Campbell mayors to talk police merger

Campbell mayors to talk police merger

There are 32 comments on the Cincinnati.com story from Jan 23, 2012, titled Campbell mayors to talk police merger. In it, Cincinnati.com reports that:

Proposed plans by the county and Alexandria to combine their police departments will be among the topics discussed at the Campbell County Mayors' Meeting Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cincinnati.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#1 Jan 31, 2012
WHAT’S FOR DINNER? TAXPAYERS ARE BUYING.

“We wish that we would have had more public input from our citizens and a town hall meeting would have helped with that,” Highland Heights Mayor Greg Meyers said.

Oh please you citizens that elected me, I need your help………..

Horine said if viable options for consolidation are identified as a result of the current process,“we plan to hold town meetings to get public input on those options.”

Oh please you citizens that elected us, we need your help……..

In November, the Highland Heights City Council voted to disband from the HHSPA largely because residents said they were not getting the level of service they were getting from the Highland Heights Police Department.

OH PLEASE YOU CITIZENS, we say we want your input, but for now, just pay your tax bills. Remember, WE are your elected officials and we know what we are doing; which is why you elected us. Hence: We don’t need your help…….

If I were not paying taxes, I’d be laughing. However, I am paying and I am FOR THE MERGER and the savings and efficiency that this union promises to Alexandria and to County Residents. But, I for one am tired of paying for services that I do not receive. Living and working in cities (or both) in Campbell County, put us taxpayers at a disadvantage, when we pay three times for the same services, but only receive one. That is a classic case of “taxation without proper representation” by the way. And, this is what I mean. Say we pay Alexandria for Fire, Police, and Maintenance but the County charges us too, but then say:“We are not going to provide you with that stuff, because you live in Alexandria or another city.” We say, but we pay just the same as everybody else in the county and what we pay Alexandria or another city has nothing to do with what we pay you. And, not only do we pay you payroll tax for working here, but we also pay you both for our property taxes for living here. So actually, we pay you twice and them (City) once (YES! <~~ three times). The man’s response: TOO BAD CITIZEN, but now we want your input on this merger thing (Oh, right that thing). So to the man I say:“OH, ELECTED OFFICIALS” we don’t care about anything you want in the way of input, we just care about getting what we are paying for in the form of services, no more, no less.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#2 Jan 31, 2012
Continued

Folks, I could care less whom is chosen to lead this newly formed agency, as Chief Ward or Chief Hill are both consummate professionals. But I do care and am totally against not making the position directly responsive to citizens like you or me and just let it be responsive to some “quasi-board.” That board does not pay our taxes and actually removes power FROM our elected officials, power that we gave and paid for, and gives it away to who knows who or worse why. This so called board would also provide a perfect scapegoat if things go south so that these decisions are not pinned to those that made them and are responsive to us. This is why I voted for Rouse, not because he was better than Sheriff Dunn or merger was a bad idea, but because his merger plans put his head directly on the chopping block if things went bad, not some board’s head that if removed, did nothing but leave us holding the bag and bill. Regarding these three statements above that I have chosen to cite; which cry out and even whine for our help, whine for our input now, and clearly acknowledge prior failures already, why are we now just going to let somebody take us down the same roads and expect us to expect different results for ourselves? Make the new position responsible YES, but not by any Mayor or Fiscal Court, but to us, WE THE PEOPLE that actually pay for this. WE THE PEOPLE- I bet you heard that one before-I know I have. This way, if things do not work, WE can pull the plug long before we have to wait for somebody that has to endure the fallout to decide to- all the while leaving us to keep paying as usual.(NOTICE) WE did not hear any refunds mentioned to those citizens that did not get their services they paid for and/or the damage and fallout thereafter. Simply putting another “board” in charge, which will undoubtedly be seeded with political appointees, is exactly where the previous merger failed-just ask those mayors and those citizens yourself, for they will tell you this-JUST ASK. Any process, merger or otherwise, that sets things up to be judge, jury, and executioner, BUT leaves oversight by US out, has already been contaminated, AND such processes have already been contemplated by our forefathers. This IS the very reason we have three separate branches of government in the first place. Nobody can expect change simply on the surface-when the very core of a thing has been tainted by power-long before it even begins.

So, don’t take this advice OH ELECTED OFFICIALS, just re-read your Federalist Papers; specifically Number 10 regarding “Factions” for yourselves. Excerpt: For when a faction is attempting to control our government or MERGER in this case, and its “proposers”(That would be you) are in the majority (the very majority that are pushing this board on us now), IT or them (That would be you) exposes itself for what it is and can not-and SHOULD NOT endure. Bet some of you heard that one before too, huh?
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#3 Jan 31, 2012
Continued

Therefore, let me be even clearer with you. Merger: HELL YES! Another seeded oversight board: ABSOLUTELY NOT! Now you would think that if you would go to the trouble of citing a thing (MERGER) that has already failed, you would at least take the time to figure out and tell us all why that MERGER FAILED- And, why those citizens-taxpayers just like us-were not happy. Do you guys now expect us taxpayers here to feel any different than those others there did, just because we get to voice our opinion at one of “your” meetings, but in the end, we are still left paying the bills three times over? WAKE UP FOLKS! This merger thing is a good thing, but as you already know, too many chefs or politicians make a bad stew- ESPECIALLY when WE are your dinner guests. Oh, and you said its fish on the menu (Big surprise!).

THERE! I sure hope that was helpful for you guys and remember you just asked for our (Citizens/Taxpayers) help. By the way guys, our food was cold, undoubtedly because this had to be explained to you again………..and again, and again. And you are again, and again, and again, asking us to pick up the check? Fine, but why do tax payers still feel hungry? Explain that one if you can or would you like me to refresh your memories? Again……and again, and again?

“The only thing new in this world you don’t know is the history you don’t know.”
Harry S. Truman

“Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely”
Lord Acton
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#4 Jan 31, 2012
Now I feel much better. How much do I owe?
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#5 Feb 1, 2012
So what's wrong oh topix know-it-alls, is this subject way over your heads? I read many-a-posts and the majority of them from you would not make a pimple on a logical man's butt. Now a topic that actually means something has been ignored and silenced you (It’s about time). I know, there is no dirt here, no putdowns here, no insults to anyone, or no garbage for you to dig through; but certainly if you live in Campbell County you should want to weigh in. That is if you care about the future, care about services, care about taxation, and care about seeing that this merger is done correctly this time......Guess not, guess only low level arguments laced with crap is what you folks thrive on, huh?
thank you Rouse

Port William, OH

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Rouse you have completely lost your mind. Just because you changed your name to one of our founding fathers doesn't mean you're anything like the man(check your spelling please). I personally hope the merger doesn't go through. I think this is a big mistake.
Badge Bunny

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Feb 1, 2012
Wake up Jimmy Maddison 1787.....The current Chief of CCPD is a corrupt,two faced, back-stabbing yes Boy who never deserved to be where he is today. He obtained his position thru favors, threats, etc.... and then passes judgement on others around him of which he knows that he can mess with fairly undetected. He is outright a COWARD and ask any of his Officers who have been around awhile (with very little prompting) and they will share with you some stories. He is the VERY guy who chased down a suspected DUI in his unmarked car (violation of policy) and when the perp became confrontational,threatened to "kick his ass" he let him go(another violation of policy- COWARDNESS). This guy is a genuine self absorbed "God complex" type who has not a clue. As citizens....HELL YES on the Merger.....combine it all, including your tax dollars which pay the salary for idiots like this.The merger is a win / win...."Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner". Get this idiot, his Asst and the Sr Lt out. Hell, ask around....he just fired a guy who is one of the County Commisioners sons....(to set an example) to strike fear (more) into the hearts of his Officers. Little does he know......some of the very Supervisors that he trusts most.....tried to get rid of his dumbass a while back. The guy that he just recently fired was very verble during all of that. Its ok though, A REAL department will pick him up and never even call CCPD. Sorry....very passionate about all of this and didnt take time to reference a dictionary...and there is no spell check on here. Really, ask around....his own Officers despise him so much....they will tell you the honest truth. And if James Maddison 1787 is Chief Rouse, think back to the time that he came down personally to your house to confront you about the Topix posts......how "Ballsy" was that? Not Ballsy at all....he is just that arrogant and clueless.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#8 Feb 2, 2012
This is why I am not focusing on that at all, and am focusing on the topic of “taxation without proper representation.”(Follow the ball) On the other hand, your posts have all been nothing but a campaign against one individual, no matter what the topic, what the subject, or what your answers say about you. I think by now, we all know your hatred for these people and any further complaints are nothing more than beating a dead horse-especially here. If I were Chief Rouse, I would not make such comments anyway as that would be unprofessional to say bad things about another sitting chief of police (I like them all, by the way). What I said about Rouse was not hatred, and was nothing more than he put his head on a chopping block in his plans for merger. I never said there that I liked him or even favored him personally over his former opponent, John Dunn Jr.(I like him too). You must stop trying to look through your lens of hatred when you read every post. Some, like this one, has absolutely nothing to do with you, them, or it at all.

As a county taxpayer, I am simply saying if merger is considered, it should be examined for more than just a concept and get down to the core so that it too does not fail. When every county in this state, all but two have merged, and have reported success, why are we failing here? I by using this name (James Maddison) was not to disguise my own name (Use your brain for once), but was to recognize the man who wrote the paper I cited, Federalist Number 10. I did all that can be done to set the table for this discussion as an adult table, not the child’s places over to the side. Somehow, you folks seem to be so over zealous with your agendas of hate that you have both failed to contribute anything of meaning to this discussion again....and again, and again (Big surprise). It’s not necessary for me to ask around, for I have been around and have first hand knowledge about many subjects (This hatred of yours is not one of them). If you put your axe down for just one second, you would and should know that for yourself. This is what is being discussed: For or against mergers and why; which should be sufficient enough for you to comment on topic and leave the other rhetoric at the other table. Rouse, Hill, or Ward who cares? MERGER and TAXATION are the subjects not them Paul Bunny-on.(Little bit of humor for you, so lighten up).
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2012
Graded:“Poor” because you left out why? I did not ask if you liked pizza; which would invoke a one word answer. This table is set for people that have educated opinions, not simpleton one word answers like this. I can safely say there are many that are for or against, but that still does not answer the question or give any insight to perhaps solving potential failures if this is considered (Try harder next time).
thank you Rouse wrote:
Rouse you have completely lost your mind. Just because you changed your name to one of our founding fathers doesn't mean you're anything like the man(check your spelling please). I personally hope the merger doesn't go through. I think this is a big mistake.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2012
OH, you guys do pay taxes don't you?
uneducated here

Port William, OH

#11 Feb 2, 2012
So but for some reason you think I am uneducated. Try again. You assume everyone else around you is dumb, you're wrong, or is it your wrong?(Rouse humor) Everyone knows what assume really means or do I need to spell it out for you? The merger will not save any taxes. Look into it. It cost a fortune to merge departments. It takes years for any savings. With these times is it wise to merge? NO! By the way...I do like pizza. How is that for a one word answer? Oh sorry, guess I skipped math when I went to college.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#12 Feb 2, 2012
First let’s back up a minute. You said I was Rouse and I am sorry you are wrong to begin with.(Your mistake) My name is neither the issue nor is my spelling (Your mistake too). If YOU would stick to the issues at hand, nobody, including me would think you are uneducated. However, you’re the one that brought up Rouse, his mental state, and my spelling in your first sentence-REMEMBER! Clearly, it is not necessary for me to check my spelling when I have you as my secretary (See more humor without being nasty or saying somebody's mind is gone). If my humorous rebuttal offends you, then don’t ask for one by making such comments in the first place.(Again, your mistakes not mine). As for my sense of humor, you are free to ignore it, use your own humor if you wish, or stick to the issues next time-leaving your nasty comments out altogether. It’s hard for me not to laugh when people like you start their comments with ridiculous remarks like check your spelling-suggesting that they need a word spelled correctly before understanding can be achieved (You’re not slow are you?).

Now back to my original point AGAIN. WHY will this cost more?(You know the how question) and if this merger will last for years, then there are savings down the road to be considered. Why not do this now, rather than keep doing it separately and costing us more in the long run? That is assuming you are correct in your math you skipped. You have not showed or demonstrated any facts regarding the costs of merger other than just simple opinion that you seem to hold as fact. I told you from the beginning that this was an adult table discussion. So leave the childish remarks out, stick to the issues, and support your speculations with facts not simpleton opinions.(I like pizza, brilliant).
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#13 Feb 2, 2012
This is what is being discussed: For or against mergers and why; which should be sufficient enough for you to comment on topic and leave the other rhetoric at the other table.

Spelling will not be discounted for, only superficial opinions that are not backed up by fact, but simple speculation.(This probably means you must do some homework)

HOPE THAT MAKES IT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE
Tax Dollars

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2012
@ work. Rouse sitting in his TAX PAID office on his TAX PAID time on TOPIX is WRONG. AKA JAMES MADISON 1787.
Geez

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Feb 2, 2012
Really? Really? I mean Really? How BOOOORRRIIINNNGGG can you possibly make this? Sounds like Badge Bunny is on to something .......and it has struck a NERVE. The truth hurts. The Command Staff at CCPD IS out of touch and IS in a world of hurt. I too cannot wait to see those bastards get what they deserve. I just wish one of the Officers was brave enough to call in the AG's Office on them without losing thier job.
Fortthomasdogwal ker

Ft Mitchell, KY

#16 Feb 2, 2012
Blah, blah, blah. Much ado about nothing.
concerned tax payer

Memphis, IN

#17 Feb 2, 2012
Tax Dollars wrote:
@ work. Rouse sitting in his TAX PAID office on his TAX PAID time on TOPIX is WRONG. AKA JAMES MADISON 1787.
I was wondering the same thing. I hope this man is not on city time while he rants on this site.I could only imagine if a serious incident would occur in his city and it could have been prevented if he was doing something proactive rather than wasting my and your tax dollar on this site. I also would contend that perhaps as a tax payer maybe if you have that much free time on your hands while on the job, maybe you should be part time not full time.Certainly would be the appropriate course of action in the retail environment.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#18 Feb 3, 2012
So do I, for I am not him and you are all way off topic again, and again, and again. So you think Rouse would be that stupid to comment on a work computer with the likes of you all out there? Who would subject themselves to discipline when most have a computer right at home?(Use your brains for once) And, at least act like you are sitting at the grown ups table for a change. You want your opinion to amount to something, but when you have a chance to speak to a serious subject, you contaminate it with the same old cop bashing crap again, and again, and again (Give it rest). Nobody is interested in Rouse, Dunn, Hill, or Ward or any other cop. We are talking about MERGER - oh yea, that thing and TAXES - Oh yea, that thing. BTW Geez, Badge Bunny suits you better. Never be afraid to stand by your words-it’s the only thing that give them any meaning at all.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#19 Feb 3, 2012
If you are bored, go to the other threads. There is plenty of hatred, childish remarks, and crap to keep you amused, I am sure.
James Maddison 1787

Hamilton, OH

#20 Feb 3, 2012
If you have personal knowledge, the AG's phone number is just a phone book away. If something is that serious like you claim, they will look into it for sure. However, you have cheapened the deal by campaigning on here and made any chance for a serious investigation impossible. Stick to the subject and leave such nonsense where it belongs-right next to your hatred. They go hand-n-hand.
Geez wrote:
Really? Really? I mean Really? How BOOOORRRIIINNNGGG can you possibly make this? Sounds like Badge Bunny is on to something .......and it has struck a NERVE. The truth hurts. The Command Staff at CCPD IS out of touch and IS in a world of hurt. I too cannot wait to see those bastards get what they deserve. I just wish one of the Officers was brave enough to call in the AG's Office on them without losing thier job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is your favorite streetwalker? (Dec '12) Fri Half-Mexican Midget 70
Is crazy judge Nolan going down? Thu Latest update 12
Who is best prostitute in Covington ? Jun 22 Puff Daddy Combs 5
White Tower Music Thread Jun 21 Musikologist 2
kratom (Sep '15) Jun 21 Native 2
Bellevue Crime Jun 21 Clyde P 4
Mentor Music Thread (Jan '16) Jun 19 Musikologist 4

Alexandria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance