Pennington is new sheriff

Pennington is new sheriff

There are 9 comments on the Benton Courier story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Pennington is new sheriff. In it, Benton Courier reports that:

Democrat Bruce Pennington, a longtime lawman, narrowly defeated Republican James Ward in what became a hotly contested race for Saline County sheriff in Tuesday's general election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Benton Courier.

Christy Terry

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2008
Thank you God for granting the people of Saline County the wisdom to vote Bruce Pennigton into the position of Sheriff instead of James Ward. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
Misty

Little Rock, AR

#2 Apr 21, 2009
I'm his daughter & want to thank God first of all & all the supporters for my dad. He is doing a wonderful job but there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he wouldn't! Also, since he went into office he has already accomplished alot of things that was of high concern amoung Saline County.And in 2 years we will be ready to start are campaign again.

Since: Apr 09

Alexander, AR

#3 Apr 27, 2009
Bruce is doing a good job as sheriff of saline county, it was time we got another good sheriff. my family really appreciates him. He is a good person. My son, Steven really likes him and I have talked to him several times since he's been in office.
Way to go Bruce!
concerned citizen

Heber Springs, AR

#4 May 13, 2013
Do any of you know anything on the past police officers that work their.
OldCrow

Tyler, TX

#5 Jul 3, 2013
After his drunken incident are you still happy to have him as your sheriff?

http://www.topix.com/county/saline-ar/2013/07...
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#6 Jul 4, 2013
wildheartron wrote:
Bruce is doing a good job as sheriff of saline county, it was time we got another good sheriff. my family really appreciates him. He is a good person. My son, Steven really likes him and I have talked to him several times since he's been in office.
Way to go Bruce!
Yeah, way to go Bruce. LMAO. By the way, glad there were no emergencies while Bruce was incapacitated. And don't say he wasn't incapacitated, because if he hadn't of been we wouldn't be having this discussion.
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#7 Jul 4, 2013
wildheartron wrote:
Way to go Bruce!
Which Bar did you have your talks at? LMAO.
LMAO

El Dorado, AR

#8 Jul 5, 2013
ALL of this story has not been told.'Why' did somebody call the cop's to start with? Anybody else would be arrested, but not if you have a badge and gun in your pocket. That, in SALINE CoUNTY means you are above the law. Somebody in Saline County needs to grow a set and step up and have this Sheriff removed from office. "I'm Sorry" is if you forget to return a phone call. The citizens of Saline County undoubtedly don't realize the power you have if you stand up together.
used to be a friend

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jul 9, 2013
let me say a few things on bruces. behalf.. HE was arrested..he wasnot driving but only hD few drinks tivtide him over with his meal.. when he was on state he wasnt didascharged from it due to drinking.. he moved to saline county in hopes to make. a difference. my famiy still lives there and tells me it is alot better since he has. taken office. ask urself this question would u reather have an offical who doesnt care about the ppl or town they live In or someone who can relax n have fun.. if u chose the 1st one ur a damn lie n know it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 56 min Guest 38,371
Trump's Plan for Little Rock Crime 2 hr Republican great 1
News AR law allows men to block wives' abortions 5 hr james 18
News Jonesboro council honors highway crews, discuss... 13 hr disgusted 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Dave spano 21,017
Kelly Peppard arrested for robbery!!!! (Dec '16) Jul 25 Idku 5
Plastic Surgeons Jul 23 ABC123 1

Alexander Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexander Mortgages