Move to name new bridge gets flack fr...

Move to name new bridge gets flack from some Central Louisiana legislators

There are 3 comments on the The Town Talk story from Jun 20, 2014, titled Move to name new bridge gets flack from some Central Louisiana legislators. In it, The Town Talk reports that:

Rep. Herbert Dixon admits his legislation to name the new Red River bridge after two former black officials would not have succeeded through the normal process, so he had to use some ingenuity to get the bill to the governor's desk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Town Talk.

Nuff Said

Alexandria, LA

#1 Jun 21, 2014
Stupid move, Mr. Dixon.
Perhaps had you been up-front about this issue, you might have found support.
But by pulling this "last minute" stunt, you have probably lost any chance of success.
By the ay, I thought it was against the law to name a bridge, state building etc. after a living individual.

Name the bridge the Fort Buhlow Bridge.
That is what everyone is going to call it anyway!
Cave Fan

United States

#2 Jun 27, 2014
I, too, think that it should be called the Fort Buhlow Bridge. That is a very historic area. Buhlow Lake is nearby. I think that something else could be named after the two me, like maybe a park or whatever.
Cave Fan

United States

#3 Jun 27, 2014
After the two men, Curtis and Coleman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robbie Martin has got to GO...Pineville Deserve... (Oct '15) 3 hr Frustrated 39
Dead Beat Dads Wed Enforcer 1
Cory deshun lafleur.Warrant for his arrest (Aug '10) Mon Kymmc78 13
who do you want to be the next rapides parish s... (Mar '11) Oct 14 anet 19,930
👼Trump ... Oct 3 Luke Cage 1
News Rapides narcotics agents say meth ring had ties... (Apr '10) Sep 20 That guy 35
Roving Photographer Sep '16 Roving photographer 1

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexandria Mortgages