Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb 8,120
Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ... Full Story
concerned71

Brownwood, TX

#7575 Mar 22, 2013
can someone please tell me if Parietex Mesh has been recalled??
Lucy

Aldershot, UK

#7576 Mar 22, 2013
March 2013 any updates on Permacol? Has anyone successfully bought a claim for product liability and personal injury?
KMM

Tampa, FL

#7577 Mar 23, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
This will be my last post for ?. File reports if you want. If not, then do not wonder why nothing is going forward. Call your Senators, Congressman, Attorney General if you decide you have the time. Good luck with your Doctors. Hope you can find a lawyer that actually will do what they are supposed to. Good Luck with the MDL cases. C Ya....
I can understand the frustration for those that have been following this for a long time. The best advice from our journey - do not waste time with attorney's and get the mesh out of your body. You may not get better but you do not have to worry about what it continues to do to you. There was just a recent story about the effect of continual inflammation on the body and that is just what the mesh does by always building scar tissue.(my opinion)

http://www.envita.com/cancer/chronic-inflamma...
patty

Eugene, OR

#7578 Mar 23, 2013
evan wrote:
Is your husband doing better?
<quoted text>
No he is not. Life as we knew it before the mesh is over. No more sucessful business, no more long road trips on our motorcycles, no more fly fishing, no more wrestling with the grandkids for him. He traded all that and more for a life of pain. Hes never out of pain. His life echos all of the other mesh victims. One thing is that I have chosen to stand by his side through everything. Some couples cant take the stress such drastic change. Cant say that I blame them. But Im not about quitting.
patty

Eugene, OR

#7579 Mar 23, 2013
George E wrote:
Got my paperwork from doctor today, a prolene mesh was used. Where do I go to file a complaint on mesh?
FDA Website. MAUDE. Be sure to have to lot number and any other information you can get so you can entet that as well. Write what the mesh has done to you. Write the medications, procedures, every single issue.
patty

Eugene, OR

#7580 Mar 23, 2013
concerned71 wrote:
can someone please tell me if Parietex Mesh has been recalled??
go to the FDA website and search for recalled meshes. Probably not, yet.
patty

Eugene, OR

#7581 Mar 23, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
This will be my last post for ?. File reports if you want. If not, then do not wonder why nothing is going forward. Call your Senators, Congressman, Attorney General if you decide you have the time. Good luck with your Doctors. Hope you can find a lawyer that actually will do what they are supposed to. Good Luck with the MDL cases. C Ya....
You have my email address. Stay in touch:) if only to laugh at the Raiders losses:)
Georgee

Paramount, CA

#7582 Mar 23, 2013
So I spoke to a person who is going thru what we are going thru and he finally got healed!!! He said he was in worst pain for 2 yrs, he said he went thru all meds and they where giving some high dose drugs to control the pain with no relief. He said the only thing that cured him was to get the nerves cut, he said he feels 100% now, he is able to rock climb and bike ride again. I told him why he didn't try to get mesh removed. He said all these doctors he went to never gave him the option and gave him the run around. It feels good to listen to people who have gone thru this and have gotten their life's back. Just wants to share his story, their is hope, we must keep fighting.has any one else gotten their nerves cut?
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7583 Mar 23, 2013
Has anybody have neuroligical problems from mesh ? Body cold difficulty moving arms and legs constant fullness in gut difficulty defacating and urinating . Can't think straight presure in head hard to swallow ringing in ears whole body pain?
George

Phoenix, AZ

#7584 Mar 23, 2013
Georgee wrote:
So I spoke to a person who is going thru what we are going thru and he finally got healed!!! He said he was in worst pain for 2 yrs, he said he went thru all meds and they where giving some high dose drugs to control the pain with no relief. He said the only thing that cured him was to get the nerves cut, he said he feels 100% now, he is able to rock climb and bike ride again. I told him why he didn't try to get mesh removed. He said all these doctors he went to never gave him the option and gave him the run around. It feels good to listen to people who have gone thru this and have gotten their life's back. Just wants to share his story, their is hope, we must keep fighting.has any one else gotten their nerves cut?
Ge
Read up on the probability of success with nervectomy, many mesh suffers have not had good results if the "wrong" one is severed or the "correct" nerve is, however this can negatively effect the groin or legs. A less invasive attempt are lidocain injections to deaden the nerves, at least for awhile. Glad your buddy had good results. Remember we no "extra parts" so all severing no matter where can have a negative outcome. You just need to be informed of the risk and go from there. G
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7585 Mar 24, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Hello, George. You asked who took my mesh out. His name is Dr. Steven Sawyer in Colorado. He lost his surgical privledges at the hospital where I was operated on and "may" be in Arizona. Although he did take out the mesh, he then replaced it with another mesh. My question has always been, if the First mesh gave me a reaction SO BAD that it had to be removed on an Emergency basis why in the name of God would you reinstall another mesh? But that is neither here nor there and it is past history that I can do nothing about. I can't even sue HIM. I got to talk to him for about 5 minutes one day at the hospital when I ran into him as I was researching why no one at the Hospital seemed to know why my mesh was removed and why, even though it was clearly marked, taped and labeled NOT TO DEStROY, it still was.I told him that I was still having pain, bulging and other problems and his responce was " Well, your walking! Thats better than you were when I first saw you in the Emergency Room!". And then he quickly ducked into a "Restricted" area and was gone. You S.O.B.
AMU only judged funny because it is SO TYPICAl of the G D doctor to hide behind a restricted door after everyones insides and minds are so totally restricted from this G d mesh... its not funny but you have to laugh or else will cry.
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7586 Mar 24, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
What the hell?? I dont check in for a week and all hells breaking loose on here? Are you alright AMU? Why wont you be posting? If it is sheer frustration from the people who only want to complain WITHOUT taking any action as suggested then thats understood. If its health reasons, I , as I am sure, others, are concerned. Your health, mental and physical, is of utmost importance and if this site is sidetracking you in any way I wish you well. I had to stop reading for a week because I too was frustrated at the people who come on(I was guilty of same in the beginning but learned quickly I am Pops best advocate but have to be willing to DO THE WORK to GET ANY RESULTS....)but they come on here looking for someone else to solve their issues when the bottom line is everything you always say(broken record you feel like Im sure) GET ON THE FDA,FILE THE MAUDE, CALL THE SENTATE, THE CONGRESS, THE FEDERAL DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, CALL CALL CALL ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO YOU CAN GET THROUGH TO AND IF THEY DONT LISTEN THEN CALL SOMEONE ELSE.Get your reports, document what is done and said who you talk to,YOU,PEOPLE, all of us, are the only ones who find any results/justice/compensation for ourselves if we all work towards the same common goal. And AMU, I know, like Pop, its way past the $$ at this point, its principle but $ would be nice not that it will ever fix all the damage.
I can only wish you the best and pray that you are alright. I look forward to reading your posts as they are and have been the most informative and helpful as any on here since Ive been posting. Nothing new to report except Pops worse but will not go back to the hospital yet...the pain will get him if the internal bleeding, adhesions, blockage, who knows, doesnt get him first. He is stubborn but afraid to let a doctor near him after his mesh mess......Wishing you well. Im still behind the scenes fighting the fight to the best of my ability. My file is now almost three inches full of nothing that has helped yet but Im doing something that may help all of us soon, at least that is my HOPE. AMU, please let me know once in awhile you are alright.....someone cares. You are not alone in this.
riverrat

Lewiston, MN

#7588 Mar 24, 2013
mesh is a forein invader and must be treated as geting a heart trans plant {with drugs for the rest of ones life"
Nance

Brentwood, NY

#7589 Mar 25, 2013
I had sepramesh in July of 2010 and nothing but pain and problems. Anyone out there who can help me in any way.
George

Payson, AZ

#7590 Mar 26, 2013
Nance wrote:
I had sepramesh in July of 2010 and nothing but pain and problems. Anyone out there who can help me in any way.
N
Very sorry about the complications
Go to this website and read the links.
Best site on the web.
http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/
In the long run you need a doc to listen to you and that can separate out mesh and other health problems.
G
Mitch

Grand Junction, CO

#7591 Mar 26, 2013
I am hoping Dr. Mellon may be helpful he is a plastic surgeon in Baltimore. I have heard great things about what he has done removing this shit and fixing nerve ends. I had this mesh put in three years ago and have lost my life because of it. I told the German surgeon who put it in she had left something in me as soon as I woke up. I told them I was F*&% as soon as it was done. More surgery later and now Lyrica, Amatriptoline,huge narcs and still in agony.
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7592 Mar 26, 2013
Nance wrote:
Nance please tell me your symptoms, I have severe abdominal pain and bowel and bladder problems , along with neurolgical issues
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7593 Mar 26, 2013
Does anybody have a sucking in feeling in there gut , feels heavy pulling down your stomach making it difficult to breath or swallow? Bowel and bladder issues along with groin pain?
Kara

Omaha, NE

#7594 Mar 27, 2013
I had a hernia repair in 2005 with mesh used. I was a four inch hernia caused by surgical scar tissue. A mesh was used and I have had problems since in my mid abdomen area, with painful movement of my intestines (similar to the original hernia) every time I use my abdominal muscles. I have to react immediately when the pain starts by putting pressure on that area, and turn to the left to stop the feeling of painful movement, and a tearing. If I don't react right it keeps going and I have pain, and swelling there for 3 to 4 days. I also then struggle with constipation for that time period. I have been through testing and a scope into the area, but the doctor cannot figure out what is going on. They have tried to tell me that I may have a nerve entrapped or phantom pain, but the movement of the area and the fact that I can mostly stop it by reacting right, tells me it is similar to another hernia. It is right where the mesh was placed, has anyone else had this occur?

Since: Jan 13

Burlington, WI

#7595 Mar 27, 2013
Any suggestions/advice/answers would be greatly appreciated...I have not been on this for a few months, brief history of my problems. I was diagnosed with MS 8 months ago...shortly after, I felt pressure/slight pain in the area where I had hernia surgery with mesh implant. Now, the pressure is constant pain. I called the hospital that did my surgery, of coarse no records, I then asked the Dr's nurse to ask him what meshes were used in 1995, he does not remember-Bullshit-The pain is getting so bad that I have to ay down after 5-6 hours on my feet. My question to all of you who put your trust in these *^%$##! Doctors....do any of you know what meshes were used in 1995-1996? This is why I ask...I went to a surgeon and explained my problem, he said that mesh is safe, basically was blowing me off and did not want to talk about it...I demanded an MRI, I had one the next day....the Radiologist(27 years experience) said "are you sure they used mesh?" yes 100% then said, normally I can see it, I see nothing, I will send a disc along with you. The surgeon called the next day to tell me it was fine, nothing wrong. I was then sent to a useless Urologist, and after 3 months, 3 diagnosis, and 8 meds, it only got worse, he did a CT scan(should have been done on my 1st visit!) Called to tell me "from a Urologists standpoint, there is nothing wrong with you, I have 2 surgeons in the room with me, we can not see any mesh" Also(which I told him 3 times, he told me degenerative disc syndrome may be causing your pain, see and orthopedic surgeon(tomorrow)How can one surgeon look at an MRI and say its fine, but a radiologist and 3 dr.'s cant see it as a CT scan can obviously shows a better picture? Sorry if this is hard to understand, but I am trying to make a very long story short....Anyone know what meshes were on the market in 95-96? I realize this is a tough question, and I have no idea is there were numerous meshes available at the time? Any information would be greatly appreciated...I do realize it can cause auto-immune disease, dissolve(which I think may have happened?) dislodge, etc. Thank You all for your time and hang in there! I realize t is past the statute of limitations, and it is honestly not about the money, I just want to feel better-if, I find out the first surgeon wasted all of this time telling me it is OK, It will be about a lawsuit and money....this is my first serious health issue, I am shocked, amazed, SCARED ETC. By the healthcare system and how incomptent 95% of all healthcare workers are....good luck to all of you....this site should not even exist, greed ignorance and incompetence...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aledo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Roxanne 594
Review: Morgan Leak Detection Drain Cleaning 3 hr Cory Trevor 2
Several hurt after American jet meets turbulence 7 hr Observation 1
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting 12 hr john weaver 1
what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) 18 hr Kim 188
Review: Brit Phillips, DDS - Dentist 19 hr bestdentistsfortw... 2
Buck's Cabaret on Mecham Blvd (Oct '10) Tue Doggyyyyy 68

Aledo News Video

Aledo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Aledo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Aledo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Aledo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NBC Sports10:45AM
How will DeMarco Murray fare with injured hand?
Yahoo! Sports11:00 AM
Two days after surgery, DeMarco Murray practices
NBC Sports 1:34 PM
Andre Johnson practices as Texans weigh quarterback options
NFL 1:47 PM
One Preview: Passing and rushing yardage leaders meet in Big D
NBC Sports 4:53 PM
Randle, Dunbar wait on status of Cowboys' Murray - NBC Sports