1 teen killed, 2 hurt in weekend wreck

Full story: Star-Telegram.com

A 16-year-old Aledo High School student died Sunday in a traffic wreck in Parker County that injured two other students, officials said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated May 3, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Crowley, TX

#1 Jul 18, 2006
This is exactly why you shouldn't buy 16 year old's sports cars.
Daniel

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2006
Cars don't kill people, people do.
Mack Taylor

Weatherford, TX

#3 Jul 20, 2006
This great young woman, Nicole Smith, was buried toda, Thursday, July 20, 2006. She was and always will be in all our hearts as she filled us with love for her for the past 14 years. When my son married Nicole's mother,Tammy, a loving light came into our lives. Now that light is extinguished.

Hundreds of people, both young and older were at her funeral and we thank them all for their kindness and support during these times.

We love Nicole as our own flesh and blood and that will never change. The young lady driving the car was Nicole's friend and we know she is living with a broken heart for what she caused to happen. The speeding and driving inexperience combined to cause tragedy for her, as well. She will live with it for the rest of her life, but it was not was never her intent for something like this to happen, and I pray she will find a future peace. She is also a victim of the tradgedy. We wish her a full and happy future life.

We all, family and friends, just miss Nicole so much!

Nicole's Grand Daddy Mack,

Mack Taylor
Truely Disappointed

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2006
I can not believe you "Steve". This was obviously a young vibrant girl! Accidents happen. Show me a person that is perfect and has never made a mistake and I will show you a LIAR!
God Bless Nicole's Family! and may god give you peace.
Kassie

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2006
Steve wrote:
I dissagree with you 1000000000 percent! Cars dont kill people, its the other people. The situation is what killed her. How dare you talk down upon the items people buy their children out of love. You are probably driving around in a fancy sports car yourself. If this was to happen to you, you wouldnt be thinking that way. Whats the difference between buying a 16 year old a corvette or a sedan? The same could have happened in any car or at any age. That is just hateful to the parents and if i was the mother and read this i would probably damn you to hell. It is neither the Girl or the parents fault. Nor did the car do it. I hope you live with guilt for the rest of your life. You disgust me
Lorrie

Montclair, NJ

#6 Jul 30, 2006
It wasn't your friend or daughter that died
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Aug 19, 2006
Kassie wrote:
<quoted text> I dissagree with you 1000000000 percent! Cars dont kill people, its the other people. The situation is what killed her. How dare you talk down upon the items people buy their children out of love. You are probably driving around in a fancy sports car yourself. If this was to happen to you, you wouldnt be thinking that way. Whats the difference between buying a 16 year old a corvette or a sedan? The same could have happened in any car or at any age. That is just hateful to the parents and if i was the mother and read this i would probably damn you to hell. It is neither the Girl or the parents fault. Nor did the car do it. I hope you live with guilt for the rest of your life. You disgust me
I grew up in ALedo and seen many young lives lost in wrecks in the area.I actually drove up on the wreck about 5 mins after it happened.In my opinion you shouldn't be driven without an adult at 16.I don't really care what you think of my comments I've seen proof of my believes in front of my eyes.This is partly society's fault for gloryfing sports cars and making young people want them.
As a side note many of times I have almost been killed by these kids in their sports cars or jacked up trucks.dammn me to hell,just goes to show youre hypocritical "christian" viewpoint on opinions that don't match yours.Youre probably just trying to justify it to yourself and take the blame away from the parents.
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Aug 19, 2006
Truely Disappointed wrote:
I can not believe you "Steve". This was obviously a young vibrant girl! Accidents happen. Show me a person that is perfect and has never made a mistake and I will show you a LIAR!
God Bless Nicole's Family! and may god give you peace.
I feel nothing but bad for Nicole.My comments were not meant to be hatefull.I just truely beleive kids shouldn't be driven sports cars.My neices and nephews live in this area and if a kid a 16 year old in a sports car kills them guess what?I'm placing a lot of the blame on the parents.Dammn me to hell I don't care.The fact of the matter is when you give youre kids vehicles they can't handle youre placing a lot of peoples lives on the line.
Do I think the parents should be punished,I'd have to say no.However I think cases like this tragedy can set an example for other parents.Yes even giving youre kid a corrolla is not going to make them safe from accidents.Sports cars are only half the problem.It's way to easy to get a License and there is not enough time spent on defensive driving.I is all our responsibility to teach our kids responsible driving.Trust when i say I wish tragedys like this never happened,but we must do our best to prevent them.Not buying fast cars is at least one small step in the right direction.
Sherri

United States

#9 Aug 21, 2006
I too live in Aledo. I have seen the way some of these teens drive their cars. They are given (as a new driver) a fast car to drive. What do you think they are going to do? Drive it around like it's a clunker? No.. they try to live up to the fast and furious images they have seen. My husband and I were run off the road in Aledo by this very type of kids we are talking about here. There is no way to justify giving a kid w/ no experience these kind of vehicles. You say you love them and are giving them these cars as gifts and you have the right and the money to do so. But you are giving them a weapon instead that they are not yet ready to handle. I am so sorry for the tragedy of these 2 girls. I can't even began to imagine their pain and grief. I truly wish the other parents would learn from this and protect their kids- through more driving experience, practical cars etc. I am not saying mistakes don't happen. Just as I am sure this girl never meant for this to happen to her friend. I just wish we could work together as a community to keep our kids and roads safer. Since this tragedy i noticed police patrol has been stepped up here and that is re-assuring
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Aug 21, 2006
Sherri wrote:
I too live in Aledo. I have seen the way some of these teens drive their cars. They are given (as a new driver) a fast car to drive. What do you think they are going to do? Drive it around like it's a clunker? No.. they try to live up to the fast and furious images they have seen. My husband and I were run off the road in Aledo by this very type of kids we are talking about here. There is no way to justify giving a kid w/ no experience these kind of vehicles. You say you love them and are giving them these cars as gifts and you have the right and the money to do so. But you are giving them a weapon instead that they are not yet ready to handle. I am so sorry for the tragedy of these 2 girls. I can't even began to imagine their pain and grief. I truly wish the other parents would learn from this and protect their kids- through more driving experience, practical cars etc. I am not saying mistakes don't happen. Just as I am sure this girl never meant for this to happen to her friend. I just wish we could work together as a community to keep our kids and roads safer. Since this tragedy i noticed police patrol has been stepped up here and that is re-assuring
Thank you for backing my opinion.You have a much gentler way of expressing it than I do.I tend to irk people because I can be kinda blunt.I would be very willing to work with the community to try to help the problem.Unfortuantly most parents in Aledo don't seem to care.
Daniel

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Oct 13, 2006
That's gay, reall really gay, it's ok to wreck and cause accidents, it's not all of our fault! that is so f' ed up
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Oct 17, 2006
Daniel wrote:
That's gay, reall really gay, it's ok to wreck and cause accidents, it's not all of our fault! that is so f' ed up
Would you care to elaborate?
Aledo Parent

Waller, TX

#13 Apr 6, 2007
I too live in Aledo, and see the way ADULTS drive. The vehicle was only going 58 mph, granted above the 45 mph posted speed limit, but a sedan can go 58 mph just as well.

Speed and inexperience are to blame here. It was an ACCIDENT, which means it was NOT INTENDED.

That road is sneaky and curvey, many wrecks have occured on that road.

Maybe we should ask our local police to radar there more. Maybe we should ask TXD to lower the speed limit there.

Maybe we should raise driving age to 18 or 21. Maybe we should walk or ride bikes more.

You can't point a finger at one thing.

You can try your best to raise your kids and teach them the way they should go, but fact is, we all were dumb teens at once and did dumb things...as I stated early on...even Adults make mistakes and drive stupidly.

It was an accident.

And Nicole is dearly missed.
Majik Deck

San Antonio, TX

#14 Apr 7, 2007
Someday the lucky ones will grow older and think back of the stupid, idiotic things they have done as teens. We all do at one point in our life or another. Unfortunately, the dead ones pay for their stupidity without being given a chance to elaborate on the ignorance of being a teen. We were all teens and I highly doubt we were all angels as some posters would like others to believe they were. Dead is dead. Playing stupidly with life will get you dead. Like I said, "The Lucky Ones" will live to gloom over their past. As for 'Aledo Parent'- get real. "You can try your best to raise your kids and teach them...", you know that shows me you are a LOSER AS A PARENT. You don "try" you "do it"! Those who "try", get their kids killed! Look at the news about the little kids dying (i.e., hit by vehicles) in DFW area because some stupid parent "tried", if they would have "Done" their kids or grands kids would be alive today! Get real, grow-up and please be the parent you are supposed to be. You got yourself into parenthood, now do it and do it good!
Aledo Parent

Waller, TX

#15 Apr 8, 2007
You get real. It doesnt matter how good of a parent you are, as YOU stated, teens will do stupid things.

you cant lock them up 24-7, you raise them up, and if your smart, YOU PRAY hard.

none of us are perfect. so just do YOUR job, and I'll do mine.

(neither of us will do that perfectly by the way)
Marti

Arlington, TX

#16 Apr 9, 2007
I agreed and disagree with many of your comments on here. Yes, you "do" whatever it is you can to get your kids in line and listen to your words of wisdom BUT they all have minds of their own and will make mistakes. In ways, we can only do so much! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.....stupid saying but it's true! We do our best to teach our kids right from wrong. My kids will not have sports cars when they start driving. To me, it's stupid. I don't care how much money I have or don't have. I don't want the car to play a factor. No matter the car, they will drive as they see fit. I remember the wreck and feel very sorry for the families and kids involved. Nicole had a purpose on Earth and it was time for her to go home.
kayla

Anderson, SC

#17 Apr 23, 2007
alot of people get killed in wrecks its very sad but when you drive you should pay attention instead of fooling around i know i seen wrecks ive been in bad wrecks.
Steve

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Apr 27, 2007
Steve wrote:
people kill our selves
Steve

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Apr 27, 2007
yall kill your selfs
Lisa

Dallas, TX

#20 May 2, 2007
It's a shame that accidents can happen to anyone, but some people don't see this. The driver of the car had to drop her high school classes and find alternative schooling because of the way she was treated. All of her friends turned against her. She made a bad mistake which had horrible consequences,but it could have happened to any of the kids that drive. She will always suffer because of what happened,why isn't that enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aledo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 4 min why 529
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 min That Fart Guy 22,336
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr That Fart Guy 17,911
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 7 hr That Fart Guy 337
Black leaders push for investigation of fight (Mar '07) Sun Liberal forever 116
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sat That Fart Guy 770
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Aug 29 That Fart Guy 722
•••

Aledo News Video

•••
•••

Aledo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Aledo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••