you can tell me. But I was told in the State of Louisiana, if a cop is working on his own time, off duty, he gets a percentage of the money that comes from the tickets he writes. Is there any truth to that? If so that would be really good reason for these Woodworth pricks to be setting out there, writing tickets, 24/7.
all 4 cops

Spokane, WA

#6 Apr 28, 2010
Working Man wrote:
I dont know if there is a bit of truth to this, maybe one of you can tell me. But I was told in the State of Louisiana, if a cop is working on his own time, off duty, he gets a percentage of the money that comes from the tickets he writes. Is there any truth to that? If so that would be really good reason for these Woodworth pricks to be setting out there, writing tickets, 24/7.
What an idiot! thats the problem you listen to all the retards of this world for your info! And to the truck driver. There are plenty of speed limit signs telling you how fast to drive. So just pay attention little buddy and you will no that its not a trap when they tell you how fast to drive! HAHAHAHA
bwoods

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 May 5, 2010
well all 4 cops you are the retarded one that towwn has more speed traps than any town i have ever been in,,,,, then the pricing of the tickets are ridicolous first the officer stopped me and said its $200.00 then i get a letter through the mail saying its $435.00 beware when going through that town........
innocent bystander

Baytown, TX

#8 May 21, 2010
all 4 cops wrote:
<quoted text>What an idiot! thats the problem you listen to all the retards of this world for your info! And to the truck driver. There are plenty of speed limit signs telling you how fast to drive. So just pay attention little buddy and you will no that its not a trap when they tell you how fast to drive! HAHAHAHA
i really can't beleave how a person of law enforcement could actually cosinder himself trust worthy while knowing truthfully that the small strip of a town namely woodworth is obviously skimming the people out of their hard earned money.So answer this question all 4 of u cops.Why do over 98% of traffic stops in that town result in a citation and NO warnings or repremends?
Just wondering

Richmond, TX

#9 Aug 26, 2010
How come no one in this conversation can spell????
bwoods

Denham Springs, LA

#10 Sep 9, 2010
Hey im just wondering why are you commenting get a life....
garjac

Tupelo, MS

#11 Nov 29, 2010
Their not police, they are ticket maids
not a fan

Houston, TX

#12 Jan 6, 2011
Yes, it is absoutely horrible there! my husband got stopped a few months ago there for going two mile over the speed limit. bunch of crooks.....
HATES WHINERS

Shreveport, LA

#13 Jan 14, 2011
NOT A FAN WHAT A BUNCH BULL THEY JUST PASSED A LAW IN LOUISIANA THAT IF A TOWN WRITES YOU A TICKET FOR 5 MILES OR LESS THE STATE GETS THE MONEY. IVE DRIVEN TROUGH THERE OFF AND ON FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND NEVER GOTTEN A TICKET AND ALWAYS DO 5 MILES OVER NO MATTER WHERE I DRIVE IN LOUISIANA!
H-Town

Houston, TX

#14 Feb 22, 2011
Just wondering wrote:
How come no one in this conversation can spell????
what does it matter to you? Let me guess,you must be the chief son.Besides,it would be dumb of you to not have any idea of what everyone is trying to say!!! After all you are the intelligent one...
H-Town

Houston, TX

#15 Feb 22, 2011
HATES WHINERS wrote:
NOT A FAN WHAT A BUNCH BULL THEY JUST PASSED A LAW IN LOUISIANA THAT IF A TOWN WRITES YOU A TICKET FOR 5 MILES OR LESS THE STATE GETS THE MONEY. IVE DRIVEN TROUGH THERE OFF AND ON FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND NEVER GOTTEN A TICKET AND ALWAYS DO 5 MILES OVER NO MATTER WHERE I DRIVE IN LOUISIANA!
way to go,but have you ever recieved a ticket anywhere? Dam i guess practice does make perfect!!
H-Town

Houston, TX

#16 Feb 22, 2011
Look people,it is what it is.Woodworth,La. is notourious for writting tickets.I have nothing aganist the town but,get a ticket in that town.You can be the Pope and watch how yr attitude quickly changes.
Kenny Reede

Humble, TX

#17 Feb 23, 2011
I am 71 and Woodworth has been that way all my life.

People there are too sorry to pay taxes to support their town.
HATES WHINERS

Shreveport, LA

#18 Mar 9, 2011
H-Town wrote:
<quoted text> way to go,but have you ever recieved a ticket anywhere? Dam i guess practice does make perfect!!
h-town your an idiot the chiefs son isn't even old enough to drive dumb a$$!
lenora

Greenwood, IN

#19 May 9, 2011
all 4 cops wrote:
<quoted text>What an idiot! thats the problem you listen to all the retards of this world for your info! And to the truck driver. There are plenty of speed limit signs telling you how fast to drive. So just pay attention little buddy and you will no that its not a trap when they tell you how fast to drive! HAHAHAHA
yeah, but it goes from 45 to 65, 55 to 65, 45 to 65, back and forth and I keep setting my cruise to the right speed but sometimes I don't slow to 55 or 45 on time. If you are taking a long trip and have driven elsewhere at the same speed, it can be kind of obnoxious. I do understand though that there are towns there and it is only safe to slow down...but it still a expensive mistake if you make it.
Gump

Ponchatoula, LA

#20 Jul 10, 2011
ANDY P wrote:
I am a prfessional truck driver and in my career I have logged over 1 million miles. Nowhere in this country have I found a worst speed trap than in that stinking armpit of a town called Woodworth, LA. What a racket those good ole boys have going there. Check it out online and you will find that in that little town they rake in nearly $1 million per year on traffic citations. You have no recourse but to pay the "toll" to these crooks for going through their town because the "court" that "hears" traffic cases is funded by the funds that are extorted by this scam. When I'm in Mexico I kinda expect this kind of "justice" - but here in the good ole USA? Oh right, Woodworth is in that paragon of virtue - Louisiana. Need I say more?
I received a ticket in Woodworth with a fine of 190.00. Speeding and expired inspection. Called down to city hall to find out if there was anything I could do to keep it off my record so my insurance would not go up. The answer was yes. I paid $290.00 online and had to send them a handwritten letter stating that I was agreeing to a driver remediation program.
You can get out of it but it will cost you 1 cool bill extra.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Babysitter needed ASAP 21 hr Babysitting 101 2
Olive Garden coming to Alexandria (Jul '11) Sep 22 benji 62
Pineville Restaurants Sep 18 Goofy24 1
Who is the most RUTHLESS Family Law attorney/la... (Feb '14) Sep 14 Misc 12
Audition NOW to be part of Threesome with couple Sep 10 I Bees Game 2
romantic places (Jan '10) Sep 9 fyi 20
City Marshal barely resigns and has been alread... Sep 7 DocOck 2

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance