Contrite embezzler gets jail time for...

Contrite embezzler gets jail time for $200,000 theft from employer

There are 35 comments on the Buffalo News story from Oct 25, 2007, titled Contrite embezzler gets jail time for $200,000 theft from employer. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

“I am profoundly sorry for what I did”

A former bookkeeper for a Williamsville defense contractor was sentenced Wednesday to six months of weekends in jail for embezzling more than $200,000. Carolyn Andersen Simses, 44, who came to court with a ... via Buffalo News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mary

AOL

#1 Oct 26, 2007
I feel that Mrs Simses was truly remorseful and has paid back her debt. I feel compassion for her.
can not reveal yet

Lancaster, NY

#2 Oct 27, 2007
mary wrote:
I feel that Mrs Simses was truly remorseful and has paid back her debt. I feel compassion for her.
Are you kidding you feel compassion for a woman who wrecked a company, a family and I can't even begin to tell you how many friendships she ruined. Believe me when I tell you she is not remorseful. She is still living a life of luxery and I would bet stealing from her current employer. You have no idea what you are saying believe me I am one of the friends she "screwed" and hurt im more ways than you will ever understand. Please wake up and realise people who steal no exactly what they are doing and it wasn't the first company she stole from... And that is a fact........
anonymous

Stratford, CT

#3 Nov 2, 2007
can not reveal yet wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding you feel compassion for a woman who wrecked a company, a family and I can't even begin to tell you how many friendships she ruined. Believe me when I tell you she is not remorseful. She is still living a life of luxery and I would bet stealing from her current employer. You have no idea what you are saying believe me I am one of the friends she "screwed" and hurt im more ways than you will ever understand. Please wake up and realise people who steal no exactly what they are doing and it wasn't the first company she stole from... And that is a fact........
you are obviously clueless
reveal

Buffalo, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2007
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
you are obviously clueless
I beg to differ....... You are just hearing one side of the story there are always two sides....
unknown

Buffalo, NY

#5 Nov 9, 2007
reveal wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ....... You are just hearing one side of the story there are always two sides....
Oh really - I would love to know the other side of the story. Give me a break!!! She is an embezzler & also stole from a CT firm while working there too a few years before moving to Bflo.
unknown

Buffalo, NY

#6 Nov 9, 2007
mary wrote:
I feel that Mrs Simses was truly remorseful and has paid back her debt. I feel compassion for her.
Mary who are you kidding. If you say you are sorry that means everything is OK. If Sanchez says he is sorry - should he be forgiven for killing and raping also?
unknown

AOL

#7 Nov 9, 2007
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
you are obviously clueless
clueless - fill me in please..........

I am sure she would not say to the judge that she is not sorry for what she did - look what she did to her husband and her children and also the loving family
unknown

AOL

#8 Nov 9, 2007
reveal wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ....... You are just hearing one side of the story there are always two sides....
Well then let's hear the other side. Look what Ms. Simse did to her husband, children and family.
can not reveal yet

United States

#9 Nov 12, 2007
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then let's hear the other side. Look what Ms. Simse did to her husband, children and family.
you misunderstood I was talking to the woman from Ct. She needs to hear the other side of the story.. I am sure she is family of that woman and they really need to hear the other side of the story..... I agree what she did to her children makes me crazy and I hope they will let their father back in their lives after she has destroyed that relationship. My heart goes out to her kids and ex-husband and her father........
caring

Marion, CT

#10 Nov 13, 2007
you don't know all sides, she is serving her time and is remorseful. good people can do wrong things and make poor choices but after mistakes it is what you from that point forward. most of us are not perfect, nor are in a position to judge
Someone Who Knows Her

AOL

#11 Nov 13, 2007
caring wrote:
you don't know all sides, she is serving her time and is remorseful. good people can do wrong things and make poor choices but after mistakes it is what you from that point forward. most of us are not perfect, nor are in a position to judge
yeah, that is a good story but it don't hold water. Wake up. Even if it did, then what about all the good people who have been laid off, lost health insurance, and DIDN'T GET the raises which they deserved over the long period of her crimes? And what about the poor people at Crown in CT who likewise were stolen from? And what about the inability of the remaining people in the Company to continue with a good projection of recovery from 9 years of CONTINUAL thefts by someone with NO HEART and NO REMORSE when she saw exactly what she was doing to those around her whom she called friends? Remorse, yes, she is sorry and remorseful for one thing:::: THAT SHE FINALLY GOT CAUGHT AND PROSECUTED!!! That is the only remorse that heartless woman could possibly muster under any circumstances. Look how she cleaned out her poor husband and then divorced him. Her use of everyone else's money as her personal cash register does NOT indicate she is capable of remorse. And that is a fact as someone said earlier. End of story. The rest if her act is play acting for all those silly enough to fall for it. And as for the amount she paid back it is but a small fraction of the true impact to all those around her, then and now. Get real.
Loving family

Marlborough, CT

#12 Nov 13, 2007
can not reveal yet wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding you feel compassion for a woman who wrecked a company, a family and I can't even begin to tell you how many friendships she ruined. Believe me when I tell you she is not remorseful. She is still living a life of luxery and I would bet stealing from her current employer. You have no idea what you are saying believe me I am one of the friends she "screwed" and hurt im more ways than you will ever understand. Please wake up and realise people who steal no exactly what they are doing and it wasn't the first company she stole from... And that is a fact........
Carolyn committed a crime. I can only surmise why she did this. It may have been the severe pressure she was under at home. I can only assume why, because I did not live in her home nor her mind. Why she did it would only be an excuse. It was wrong both morally and ethically. And she freely admitted her guilt. Her family is well aware of ALL the "facts". She was prosecuted and judged under the jurisdiction of the State of New York and has receieved her just punishment. Restituition has been made completely. ALL MONIES HAVE BEEN PAID. She has begun to serve her jail time. As a loving memeber of her family I know this: I love her. As do her children, sisters, brothers, father etc. At the end of the day she will remain a loved and well liked member of her family and community. We do not love or condone her actions. But she is loved. To compare her to a murderer or rapist is laughable, disturbing and absurd. Do you think that your poorly written, hurtful blog comments are going to help her loving family and children you feel so sorry for? Get a life. Move on. Lets hope the ivory tower you live in is a spotless and ivory as you purport. You should really be a GOD of some sort, being so omniscient. You know ALL the facts. I hope that her family and children is given the time support to heal. And I hope I never have "friends" like you. That quite frankly makes me shiver.
loving family too

Chicopee, MA

#13 Nov 13, 2007
Carolyn is loved and we are well aware of the facts- you obviously do not know her well. Her actions are not condoned by her family but she has our support and love. You also know nothing of her marriage , so have no right to comment on it. She may have made mistakes- some very big, but she is about very much more- much of it good. Some 'friens purport to show 'concern' for her children and family but I'm sure if any family has read the many less than knowlegeable and hateful comments it does nothing to aid in their healing. I can assure you that she coninues to have the love and support of her family. I also think it sad that you find it so easy to judge others and also have such sad lives that you have nothing better to do.
unkown

United States

#14 Nov 14, 2007
Yes, her poor family does need to heal. All of the people who have put their comments down here are NOT the ones who did this to her family--SHE did. Many people have been hurt unfortunately. They also need to heal. This might be part of THEIR healing process. Everyone DOES make mistakes in their life. Hopefully she will learn from this one and NEVER do it again. She has a problem and hopefully she is getting the help she needs. All of us who are commenting have not judged her--the judge judged her. As for your comment on everyone having such sad lives and have nothing better to do is also a hurting comment. Some of the people who are probably commenting DO NOT HAVE A JOB ANYMORE because of HER stealing! Get real will you--The whole situation is HORRIBLE for everyone involved! The criminal and ALL of the victims.
Some_Mistake

United States

#15 Nov 14, 2007
Mistake? A mistake is when you get to work with one black sock and one navy blue sock on, or when you get off the highway at the wrong exit during a trip. This was a cold calculated theft and coverup that went on for over 9 years. Returning the money 9 years later does nothing to help the people already laid off or restore the company's financial statement for the past years. It is exactly this attitude of I'll love you no matter what and I'll never hold you accountable for your "mistakes" that led everybody to where they are today.
unkown

Orlando, FL

#16 Nov 14, 2007
To all of you who feel bad about her company get real. You make it sound as if it is a fact people got laid off. her stealing 200k over the period of nine years is just about 20k a year, some work force they laid off at that sallary.
unkown

United States

#17 Nov 14, 2007
Do you not know ANYTHING about business? I guess not. It's not just $20,000 a year. There are many other things to consider here. Maybe you should do your homework.
unkown

United States

#18 Nov 14, 2007
So you're also JUSTIFYING taking $20,000 a year?
hmmmm

East Haddam, CT

#19 Nov 14, 2007
unkown wrote:
To all of you who feel bad about her company get real. You make it sound as if it is a fact people got laid off. her stealing 200k over the period of nine years is just about 20k a year, some work force they laid off at that sallary.
Put perfectly...
hmmm...I have pondered that fact. I have also wondered about the CPA that was supposedly reviewing the records of the company yearly. For those who know the facts the manner in which the crime was committed was anything but sophisticated...surely if the company was in such duress they would have had a Forensic Accountant review the books years ago? Especially if people were laid off in droves, salaries were being cut and bonuses not paid? C'mon now. All this anger and hatred toward Ms. Simses seems kind of like a personal vendetta...
unkown

Orlando, FL

#20 Nov 14, 2007
not at all, i am just putting things in a different perspective. who ever you are from buffalo you really have something personal against this woman, otherwise you wouldnt be posting blogs everyday, i mean you are spending a lot of personal time checking up. I hope your not on the clock weasting company dollars posting blogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jen and Mike Quimby are a team at home, at chur... Dec '17 TheTruth 1
News Akron man accused of DWI after driving into house (Jan '12) Nov '17 blew point15 3
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Contract for Depew r... (May '08) Oct '17 Your Name Here 136
David Wisniewski Oct '17 Davids Mom 3
DWI David Wisniewski Oct '17 BRIAN 2
News Nurse Supports Alledged Victim in Sexual Assaul... (Jul '07) Oct '17 Justice for all 73
News Albion prison worker charged in sex case (Mar '09) Aug '17 Tripog 193

Alden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alden Mortgages