Bridge beams to be saved

Bridge beams to be saved

There are 3 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 25, 2008, titled Bridge beams to be saved. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Timbers from the burned-out Gudgeonville bridge will be salvaged and stored until township supervisors decide what to do with them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

John R Carlson

Nampa, ID

#1 Dec 29, 2008
The burning of the "Bridge" was a tragedy. I and my family were personally appalled at the deed because our father and grandfather (Mr. Theodore Carlson of Lake city, Pa - now deceased) spent many hours on the edge of Elk Creek painting the "Bridge" in all kinds of weather and seasons. Unfortunately, most of his "Bridge" paintings did not remain with his family. They are scattered around Western NY, PA and OH. There may be one at the Erie Art Center or Museum on 6th Street. The Conneaut Art Club may also be a resource.

A sidelight - On Page 8-A Erie ,PA., TIMES-NEWS, Sunday, April 9, 1972 - an article and picture of my father's conception of saving the the Erie
waterfront and Peninsula was run.

Respectfully,

John and Joyce Carlson
2165 Marigold St
Pocatello, Idaho 83201
Tim

Mesa, AZ

#2 Dec 31, 2008
Bell and Gleason should have to rebuild the bridge
My Name

Martinsburg, PA

#4 Dec 31, 2008
They should build an exact replica using the exact materials and tools that would have been used to construct the bridge originally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Rice Washout (Aug '14) Aug '17 Native ... 3
James Hyde Jun '17 Freakyfun 1
Name of Chris Leclair's girlfriend Jun '17 Bloomenthal 2
News Why Erie will go to the dogs this weekend (Jan '12) May '17 Margie 3
Beware of deaf mute May '17 Concerned 1
Dino Jump (Apr '17) Apr '17 Reminiscing 1
News Alleged Sex Scandal in Albion (Jan '07) Sep '16 Mtm 796

Albion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance