Suspected Serial Killer Has 2 Kids, O...

Suspected Serial Killer Has 2 Kids, Once Ran For Mayor

There are 22 comments on the WKRN-TV Nashville story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Suspected Serial Killer Has 2 Kids, Once Ran For Mayor. In it, WKRN-TV Nashville reports that:

The small town Albion, Illinois is absorbing news that one of their own is being investigated as a possible serial killer. via WKRN-TV Nashville

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKRN-TV Nashville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lori Darling

White House, TN

#1 Jul 14, 2007
I rented a house from this guy and his wife, Linda. He poisoned my kittens (I even had an autopsy done). When I wanted to move out of the house I was renting from him so I could buy a different house, He put threatening letters on my front door even threatened to castrate my son. I went to Brian Shinkle, the State Attorney about this and he just told me to move (I already had).
Thanks to his ignorance, 6 or more women are dead. Way to go Brian!!!
Tell the Truth

Ashburn, VA

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Jane Radostits was the top Assistant State's Attorney in DuPage County. Elected by her colleagues #1 prosecutor in Illinois in 2006. She was fatally injured in an auto collision last week. Car which she was driving caused serious injuries to others. Her blood alcohol test was .25, three times the legal limit.
State's Attorney Birkett and numerous law enforcement officers in DuPage County professed surprise and shock that the lead prosecutor would drive while thus impaired. Human nature is such that it is incredible that the departed got totally drunk once only. The conclusion is inescapable that her weakness for alcohol was long standing, tolerated and concealed by those with whom she worked.
Diligent cops who stop Joe Blow for a missing tail light, order a breathalyzer test instanter at the slightest smell of booze. Had this same rule been applied to the hierarchy, the deceased might well be alive, receiving treatment for her illness, albeit without driver's license.
Jane Radostits is not an isolated tragedy. Similar cover-up occurs with sickening frequency. One need not travel 260 miles to DuPage County to witness cozy relationship within law enforcement and the tolerance not extended to the rest of the world. The State's Attorney of Edwards County has been accused in sworn testimony of repeatedly driving and drinking. Yet, none dares subject him to a breathalyzer test. His reaction to possible correction by his associates, "I have them under my thumb."
do something

Ashburn, VA

#3 Jul 15, 2007
Lori Darling wrote:
I rented a house from this guy and his wife, Linda. He poisoned my kittens (I even had an autopsy done). When I wanted to move out of the house I was renting from him so I could buy a different house, He put threatening letters on my front door even threatened to castrate my son. I went to Brian Shinkle, the State Attorney about this and he just told me to move (I already had).
This so true. If a report complaint was taken to the Edwards co SA then it should have been filed and followed up. To think that this man could have been found out if the states attorney had done his job. It seems that the brian shinkle the edwards county state's attorney is NEVER in his office, gone constantly. He wasn't even around to get a warrant prepared for the search of Bruce Mendenhalls house in Albion.
Commisioner

Pasadena, MD

#4 Jul 22, 2007
Where are the commissioners of Edwards County? They need to step up and do housekeeping on the constantly absent, and constantly drinking states attorney Brian Shinkle. What a jerk.
Everyone knows that the Sheriff wont do anything without the ok from Shinkle, and everyone knows that the police will not pull Mr. Shinkle over even though they know he is drunk most of the time. Lots of bottles leave the States Attorneys office. Time to wake up the voters and the commissioners. Unbelievable
meow

Albion, IL

#5 Jul 23, 2007
Lori Darling wrote:
Lori: Six MORE women? Do you know something the investigators don't?

Get off your high horse. Shinkle's going to have you locked up because you're running your mouth. I hear you're in court tomorrow. Rotsa ruck.
Commisioner

Pasadena, MD

#6 Jul 23, 2007
True about Shinkle. He's a freak. But he's been protected by people in high places. That protection might be disappearing now that the facts about his divorce are coming out.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Rosiclare, IL

#7 Jul 24, 2007
THE TRUTH ABOUT BRIAN SHINKLE JUST KEEPS COMING OUT.YOU CAN REALLY TELL WHAT KIND OF BARNEY FIFE LAWMEN EDWARDS COUNTY HAS WORKING FOR OUR HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS.THIS CASE IS JUST ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE!
PAT RANKIN

Rosiclare, IL

#8 Jul 24, 2007
BRIAN SHINKLE IS A LOWLIFE JUST ASK ME I WILL TELL YOU.WHAT KIND OF PERSON DRINKS AND DRIVES EVERYDAY AND BUSTS MY BALLS FOR DOING IT ON THE WEEKENDS.I HATE HIS GUTS.MY MOTTO IS TINKLE ON SHINKLE,VOTE FOR ANYONE ELSE!
Commisioner

Bel Air, MD

#9 Jul 24, 2007
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
THE TRUTH ABOUT BRIAN SHINKLE JUST KEEPS COMING OUT.YOU CAN REALLY TELL WHAT KIND OF BARNEY FIFE LAWMEN EDWARDS COUNTY HAS WORKING FOR OUR HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS.THIS CASE IS JUST ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE!
amen
Disclosure follower

United States

#10 Jul 27, 2007
I can vouge for the enept condition of the Edwards County law system and it's public officials. They unfortunately keep electing this drunk who allows the killers of women and children to live in prison and suck our money down in tax form to keep these low life jerks alive. I hear tinkle likes to leave his own child at home alone and really doesn't care for the 3 yr. old. Nice one tinkle! I also hear he likes to harrass his soon to be ex in the form of many legal papers and jack boot police. Can anyone say MENTAL???
truth I wonder

Richmond, KY

#11 Aug 8, 2007
since the beginning of this horrific episode of a suspected serial killer in albion il, i have run across many people on both sides of what they call the "truth". It seems that they have used this issue to attack certain elected officials without focusing on the actual crimes which have been committed. The Disclosure, which sounds to me like a malitia type Rag, designed only for their own fulfillment of discrediting anyone in an official capacity. Whereas, I don't particularly care for or like some of these officials, however slandering and mudslinging takes away from the actual issues & makes the accusers look worse than their enemies. All of what I have read & heard other than from officials, has been heresy & rumors. I have yet to see the truth printed about anything. It is my observation and opinion that, The Disclosure will harrass, coerse, threaten anyone for a story even if it isn't the truth as long as it hurts anyone they have targeted at the time.
I am the husband of Lori Darling Young and as previously stated, I do not support or like Brian Shinkle but, in no way am I going to be party to a printed or verbal "Hanging" or slandering of the man or the way he has handled my wife's case. Brian Shinkle stayed within the law however harsh or unfair I think he was, he didn't slander or name call... He didn't resort to lowering himself to that level. In my opinion, if he is not worthy of being a State Attorney, elect another and vote in the November elections.
meow

Albion, IL

#12 Aug 9, 2007
dude, you're wrong about shinkel. and obviously you know nothing about the disclosure. Without them brian shinkle would be a JUDGE. So you sit there in your little kentucky palace and live your fantasy, we've got to deal with the reality here.
truth I wonder

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Aug 10, 2007
meow wrote:
dude, you're wrong about shinkel. and obviously you know nothing about the disclosure. Without them brian shinkle would be a JUDGE. So you sit there in your little kentucky palace and live your fantasy, we've got to deal with the reality here.
the Discloser trys to get their stories by any means possible; bulling, blackmail (even though they have nothing to blackmail with except lies), bribery, misinforamtion or just plain lies. how i know you ask? i have heard the calls from these people with all the above tactics. as for all the alleged problems with the state attorney and other elected officals, if the power of the vote does not work and these problems are real and persist, might i suggest that there are other agencies that these people answer to? or is that something that the good people of illinois have not thought of? We hillbilly's of kentucky and tennessee know how to use this procedure when an offical is corrupt. but the power of the vote is the best way to rid the system of bad elected officals. i have not heard anyone suggest a new candidate for any of these positions, only rumors and crybabies whining that they are lousy,and that they need to be gone.
meow

Albion, IL

#14 Aug 11, 2007
wft is it to YOU whether they get a new candidate over there? welcome to the big time, hillbilly. you shoudnt of let your wife get on here and post all this stuff and call all teh TV stateions. THINK before u SPEAK.
truth I wonder

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Aug 13, 2007
"Let my wife" now that's the most hillbilly comment I've heard yet. Since when is my wife my child?
meow

Albion, IL

#16 Aug 14, 2007
So why isn't SHE here talking about this? She sure was vocal at the begining.

And we've got hillbillys in wayne county. Nothing to be ashamed of.
hullabaloo

Louisville, IL

#17 Aug 19, 2007
interesting.
et tu brute

Catonsville, MD

#18 Aug 25, 2007
are hullaboloo initials
BTS or DS
et to brute

Catonsville, MD

#19 Aug 28, 2007
oops didn't realize that you felps!!!!
Another Prosecutor

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Sep 20, 2007
A U.S. prosecutor accused of using the Internet to arrange for sex with a 5-year-old girl flew to Michigan carrying sexual materials and presents for the child, authorities said Tuesday.

John D.R. Atchison, 53, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was arrested Sunday at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after several weeks of Internet conversations between the prosecutor and a detective posing as the mother of a 5-year-old girl, authorities say.

Officials said Atchison, an assistant U.S. attorney in Florida, made the trip anticipating a sexual encounter but was arrested instead. He was carrying presents for the girl, including a doll and hoop earrings, and also had sexual materials, including petroleum jelly, Sheriff Mark Hackel said.

A federal grand jury added a charge Tuesday of crossing state lines with intent to have sex with someone younger than 12. Atchison also faces charges of use of the Internet to seek illicit sex and interstate travel to engage in illicit sexual contact. He could face up to life in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth Is Going To Come Out! Oct 10 Sickofthebs 1
Michael Jordan Oct 2 Lmao 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sep 27 NoMoreIncumbents 137
Looking for good adult time (Mar '17) Sep 17 Big Guy 4
Haley Smith Sep '17 Just Curiois 1
Need a down low partner. Aug '17 Big Guy 1
white trash (Sep '14) Jul '17 Hmm 15

Albion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albion Mortgages