Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3104 Aug 5, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
Seems to me that when America goes to war ,it is more about expanding/protecting corporate interest overseas.
Separation of church and state allows ALL citizens the freedom to worship as you wish, but NOT to push your beliefs on others.
If these other countries would adopt the same rule, there would be fewer wars with regard to religion.
O has NOT divided the country, but rather, has pushed the envelope of inclusion.
The less you have to fight about, the more you get along. RIGHT?
Revenge is mine says the Lord. Acceptance is yours!
Where do you find this "separation of church and state"?

Obama has divided this country along every line imaginable. Race, religion, financial status. Everything has been even further divided than it already was, thanks to Obama's rule.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#3105 Aug 5, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find this "separation of church and state"?
Obama has divided this country along every line imaginable. Race, religion, financial status. Everything has been even further divided than it already was, thanks to Obama's rule.
Obama definitely have divided this country. At least his color has. As if Democrats and Crazy republicans shared unity prior to Obama.
JohnKoski

Lufkin, TX

#3106 Aug 5, 2014
We have so many ways, of destabilizing a country ,or area of interest other than physical combat. It just so happens to work the best !. It is to keep their growth under control . We do this to ensure a strong dollar , Petro bucks , or whatever you want to call it . At the end of the day we are fighting to ensure , when we wake up tomorrow , or next year , the dollar is still voluble . Go ahead and try to live for three weeks without spending more than 50 dollars ,because at a 75% devalue of the US dollar , that's about all your 450.00 dollar a week check will buy you in today's groceries store . If we lose our military industrial complex , we lose approximately 65% of our economy .SAD but TRUE .Is it just coincidence , that most of the best paying jobs ( outside of health care )are with some form of a government bureaucracy . Don't forget to add in the benefit packages . Our greatest Generals , and Economist of our time all agree ,our National debt is our greatest weakness . All we can do is fight, and if they can keep it overseas ,the better it is for us in the U.S.A..This tangled web of mess that's been created , is by no way the work of one man, nor did it happen in 6 years . The idea of dominating one another goes back so far in time ,it must be encrypt in our DNA.. Bretton Woods system
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IF more people understood this , and applied this information to the last 100 years of our world history ,than more people would understand, why the world is in the state, and condition it is now .Does anyone remember the facts that lead Richard Nixon to be impeached . What did G. Ford do ,to reverse any of the decisions , any prier president had signed into law . J .Carter tried , but he was laughed out office .People should study Carters term in office . I know the Repub ,and Dems today would find some quit interesting facts about the policies he tried to get enacted . Then came R.Reagan ,What did he do other than, deregulate wall street , and impose the sanctions on Iran, that haven't work for 40 years .Then came G. Bush . He was Head of a department in the CIA when Carter took office . 8 years of vice pres. under Reagan . WTF did he do , other than convinced the majority of Americans to jump off into the deep end , kinder , gentler , him and his cronies . B . Clinton ,remember the white water scandal . He and Hillary should have gone to prison .He did leave some money in the U.S. Treasury for us !.Yea ...G. Bush Jr. RIGHT BACK OFF THE DEEP END, AND TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN . like father like son . President Obama , Had not a clue , to what he was in for. His first inaugural speech on t.v., after he was sworn into office ,his hair was gray .I remember pointing this out to my wife , and saying , He's been brought up to speed .So now, He has 2 years left and what laws has congress passed , because these are the only laws ,that tell us , of the direction of our Country .My personal feeling on why Pres. Obama was giving the office , was his phd. in constitutional law . There's a powerful group of people in this world, who want or political and national independence dissolved . This is the freedom we stand to lose ,as we bicker among ourselves over frivolous details , in hope to create a better world .All we have left , is all we have left . Let the good times roll ... In god we trust..
say What

Alexandria, LA

#3107 Aug 5, 2014
Gee, the previous post doen't make any sense to me.
Am I stupid or not?
JohnKoski

Lufkin, TX

#3108 Aug 5, 2014
I wouldn't say stupid . Try backing up 5 pages
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#3109 Aug 5, 2014
say What wrote:
Gee, the previous post doen't make any sense to me.
Am I stupid or not?
Nope, not at all. Ghostsniper more than likely are the only one on topix that understands that post.
Hold on there

Lufkin, TX

#3110 Aug 5, 2014
They built the tunnels under the schools. Keep in mind Israel told the people to leave. Dropped fliers Hammas told the people to stay. Gee now why woud they build these tunnels where they knew children go to school why would they not move the children when they know they are fixing to be under fire. Be ause they have already been warned.
DO YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE HAMMAS( THE TERRORIST group ) want to parade the dead CHIDREN and blame it on Israel. My god man what la la land are you from.
Getting Kerry stated was spot on.
You seem to have all the answers only you do not control any of this. You just put talking points out there, then make up your own elaborations about them. Yes I complain about things. It's very sad
And embarrassing to see what is happening to my country. However I at least know I'm not the one with the answers and solution. The only solution I can see is to get rid of this administration That isint going to happen now. So i just hope we can make it In this country until such time things can change.
Today Americans killed , a general and others why
Guess what we will do about it.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#3111 Aug 5, 2014
Hold on there wrote:
They built the tunnels under the schools. Keep in mind Israel told the people to leave. Dropped fliers Hammas told the people to stay. Gee now why woud they build these tunnels where they knew children go to school why would they not move the children when they know they are fixing to be under fire. Be ause they have already been warned.
DO YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE HAMMAS( THE TERRORIST group ) want to parade the dead CHIDREN and blame it on Israel. My god man what la la land are you from.
Getting Kerry stated was spot on.
You seem to have all the answers only you do not control any of this. You just put talking points out there, then make up your own elaborations about them. Yes I complain about things. It's very sad
And embarrassing to see what is happening to my country. However I at least know I'm not the one with the answers and solution. The only solution I can see is to get rid of this administration That isint going to happen now. So i just hope we can make it In this country until such time things can change.
Today Americans killed , a general and others why
Guess what we will do about it.
Told to leave. Where was they to go? Its obvious we don't know where Gaza is located. Where was they told to go? Lets keep these innocent women and children out of our fight with Hamas.
Hold on there

Lufkin, TX

#3113 Aug 5, 2014
Look they were told by Hammas to stay. They would have went Toward the other side of gaza where things weren't being fired upon and was relatively calm and undisturbed. The people in gaza were told to leave the area by israel ,only israel would warn innocent people. The terrorist groups are the one that built these tunnels where the innocent CHIDREN were, then the terrorist bastards told them to stay there and not leave . You can bet i would have been hauling my ass to the other bank , telling Hammas f---- you buddy. Every man for himself.
Yes we know where Gaza is. Look at a map. Google it ,any way you want to find it. You can see gaza .you can see the distance between Israel and gaza. you can see gaza Has an east and west bank.
I fail to see how anyone could blame Israel for this. The terrorist groups are the ones who built the tunnels in places they knew housed young children They did it on
Purpose. They told them not to leave so they could use these these poor dead children's bodies to gain sympathy for themselves. This is what terrorists do. Think about. It.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3114 Aug 6, 2014
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/05/stat...

In States Where It's Wanted, Obamacare Is Working Well

The shame in all of this is that the GOP (and those voting them in office) don't get it, businesses want educated/trained healthy employees, RIGHT?

Make healthcare and education affordable and the businesses WILL come! The state should invest in its people. After all, the citizens are the state's greatest asset, Right?

Seems to me Jindal is running the state like the Chinese Gov't - all about corporations.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3115 Aug 6, 2014
If they knew where the tunnels were, why didn't they send rocks and cement into them from Israel's side? Wouldn't that have been cheaper; especially when it came to loss of non military life?

That way the military would have been fighting the military; you know the ones with guns.

All that bombing was meant to send a strong message to the leaders of Hamas at the citizens of Gaza's expense.
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3116 Aug 6, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
If they knew where the tunnels were, why didn't they send rocks and cement into them from Israel's side? Wouldn't that have been cheaper; especially when it came to loss of non military life?
That way the military would have been fighting the military; you know the ones with guns.
All that bombing was meant to send a strong message to the leaders of Hamas at the citizens of Gaza's expense.
Either that (in your narrow view) or to pressure the Palestinians to rise up against Hamas.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3117 Aug 6, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Either that (in your narrow view) or to pressure the Palestinians to rise up against Hamas.
So you are saying it wasn't really about the tunnels, it was about getting the Palestinians to rise up against Hamas?

Wow, then someone should tell all those that lost loved ones and their property. I am sure they will understand.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3118 Aug 6, 2014
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/steve-s...

To pick staff, Scalise turns to lobbyist

Do you require more proof that K Street runs Congress?

Keep in mind, this is a Repub from LA.

Who will defend this?

Doesn't seem like he is trying to hide anything. If it isn't against House Ethics Rules, it should be.

Based on all the crap the GOP is doing, A Wiener should NOT have resigned.
Hold on there

Lufkin, TX

#3119 Aug 6, 2014
You love to talk your lib BS. TALK Of THE INNOCENT LIVES LOST. I agree innocents shouldn't die. The innocents were set up by the terrorists. While you are so worried about lives lost. Why do we never hear you speak of the innocent lives lost in the wars going on where Muslims are fighting Muslims ? Thousands and thousands of women and children lost. Does that not bother you. Never hear the libs talk about the civil war inside Syria Why. It's a hundred times more than in gaza. Libs don't talk about that. Muslims hate Israel. Libs dont talk about that. Muslims want to take over the world
You want to talk about innocent lives lost talk about all of
It. Talk a bout where it's happening so so much. Do t leave that out of your BS. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED Lets get with the real deal. Oh and Obama care isint working worth a crap anywhere not enough people paying into it. Right. Go blow that Up somebody's else's ass
Truth

Leesville, LA

#3120 Aug 6, 2014
Is hard to understand these republicans. They talk about WELFARE but they happily defend Israel. Are you guys aware of the fact that Israel gets a FAT WELFARE CHECK from the U.S. Government?
Hold on there

Lufkin, TX

#3121 Aug 6, 2014
Truth wrote:
Is hard to understand these republicans. They talk about WELFARE but they happily defend Israel. Are you guys aware of the fact that Israel gets a FAT WELFARE CHECK from the U.S. Government?

There you go Tims to get off that issue. Subject change Lets not talk about the Muslims killing their own innocents by the thousands.
Of course we defend Israel. They have been our close allies for many
Many years. Most Christians dont want the world to be taken over by muslims Do you. I'm saying stop with the talking points and get
Down to the issues. All I can say about you saying Israel gets abig welfare. Check from us. Is that they sure seem to have enough sense to use in ways that are good for their country. Wish people
In our country knew how to use theirs wisely.
Truth

Leesville, LA

#3122 Aug 6, 2014
Hold on there wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go Tims to get off that issue. Subject change Lets not talk about the Muslims killing their own innocents by the thousands.
Of course we defend Israel. They have been our close allies for many
Many years. Most Christians dont want the world to be taken over by muslims Do you. I'm saying stop with the talking points and get
Down to the issues. All I can say about you saying Israel gets abig welfare. Check from us. Is that they sure seem to have enough sense to use in ways that are good for their country. Wish people
In our country knew how to use theirs wisely.
Jews are not Christians. They deny Christ as the Messiah.
Hold on there

Lufkin, TX

#3123 Aug 6, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are not Christians. They deny Christ as the Messiah.
Blah, blah, blah. They aren' t Muslims. They are people who consider theirselves Christians that may not agree with your interpretation but it is true. Jews and Christians believe in the same god. Some of the more ethnic Jews do not accept Jesus. We are once again not concerned with your interpretation. Jews certainly consider themselves Christians. Do a little research.catholics , baptists pentecosts, etc might believe differently on things , talking in tounge ( now that one always blew my mind, and iny opinion it is phony) confession. I am catholic so i believe in confession Some religions do not. After all is said and done. The Jewish people are certainly Christian. Educate yourself about it
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3124 Aug 6, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying it wasn't really about the tunnels, it was about getting the Palestinians to rise up against Hamas?
Wow, then someone should tell all those that lost loved ones and their property. I am sure they will understand.
I'm talking about your comment about "at Gaza's expense". They either accepted or were forced to accept Hamas. You are always talking about people taking care of their own problems and defending themselves instead of other countries (us) helping them. Now that I say it, you disagree.

Israel has accepted every cease fire Hamas has proposed, and Hamas has broken every one by firing more rockets. Do you believe Israel should just sit there and be bombed? They are RETURNING fire, not initiating it. Hamas should stop, or the Palestinians should stop them (or Israel WILL). Do you disagree?

Israel GAVE them the Gaza Strip and left them to live in peace. They just want more and more. Hamas took over and continue to fire missiles. What do you propose Israel should do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rapides Parish Narcotics In-House Investigation (Aug '11) Mon Nojusticestill 197
Community College Parking and Mayor Roy Nov 16 RapidesBayouResident 4
New Ribfins uses catfish from China? Nov 16 real catfish 4
Mayor Roy and Kim Jong Un have SAME BARBER Nov 15 Slow On Uptake 2
Alexandria city Marshal election Nov 1 RapidesBayouResident 1
Alexandria Music Thread (Mar '14) Oct '17 Musikologist 12
Clifton Fairbanks Mcginity (Jun '16) Oct '17 Yo momma 2

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexandria Mortgages