Political scandals creating controversy

Political scandals creating controversy

There are 30 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Sep 5, 2008, titled Political scandals creating controversy. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

It's becoming an all-too-familiar story: New York State political powerhouses embroiled in scandal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sue

Buffalo, NY

#1 Sep 5, 2008
He's a lying swine
Dale V

AOL

#2 Sep 6, 2008
Hey, I've been a Senator for 36 years. No scandals in my past. Look I work for you! LMAOOO

Are your taxes lower? Is there a budget deficit?

Keep voting for me morons!

I want to be a Senator until I drop dead!
Silver Stag

Buffalo, NY

#3 Sep 6, 2008
When you're a "POLITICIAN", Republican OR DEMOCRAT, your PAST is "FAIR GAME" Whether your name is Spitzer or Patterson, McCain or Obama, Biden or Palin or Hoyt. It's certainly BEST for the voting public to KNOW YOUR CHARACTER BEFORE you're electedto PUBLIC OFFICE.
bubugerry

South Portland, ME

#4 Sep 6, 2008
Wish these politicians would invest their money into something constructive rather then spend on their mail bashing. Seems all this week i have received at least 3 pieces a day... This is getting more attention then the priests who molested underage altar boys, the teacher having contact with a student, the killing of our young children. list can go on and on.. Where was Kathryn Mazierski when this was going on? Didn't see her at the Vatican, nor at the steps of City Hall Board of Education, or even at Police Headquarters...I am not perfect, I am a human being , who does have faults. Think it is time for all of us to look at ourselves first before casting stones at others.. I cannot be their judge on what they do, my main concern is for my children n grandchildren and what opportunity they will have in this city which is slowly fading away. Time to wake up be vocal as tax payers and voice what we want to better ourselves and our community. When it comes to the senseless killing of a child it knows no race or religion, it is still a child.

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Since: Jul 07

Lake View, NY

#5 Sep 6, 2008
This sounds like a concerted and despicable attack on politicians based upon their gender. Would NOW and these female and liberal candidates be so zealously attacking female politicians?
Enough Is Enough

Buffalo, NY

#6 Sep 6, 2008
I think these commercials are GREAT! As long as the facts are true. Repeat, as long as the facts are true. It's about time we recognize these "gentlemen" for what they are. If they can't live up to a high standard of conduct, my tax money SHOULD NOT be paying their salary. Get rid of them, New York. Elect quality people who might actually have our best interests in mind.
Yawn

Buffalo, NY

#7 Sep 6, 2008
Enough Is Enough wrote:
I think these commercials are GREAT! As long as the facts are true. Repeat, as long as the facts are true. It's about time we recognize these "gentlemen" for what they are. If they can't live up to a high standard of conduct, my tax money SHOULD NOT be paying their salary.
You people sound like a bunch of hypocrites and prudes. From all reports, the relationships were consensual.

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Since: Jul 07

Lake View, NY

#8 Sep 6, 2008
Enough Is Enough wrote:
I think these commercials are GREAT! As long as the facts are true. Repeat, as long as the facts are true. It's about time we recognize these "gentlemen" for what they are. If they can't live up to a high standard of conduct, my tax money SHOULD NOT be paying their salary. Get rid of them, New York. Elect quality people who might actually have our best interests in mind.
I have no problem with that, as long as they go after slutty female politicians just as vigorously as they go after horn dog male politicians!!!
penny politician

Buffalo, NY

#9 Sep 6, 2008
I think a man who uses his billions to vilify someone who has already admitted his guilt and dealt with that ugly situation...is a coward who believes bucks make him c**!
I used to like Golisano, but now he proves that his heritage destroys you if they think, money is their power!
Golisano is really a blow**** loser and now for sure I am voting for SAM HOYT! At least HOYT had enough character to admit his mistake...what does Golisano do about it... but pay disgusting Pidgeon to fight this juvenile battle! Isn't Golisano a fat boy who should be able to fight this man himself?
scumbag!

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#10 Sep 6, 2008
Tom Golisano has proven on several occasions that he is not what the people want so now he has decided to become a master puppeteer. I'm not sure that money can get his puppets elected because it sure didn't work for him. If Sam Hoyt can learn to control his wiener (that doesn't mean proper aiming) and prove to everyone that he can do something to benefit this area then he might be the logical choice for the job. It's really getting to the point where the people must put our requirements above all else and do what is necessary for us. Politicians in general have a track record of looking out for themselves instead of the people. If you need proof just compare your pension and benefits to theirs (unless your union owns their own politicians).
bubugerry

South Portland, ME

#11 Sep 6, 2008
With Tom Golisano seems its always about money, maybe someone needs to investigate his pockets........ Sam Hoyt you have my vote
molhol

East Aurora, NY

#12 Sep 6, 2008
hoyt is a politician, nothing more need be said. we should believe all the adds by all the candidates and not elect any of them!!!!!
Matt Bova

Decatur, IL

#13 Sep 6, 2008
Albany needs to be treated more like a place of government and less like a gentlemen's club.

Hoyt and Cole went to Albany with the attitude of a couple drunken party animals.

Albany needs leaders, not frat boys.
George Jefferson

AOL

#14 Sep 7, 2008
I'm votin for who ever is black.
That's all that matters.
We blacks took over Buffalo, now we's gonna take over Albany.
Dave

Clarence, NY

#15 Sep 7, 2008
I'm so sick of political ads, the whole damned lot of them! I just can't hit the mute button fast enough. Those things are usually just plain insulting.
You know how they have that "V" chip option in tv's? You can activate it so that "V"iolent programming is deleted?
Well, I'd like for there to be a "P" chip option in tv's, and radios for that matter too! When the "P" chip is activated all "P"olitical ad material would be deleted! Maybe all you'd see on the tv screen would be a view of a pleasant, sunny meadow full of flowers. You'd hear pleasant "elevator" type music.
The "P" chip should be a standard feature.

morals be gone

Tonawanda, NY

#16 Sep 7, 2008
Man With No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that, as long as they go after slutty female politicians just as vigorously as they go after horn dog male politicians!!!
So let's just start something called the liberal "Horndog" Party . Where "anything goes" is the motto. Interns? well just get some hookers for that job which will keep them off the streets anyway.Remember a condom a day keeps the doctor away
Jim in Buffalo

United States

#17 Sep 7, 2008
It's so funny that the party of immorality and Godlessness is trying to run on family values and faith.

Liberal hypocrites.

Ignorance is what fuels the liberal Democrats.

They have the fear of Palin and McCain to deal with and they're scared.

They know that senator Kunte Kinte is losing ground and has no experience to lead this country.

That Obama is nothing but a BLACK Jimmy Carter.
hmm---

East Aurora, NY

#18 Sep 7, 2008
Equal time for Conservative Perverts...looking for sex in public restrooms and hitting on young boys working as Congressional Pages..not to mention the Holy Rollers who are caught with prostitutes of both genders...

Since: Dec 07

Cheektawaga NY

#19 Sep 7, 2008
When you enter into politics you are opening your life to scrutiny... deal with it.

Since: Dec 07

Cheektawaga NY

#20 Sep 7, 2008
George Jefferson wrote:
I'm votin for who ever is black.
That's all that matters.
We blacks took over Buffalo, now we's gonna take over Albany.
Because there are so many who think like you do (voting for people without basing selection on issues) you will most likely take over the whole USA very very soon. So sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transportation Options Aug 15 Chris 1
News East Aurora's Toyfest Cancelled for 2008 (Feb '08) Jul '15 sebtree 39
News Albion prison worker charged in sex case (Mar '09) Jul '15 shaylene 187
Horse Abuse .. Jun '15 Glen 1
Lancaster's New Mascot: LEGENDS Jun '15 Redskins supporter 1
Vidlers Jun '15 Taxed to death 1
Cheryl Samulski Jun '15 Yep its true 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alden Mortgages