Social worker's suit charges retaliation

Apr 23, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 282

A state social worker from Madison County has filed a lawsuit alleging that he was suspended from his job in retaliation for attempting to report wrongdoing by child protection officials that endangered children - including cases in which children were placed in the custody of known sex offenders.

Read more
The Oz

Elgin, TX

#250 Apr 6, 2011
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't bashing. I posted something that I knew that had taken place which involved a few lesbians. Predators come in both genders, orientation, races Yeah I do know that.
Also alot of people don't agree with me on many different subjects for different reasons. I'm fine with that and understand. You are obviously one of those people. Good for you. I much enjoy people having thier own ideas and opinions it makes us individuals.
And there has been times with different info I may change my opinion. I'm human I make mistakes and continue to learn. But on SW's yeah vessles of the court, I've witnessed how some are and how they do and alot are hipocrits. And a judge is not God but they sure like to act like they are. And alot of them are hipocrits as well. Prove me wrong on that will you.
The system is messed up and again I don't have the answers but I still have my opinions. And I know that judges don't like to be proven wrong but I've never been afraid to tell one when they are wrong. regardless of the results. And if my posts really piss others off then don't read them.
You obviously have issues with authority. Prove me wrong on that.
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#251 Apr 6, 2011
the TRUTH will set u free wrote:
Hypocrit or not, please read the laws regarding removals. Judges are human, and are not perfect. They are put in a position where they are presented with EVIDENCE and have to make a decision as to whether a child(ren) are safe to remain in their current home. Do they always make the right decision? Nope. However, I would rather they err on the side of keeping a child SAFE than bury another child(ren) from abuse and/or neglect! Look at KY statistics, and you will see that we pretty much lead the nation in deaths by abuse and neglect! http://www.pcaky.org/images/files/Kentucky%20...
Every year the number of abused/neglected children has risen. This isn't a matter of proving a Judge wrong- this is to safe a little one from death!
That's all good but the judge gets thier info based on what the SW presents them and that is not always accurate. And they will remove a child based on that. And the parent/guardian is deemed guilty and has to prove innocence. But damage is done on that alone. Now don't get me wrong most are guilty. But why would a SW knowingly place a child with a known/accused offender? As this is part of what Clay claimed.
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#252 Apr 6, 2011
the TRUTH will set u free wrote:
I also think you need to really study on the profiles of so-called "predators". http://childprotection.lifetips.com/cat/63584...
also check:
http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm
And I quote:•Often the pedophile is male and over 30 years of age.
•Single or with few friends in his age group.
•If married, the relationship is more "companion" based with no sexual relations.
•He is often vague about time gaps in employment which may indicate a loss in employment for questionable reasons or possible past incarceration.

If you have a fear that gay persons are predators, you are afraid of the smallest group of predators known and studied. You should be afraid of your typical John Doe! The Gay and Lesbian communities have enough negative stereotypes without people adding "predator" based on fears of what you don't understand. Of all the friends and family that I know are gay, they are ALL in a loving, caring relationship! Most are parents themselves, and highly protective over their children FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
A predator is a predator no matter what the sexual orientation. I posted what I posted for a reason. And it's funny that you think I have a fear of gays/lesbians because I don't. I've got family and friends too.
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#253 Apr 6, 2011
The Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Can't/won't prove you wrong on this. I most definately have issues with Authority exspecially when it's constantly abused. That's often witnessed as well. And it's not all Authority either. Every one no matter what the authority they may have parent/judge/police/teacher etc., will most likely at sometime or other will take advantage of it.I'm just being real. And before it may piss you off, not saying that your not. And it's getting really old thinking that I need to explain my posts because I don't know that any of you know me and I can post what I want. And I'm free to do so.
Take Back the Night

Richmond, KY

#255 May 10, 2011
Brenda, I am on your side. I just found this interesting article on a social worker who has come foward.
http://wadvpress.org/...
Take Back the Night

Richmond, KY

#256 May 10, 2011
Predators come in all shapes and sizes, all colors, sexes, and sexual preferences. This does not mean that all of one of those groups are predators. Looking at Brenda's point, it looks to me like a predator put herself in a position to find a victim. Most of them do that. I believe that is all she is saying.
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#260 May 12, 2011
Take Back the Night wrote:
Predators come in all shapes and sizes, all colors, sexes, and sexual preferences. This does not mean that all of one of those groups are predators. Looking at Brenda's point, it looks to me like a predator put herself in a position to find a victim. Most of them do that. I believe that is all she is saying.
Thank you so much. Finally someone who has read and understood what I've posted. Thank you again for taking the time to do that.
mad mother

Chicago, IL

#261 Aug 3, 2011
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all good but the judge gets thier info based on what the SW presents them and that is not always accurate. And they will remove a child based on that. And the parent/guardian is deemed guilty and has to prove innocence. But damage is done on that alone. Now don't get me wrong most are guilty. But why would a SW knowingly place a child with a known/accused offender? As this is part of what Clay claimed.
well Brenda I can tell you what Clay claimed is truth because it was MY childre that were placed in the home with a sex offender! Problem was that the man was a teenager when he was charged with the offence so the records were sealed!! My children were in that home for 4 yrs before it was finally relizied.he did not knowingly place them with a sex offender,but the fact is that the sw should be able to know everything about a potential foster parent even there juvinell record.
Rule 1

United States

#262 Aug 3, 2011
mad mother wrote:
<quoted text>well Brenda I can tell you what Clay claimed is truth because it was MY childre that were placed in the home with a sex offender! Problem was that the man was a teenager when he was charged with the offence so the records were sealed!! My children were in that home for 4 yrs before it was finally relizied.he did not knowingly place them with a sex offender,but the fact is that the sw should be able to know everything about a potential foster parent even there juvinell record.
When homes are evaluated for certification for fostering, everyone in that home is thoroughly checked. Why wasn't this the case? Was this a foster child placed in the home as well?
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#263 Aug 6, 2011
mad mother wrote:
<quoted text>well Brenda I can tell you what Clay claimed is truth because it was MY childre that were placed in the home with a sex offender! Problem was that the man was a teenager when he was charged with the offence so the records were sealed!! My children were in that home for 4 yrs before it was finally relizied.he did not knowingly place them with a sex offender,but the fact is that the sw should be able to know everything about a potential foster parent even there juvinell record.
Well mad mother you didn't read all my posts. I know that this does happen and it has for years. I was breifly in a few homes myself so I know. I was just bringing it back to what the topic was about because it had strayed away from that. Most SW's really are heartless and uncaring along with judges. I was told that they are tired of parents crying to the media and such. I'm tired of feeling like that's the only alternative. They need to open their eyes and get a real good look at what they are doing wrong. Especially when they can use their authority against a parent because they don't like their attitude toward them and voice themselves that's when you hear I'll find you in contempt. Really? whose in contempt.
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#264 Aug 10, 2011
Rule 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When homes are evaluated for certification for fostering, everyone in that home is thoroughly checked. Why wasn't this the case? Was this a foster child placed in the home as well?
I know for a fact that is not true. They don't do much investigating of any kind. FACT!
Rule 1

United States

#265 Aug 10, 2011
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>I know for a fact that is not true. They don't do much investigating of any kind. FACT!
In our case, it was.
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#266 Aug 11, 2011
It's hit or miss who, how, when, and what they investigate. And for the most part it's not done in depth.
gu3ra

Chicago, IL

#267 Jul 10, 2012
Great job Clay!!!! I wish there was some workers like u around here to help my children. They have been molested n states custody neglected n nobody does anything. I have called Frankfort (OMBUDSMAN) so many times to get help as well as tAlked to local supervisors and nobody helps protect my kids. Anyone with any suggestions as to what i can do please email me. gu3ra859@gmail.com
gu3ra

Chicago, IL

#268 Jul 10, 2012
The Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the people bashing u havent haf to deal with these money sick individuals. Having my case open for 8 years now I have seen it all. Total abuse of authority
aimee

Latonia, KY

#269 Jul 11, 2012
@gu3ra the OMBUDSMAN people work for the cabinet so you wont get help from them i also know that if you report your worker to them they let the worker know who reported them and what was reported
aimee

Latonia, KY

#270 Jul 11, 2012
oh and i want to add that my case they say was closed and i did not know that until i called them and i have a message on my phone still from them telling me that my worker came to my house november 6 2011 (which by the way was a sunday) and i signed papers to close it THAT DID NOT HAPPEN but yet again my case has been opened with no explainations or proof as to why they lied to me about them coming and me signing papers..my case is for my 17 year old son who will be 18 in december because of truancy they felt their services were needed because he ran away and was truant and they needed to find out why and YES i did have a nasty attitude because im tired of it we went to court over everything in february i believe but they did not manage to come and do the first home visit til last month after school was already out....doesnt make any kind of sense to me and the woman had a nasty attitude im assuming because she was warned i would but why shouldnt i these mfers wont leave me the hell alone and the only reason i got them involved was because when he ran away the police knew where he was but couldnt get him without a pick up order and ALL OF THAT TO ME IS BS because yes my son was being an idiot but he was still a missing person and he turned 17 while he was on the run so still a minor but i was the only one concerned about finding him until i got the warrant....im not sure im making sense and yes there is alot more to this story but im trying to make it short as possible and im trying to get a point across most sw do not do their job or care anything about these kids they just want to go around trying to bully parents into doing things and if you dont or dont agree with them you can say bye bye to your kids and possibly go to jail
aimee

Latonia, KY

#271 Jul 11, 2012
i forgot my case should have never been closed in the first place because we were court ordered to work with them until he was 18 and thats when my new case will end
aimee

Latonia, KY

#272 Jul 11, 2012
and to all of you people bashing brenda because you think she is a gay basher or whatever the f*ck your calling her she is my sister and my son goes both ways and my family does not have a problem with that and brenda is his favorite aunt so get over YOURSELVES
aimee

Latonia, KY

#273 Jul 11, 2012
i also forgot to mention that the police also told me they returned my son to me already when i went to the police station to see where they were at with finding him and when i asked about that they said it was a mistake that the dispatcher made so i had to file a new missing persons report....yes i did think about suing but that would have been to much for me to go through

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexandria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highlands Pee-Gate 15 hr citizen 4
dayton police changes Sun you know it 10
Old pevert man named Mike at Floyd's 711 bar Sun Curious 16
Best day of the week? Sun Terrific Tuesday 11
feral/stray cats (Jun '11) Sun kitty tickler 139
Slum Lords in Newport Ky (Mar '11) Sun Slumlord Hater 42
kenton co jail Sat voter 24
More from around the web

Alexandria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE