Corrections Employee Fired After Phillips Escape Reinstated

Feb 8, 2011 Full story: WBEN-AM Buffalo 55

Buffalo, NY David Padilla, the Erie County corrections officer fired after the escape of Ralph "Bucky" Phillips has been reinstated following an arbitrator's ruling.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tom

Niagara Falls, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2011
The truth will come out. They used Padilla as a scapegoat. There were 2 guys working in that area at that time, one got fired and one became their favorite. 2 careers couldn't have gone in more complete opposite directions. All the administrators LIED, and have been forced to retire. Now only the lying captain is left. they used Padilla to cover their own incompetence, now you have another political appointed hack in Whipple trying to cover for the rest of the rats. The truth shall set you free.
Justice Served

Buffalo, NY

#2 Feb 9, 2011
Thank God for the Unions!
teach

Buffalo, NY

#6 Feb 10, 2011
bucky is the one who was wronged
punK

Buffalo, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2011
no he wasn't. don't change the goddam issue. bucky is a scumbag. he deserves worse than what he got.
officer padilla, on the other hand, lost his goddammed job, and the sheriff's administation outright lied as to why he was terminated.
they knew the alarm system was broken. there were requests, FORMAL REQUESTS, for it to be fixed.
howard and crew are directly responsable for both the dead and the ruined. understand? no? i didn't think so. the management of the erie county sheriff's dept. is responsable for dead people. for lives that have been destroyed. and of course they are responsable for millions of dollars of OUR TAX MONEY. they should all be rotting in their own disgusting jail.
Life Coach
#8 Feb 10, 2011
punK wrote:
no he wasn't. don't change the goddam issue. bucky is a scumbag. he deserves worse than what he got.
officer padilla, on the other hand, lost his goddammed job, and the sheriff's administation outright lied as to why he was terminated.
they knew the alarm system was broken. there were requests, FORMAL REQUESTS, for it to be fixed.
howard and crew are directly responsable for both the dead and the ruined. understand? no? i didn't think so. the management of the erie county sheriff's dept. is responsable for dead people. for lives that have been destroyed. and of course they are responsable for millions of dollars of OUR TAX MONEY. they should all be rotting in their own disgusting jail.
This has been going on for decades in the Sheriff's Department...Understaffed, overcrowded, lax procedures, bad equipment...When something goes wrong, they play hardball by scapegoating some non-politically connected jail guard, and get off the hook when the union gets the guy his job back. But who feeds his family while he is waiting?
punK

Buffalo, NY

#9 Feb 10, 2011
we will be feeding him. he will be getting 5 years of back pay. if overtime is included, the total will be at least $300,000. and he deserves it.
sadly, the pricks who allowed this to happen won't be paying. WE, THE TAXPAYERS WILL!
congrats, officer padilla. don't stop talking to the media. expose the scum you work for to EVERYONE.
you deserve every penny. multiply that total by 6. and demand tim howard be held responsable for dead people.

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#10 Feb 11, 2011
i blame the blacks and the red faces that helped that scum bag kill the troopers bucky should be shot and everyone else that helped him too
Troll-o-matic

North Tonawanda, NY

#11 Feb 11, 2011
Damn arbi-traitor! Oh wait, management set that up. DAMMIT!
Tim Howard

Buffalo, NY

#12 Feb 11, 2011
This is all nonsense. I love all horses. But I hate it when the carny's at the county fair try to rip off people when they use a basketball rim that is to small for the actual basketball.
"come on kid. you can do it. you are sure to win a teddy bear."
It is a lie, and I will crack this case. I am looking out for YOU, the TAXPAYER.
Now, who the hell is Bucky Phillips? I'm the Sheriff, someone please tell me!!
I love horses.
Tim Howard

Buffalo, NY

#13 Feb 12, 2011
I run a very competent department. And I love horsies.
Tim Howard

Buffalo, NY

#14 Feb 13, 2011
horsies.
Tom

Niagara Falls, NY

#15 Feb 13, 2011
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been going on for decades in the Sheriff's Department...Understaffed, overcrowded, lax procedures, bad equipment...When something goes wrong, they play hardball by scapegoating some non-politically connected jail guard, and get off the hook when the union gets the guy his job back. But who feeds his family while he is waiting?
Believe me Coach, the union had nothing to do with Padilla getting his job back. They hung him out to dry and he hired his own attorney at his own expense. That union is in the pocket of administration. Ask anyone they represent.
punK

Buffalo, NY

#17 Feb 15, 2011
know what else? padilla's wife died of cancer.
forget for a moment the emotional toll it took on mr. padilla, remember that he had no insurance.
the judge ordered the county to 'make him whole'.
add up his salary (300 grand), what he owes for the treatments for his wife, what he owes to everyone and add all this to emotional stress, my god, the ecsd will be paying mr. padilla somewhere between 3-4 million. AND HE DESERVES IT!
but we as taxpayers should not be paying the tab.
tim howard, dj livingston, brian doyle and every friggin' upper management jack off in that dept. should be footing the bill. they should also be in jail.
thanx, erie county, for letting the special needs kids they can run for and win an election where money means absolutely nothing. the sheriff of erie county. only idiots need apply.
Life Coach

UK

#18 Feb 15, 2011
punK wrote:
forget for a moment the emotional toll it took on mr. padilla, remember that he had no insurance.
add up his salary (300 grand), what he owes for the treatments for his wife, what he owes to everyone and add all this to emotional stress, my god, the ecsd will be paying mr. padilla somewhere between 3-4 million. AND HE DESERVES IT!
tim howard, dj livingston, brian doyle and every friggin' upper management jack off in that dept. should be footing the bill. they should also be in jail.
thanx, erie county, for letting the special needs kids they can run for and win an election where money means absolutely nothing. the sheriff of erie county. only idiots need apply.
For years the problem has always been Sheriffs who had a police background running jails and court security when they know nothing about it. Back in the late 70's early 80's the ECSD was run by these clowns:
Sheriff Ken Braun- Former Amherst Police Captain
Undersheriff Tom Higgins- Former BPD
# 3 clown Robert Ford- Criminal Justice professor
Super of Holding Center Joe Foreman- Former Canisius College security director
punK

Buffalo, NY

#19 Feb 16, 2011
amen.
add barbara leary, failed restaurant j off (early times), mike reardon, who is currently the a hole in charge, dj livingston, who is responsable for the ENTIRE bucky fiasco, and of course tim howard, the worst leader - and that includes cubscouts - the world has ever seen. add to this list TOM DIINA, who donated 10 grand to jump from sgt to chief.
tell 'em willie boy was here, tommy boy, you cowardly little creep. let me suggest, for your own safety, you avoid looking at me. i hate you.
i enjoy knowing you are aware i hate you.
for now this will have to satisfy me. sometime soon, though ...
Tom

Niagara Falls, NY

#20 Feb 16, 2011
punK wrote:
I agree with your overall assessment of that cesspool of patronage and ineptitude, but I have to correct you on one thing - Padillas wife is not deceased, and she has MS not cancer. That being said this BS did take a toll on her health.
Tom

Niagara Falls, NY

#21 Feb 16, 2011
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
For years the problem has always been Sheriffs who had a police background running jails and court security when they know nothing about it. Back in the late 70's early 80's the ECSD was run by these clowns:
Sheriff Ken Braun- Former Amherst Police Captain
Undersheriff Tom Higgins- Former BPD
# 3 clown Robert Ford- Criminal Justice professor
Super of Holding Center Joe Foreman- Former Canisius College security director
IMO the sheriff SHOULD have a police background, but he should hire someone with jail experience to run the jails, not just keep rotating the same sycophant idiots from position to position. The main players in the Padilla/Bucky fiasco have all either moved on (Doyle) or been forced to retire (Heist and Livingstone).
Life Coach

Manchester, UK

#22 Feb 16, 2011
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO the sheriff SHOULD have a police background, but he should hire someone with jail experience to run the jails, not just keep rotating the same sycophant idiots from position to position. The main players in the Padilla/Bucky fiasco have all either moved on (Doyle) or been forced to retire (Heist and Livingstone).
I think the opposite. The sheriff should have a jail background and hire somebody with a cop background to manage the handful of county mounties who patrol the boon docks. The "narc" deputies are just there for political grandstanding and could be eliminated
Tom

Niagara Falls, NY

#23 Feb 17, 2011
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the opposite. The sheriff should have a jail background and hire somebody with a cop background to manage the handful of county mounties who patrol the boon docks. The "narc" deputies are just there for political grandstanding and could be eliminated
I guess it's 6 of 1 half dozen of the other! Currently we have neither. We have a guy with zero jail experience, and police experience which largely consists of rat squad paper pushing.

How did the newest undersheriff get his job? He was a Sgt. a few months ago.
Harry Balls

Lancaster, NY

#24 Feb 17, 2011
Gotta love those liberal unions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue henu 6,429
State police 'confident' Phillips remains in Ch... (Jul '06) Sep 14 knapp commission 5,655
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 8 positronium 6,387
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) Sep 4 Who Me 2,988
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 2 Austrian Expat 439
Law and Order: Batavia teenager accused of rape... Aug 27 shadylady 7
•••
•••

Alden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Alden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••