Metal stamping plant in Alden will close

Full story: WIVB Buffalo

A company in Alden will close down by the end of the summer after more than 25 years in business.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 21, 2008
uaw

Lewiston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

Wow guess it is not high wage union workers that close and drive company's out of town it is unfair trade law's that are the major factor in job loss so write you elected officals and tell then it unfair to US worker's and to repeal unequal trade law's if american's do not wake up to this fact the only job's that will be here will be 7.25 an hour taco bell type job's
Old Black Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2008

I toured that facility some time ago, it was a family run business and the owner had too much SG&A expenses tied up in supporting his family. Also, there were several Vice Presidents working there, just too much burden on the product considering the low annual sales.

Old Black Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2008

Also, when I toured that facility the owner had people literally toiling away assembling and packaging some mechanical "snake" drain cleaning product for a major retailer. The people were over 95% utilized and the work environment was equivalent to what I have seen in China, except they didn't have a dirt floor. No one should have to work in those conditions in the U.S. for lousy wages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Alden Discussions

Search the Alden Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 34 min Redumblican Teabagger 6,352
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) Thu Life Coachiii 2,986
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Contract for Depew r... (May '08) Jul 17 Madhatter 127
Woman Shot by Boyfriend Near Barcelona Beach Jun '14 dayskills 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE