Reverend at dueling deacons' church s...

Reverend at dueling deacons' church suspended from pastoral duties

There are 7 comments on the WTKR story from Mar 5, 2010, titled Reverend at dueling deacons' church suspended from pastoral duties. In it, WTKR reports that:

The sun shines brightly over Wesley Grove United Church of Christ, but there is a storm brewing behind the church doors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

beau

Tangier, VA

#1 Mar 5, 2010
A person need a bullet proof vest on at some chuch meeting's...
Matt

Tarawa Terrace, NC

#2 Mar 6, 2010
This is church in the 21st century. It has failed. Where's Jesus? He sure isn't found in church anymore.
JUNIOR

Portsmouth, VA

#3 Mar 7, 2010
This Pastor appears to enjoy violence and keep himself surrounded by it. This is a form of control for him maybe.
Fred

Suffolk, VA

#4 Mar 8, 2010
Soooooo...what does this church really teach its congregation? It must be a different Gospel than what Jesus taught.
At least the board shows wisdom in removing this "Pastor" from the pulpit.
Dear Pastor, ALL can be forgiven at the foot of the cross.
BUNNY

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Mar 8, 2010
It seems to me that no one has been reading the GOOD BOOK...This is the Lords House and you have people acting like they forgot who they are as well as where they are. I will as in the pass continue to pray for all the members of this church. Be Blessed
FYI

Newport News, VA

#6 Mar 8, 2010
Interesting that this was reported first during black history month. Is this part of the celebrations? Actually, it's a sad state when supposedly Christians behave in such a childish way. Elder, deacon, pastor - all acted like little spoiled brat kids! And the ones who wanted to cover it up by "keeping in the church" - shame on you, too!
Spring time

Paragould, AR

#7 Apr 5, 2010
oh my

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 22 min Question 35,011
Pulaski County Humane Society 15 hr Guest 1
Little Rock human society of Pulaski county man... 16 hr Jamie 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
Looking for friend Kenny A Jarrett, Any one kno... (Feb '16) Apr 21 Guest 4
Whitney Hancock Apr 20 Shame 3
Parental Alienation Awareness Day on April 25th (Apr '10) Apr 20 Alisha from Arkan... 2

Alexander Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alexander Mortgages