Federal Prison Unions suck
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
disgrutal

Princeton, WV

#62 Jan 23, 2013
Retired Prison Worker wrote:
I was a member of the Union at FPC Alderson for 14 years. At first I thought joining the Union was a good ideal. The longer I worked there the more it was my conclusion that the Union was not needed if you were a good, honest, hard working employee. My observations were that the Union protected the lazy,(dirty), incompetent, or otherwise worthless employee at the expense of the good employee.
Therefore I quit the Union out of principle. Why pay money to the Union when it was working against me.
I know some people don't want to here this and will take offense, but the truth is the truth.
r u a old retired person, disgrutled, disturbed and cant remember what u really did? better known as a scab, i think
For real

Princeton, WV

#63 Feb 10, 2013
Lived here all my life and have seen many young great locals get a job at the prison. Over the years, most of these people change drastically in a way they dont care if they associate with the regular person on the street. So, dont think this Union aint trying, but the eboard, including the president, which i see most every morning, are so stressed about their job, they have become "new" people in a bad way. Most all of them seemed to be so stressed and pissed off. I have seen these locals change over several years and it always happens.'They will pull away from their outside familly members and often ends up in a divorse. Whether the union is good or bad for them, they mentally change and treat us differently.
Sherri Wheeler

Silver Spring, MD

#64 Feb 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The board members may not leave early but at least one comes in late almost daily. She also takes numerous "smoke breaks" during the day and now she is selling her personal diet products at work. Everyone sees this yet nothing is done because everybody is scared of the big bad UNION. How does seeing this from one of the board members make you think highly of or want to join it??
Hello Bob. Thanks for calling me out. I viewed this post several months ago and really put a lot of thought into it. It is February 22,2013 and I still smoke 2 cigarettes a day and have no intentions on quitting any time soon. I have in fact full filled your request to do everything I possiblycan to be on time and it actually works better for me in the long run. Sometimes you need people in your life to call you out on things to assist you in changing. I would prefer to call them friends however that is not up to me to decide. As far as my diet products. Well, the are not that at all and I will continue to share my story with anyone that wants to listen and I do not sale anything. Thanks for all your input and I hope everyone on here can at some point in their life find happiness.
Sherri Wheeler

Dendron, VA

#65 Feb 23, 2013
Hello Bob. Thanks for calling me out. I viewed this post several months ago and really put a lot of thought into it. It is February 22,2013 and I still smoke 2 cigarettes a day and have no intentions on quitting any time soon. I have in fact full filled your request to do everything I possiblycan to be on time and it actually works better for me in the long run. Sometimes you need people in your life to call you out on things to assist you in changing. I would prefer to call them friends however that is not up to me to decide. As far as my diet products. Well, the are not that at all and I will continue to share my story with anyone that wants to listen and I do not sale anything. Thanks for all your input and I hope everyone on here can at some point in their life find happiness. As for you Bob, you shouldn't be scared of me and either should anyone else. I would do anything I could to help anyone that deserves it.
BRAVE Heart

Princeton, WV

#66 Mar 2, 2013
WOW..k...last couple of posts interesting to you Bob. I would think you are a great friend of this person. Maybe you will go out the front gate with this person, as they probably won't last long. Management or the BOP will not tolerate such publicity. This kind of information will come back to bite you or them or both. Good luck with your other job, but guarantee you, it wont be as good as you got.
depends

Lewisburg, WV

#67 Mar 27, 2013
BRAVE Heart wrote:
WOW..k...last couple of posts interesting to you Bob. I would think you are a great friend of this person. Maybe you will go out the front gate with this person, as they probably won't last long. Management or the BOP will not tolerate such publicity. This kind of information will come back to bite you or them or both. Good luck with your other job, but guarantee you, it wont be as good as you got.
Management is not fair hear, they will cover for only certain people, then burn another. There is not ethical consistency....
fsu

Princeton, WV

#68 Mar 27, 2013
Enough. All of you all should grow the hell up. You are lucky to have good jobs in the area. you should be thankful for them. No job is perfect and no per son is perfect. I would place a winning bet that each person who works at the prison does a little something they should not be doing. coming in a little late, leaving a little early, selling something at work that they should not. Avon, tupperwear, cookies etc. As for the Advocare, def not a diet product. Research it, just another scam drink mixes and so called supplements that are full of caffine. Share the story ,my ass, a good selling spoof. Can we say pyramid scam. That stuff will ruin your health sooner or later. Now, each and everyone you look at yourself befor your get on here and bash each other.
WTF

Princeton, WV

#69 Mar 28, 2013
fsu wrote:
Enough. All of you all should grow the hell up. You are lucky to have good jobs in the area. you should be thankful for them. No job is perfect and no per son is perfect. I would place a winning bet that each person who works at the prison does a little something they should not be doing. coming in a little late, leaving a little early, selling something at work that they should not. Avon, tupperwear, cookies etc. As for the Advocare, def not a diet product. Research it, just another scam drink mixes and so called supplements that are full of caffine. Share the story ,my ass, a good selling spoof. Can we say pyramid scam. That stuff will ruin your health sooner or later. Now, each and everyone you look at yourself befor your get on here and bash each other.
Its about time that people stand up to the cry babies on here; some people need to grow up and just be thankfull for the job they have and stop bitching. If they have a problem then take it to the correct place and not topix land. Most narrow minded people do not realize that anything put on the internet can be tracked right down to the couch they are sitting on when it is typed.
Shortandtru

Princeton, WV

#70 Apr 10, 2013
depends wrote:
<quoted text>Management is not fair hear, they will cover for only certain people, then burn another. There is not ethical consistency....
Even though u said little, there is so much to consider, as it is truthful statement....policies up the..a@ and work as those policies state, most likely that staff member will have a harder time on the job. This is a great paying job with super benefits, but most of you here forgot where you were before you got this job, what you did not have and now have plenty, yet you cant treat us equally, such as stated, management takes up for certain staff, no matter what their title is. It seems this started out about the "union" as known here, but has opened a larger can of worms. A good union can be good, however this is NOT a union as the people on the street know it. This one does suck and it will continue to do so. Stop paying them for nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 12 min Earl 1,536
grimmet 12 min truth 3
epi pens 3 hr Take A Look At This 6
Kendra oxley 4 hr Derrr 24
dollar general (Sep '15) Sat Lmao 21
Lyndsey O Fri Sad 1
Ashley GoGo Cline Aug 23 lmao 4

Alderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance